3A DLX Optimus Prime-Bumblebee Movie

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by OriginalFire, Mar 16, 2019.

1. VVa

VVa If you don't Booyah back I want you dead.

Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    When I bought mine for around the same price, I thought the same. But once I had it in my hand, it easily felt worth every penny.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Grimlock212

Grimlock212 Well-Known Member

You get points with Sideshow. I really like Sideshow and they are my first choice with all collectibles. However you end up getting it, you’ll love the figure. It rules!

Now if they’d just hurry up with the Premium scale version! I can’t wait to see it in the gigantic glory!

3. Grimlock212

These are way underpriced for what you get today. There is no better bang for your buck.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Music

Music Primetimus Prime

News Credits:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Ah, I remember when this costed $200 with shipping and taxes included. Good times.

What is he now with everything included? Like $250? I'd say that's a pretty good price for this guy.

5. octobotimus

octobotimus Bad company ruins good morals

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    I couldn’t care any less about sideshows points back tbh since I never plan to buy anything else from them. Just want this guy. I also feel even less likely to support them after their extremely misleading "$15 off your first purchase of $100+" and then it proceeds to not work on this guy...
    Yep $255…. Which is really pushing it for me tbh since it doesn’t transform. I sold my TW one to get this guy but idk anymore. It technically offers less.

Last edited: Feb 1, 2022
  6. Music

Music Primetimus Prime

News Credits:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    You will be trading the transformation for more accuracy and better paint applications. If you're looking for the most accurate version of BB Movie Prime in a relatively affordable price range, then this will be it. Well, there's also the Yolopark model kit, though, the paint apps won't be as good unless you paint to it yourself, but it does seem to have even better articulation than DLX Prime.

• Like Like x 2
  7. VVa

Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Ok, Toy World's can transform but it's a frail shit piece that doesn't even have an intuitive transformation. Meanwhile DLX BBOP is one solid, mean posing machine.

• Like Like x 5
  8. zark225

zark225 Talon Productions on YouTube

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Custom URL):
    Yeah Freedom Leader sucks. The right decision was made.

9. Grimlock212

I think if you look at the discount code they give you they say, “on select items” or something like that. Sideshow offers incredible customer service and their payment plans are great for folks who want to spread payments on big purchases over several months. Sideshow is the premier collectible business I know of, period. They really are top notch. That said, if you never want to get another ThreeA, ThreeZero, Hot Toys, etc. then I understand why the point system doesn’t benefit you. I buy *tons* from them, so it works for me.

On the DLX Prime figure, I highly recommend you try this figure out. It’s incredible. I can’t imagine anyone being disappointed. It’s got much better paint than Fanstoys, Hot Toys, etc. The articulation is great. The engineering of the joints is awesome. It’s solid as a rock and you can “play” with it all day and night with zero risk of anything breaking. If you care about weight and diecast, you’ll love this figure based on that alone. ThreeZero is making the best Transformer products out there by a huge margin. It’s funny because there are so many Fanstoys fanatics in the Transformers world, and I don’t think FT holds a candle to the ThreeZero Transformers, they are just insanely good. It’s a shame more people aren’t getting them.

I suspect if you get this one, you might be looking to get the rest of the line in the near future…

• Like Like x 2
  10. ManelFigures

ManelFigures You can't hear the bass, but you can feel it.

Instagram:
    Because there's an unnamed cult that sais "a non-transformable figure it can't be called Transformer" :lol 

Must be the same guys that sais "a diecast 1/72 plane can't be named plane because it can't fly". :lol  :lol 

"A diecast car can't be named car because you can't use gasoline and brum brum on the road" :lol  :lol 

I think people wants a balance between accuracy aesthetics and transformation features, and they can't understand that there's people that wants accuracy over transformation features.

Even the people that wants a transformable figure no matter at cost, are capable to buy figures like TW09 with the painful transformation and with a large source of QC issues, just only to transform him once and never touch him again. And yes, it's respectable. Knowing that the figure can transform, let them sleep peacefully I guess. (It happens to me with BA Prime haha).

That's why I prefer playability over "displayability" (damn, I think I'm inventing words :lol ). ThreeZero OP has a big range of playability and display features without being afraid of break something, but sacrifies the transformation.

TW09 is very good in display features... But a nightmare in playability.

• Like Like x 4
  11. langames

langames Banned

I dont think so. Toyworld done the head sculpt better than threezero. OP has double antennas btw. The premium has light up in his gun.

12. VVa

Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Ehhhhh, W R O N G. Something looks really off about Toy World's, compared to the DLX and CG model. 9CCCC81D-0C85-491D-B0E7-8E58750B2665.jpeg 6ED73A41-F96C-4A00-8935-4395F058FF42.jpeg 21384854-18E4-415C-A4FE-43BF112DD328.png

• Like Like x 3
  13. Music

Music Primetimus Prime

News Credits:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Uh, nah, not really. The bottom portion of the head on TW BB Prime is sculpted at a v-shaped angle which isn't anything like the CGI model. Threezero's headsculpt is definitely more accurate. TW does have a more detailed faceplate that better matches the film, but I personally think the shape of the headsculpt is far more important.

• Like Like x 2
  14. Liege Prime

Liege Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    You might be right about what you get for your buck, but I think they also know they will get less buyers as they go up. Personally, I think these being around 190-230 depending on complexity makes me good with buying them, and I will buy more of them if they keep it down. If they climbed closer to 300, or when they do, I would just skip them, and so would other. So, it's tradeoff between profit per figure or selling more.

15. langames

langames Banned

16. Music

Music Primetimus Prime

News Credits:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    What? o_O 

• Like Like x 1
  17. VVa

Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    What the _fuck_ are you even saying? :/

• Like Like x 1
  18. Grimlock212

Wow, I just don’t see it. The eyes are soooo bad.

I definitely think this line basically killed their Premium Scale line. I feel like I’m the only person on TFW getting the Premium figures these days.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 4, 2022
    • Like Like x 4
  19. Grimlock212

I thought of what those eyes reminded me of, those Transformers for little kids.

upload_2022-2-3_19-59-23.jpeg

• Like Like x 1
  20. octobotimus

octobotimus Bad company ruins good morals

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    Ordered him. Also kept the alternate head from the TW one (still sold the figure) to fit onto this guy since I think the sculpt is better.

• Like Like x 2