$30 Million Worth Of Funko Pops Are About To Be Dumped In A Landfill

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Rodimus Prime, Mar 3, 2023.

1. Gaastra

Gaastra Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    One of the dvd collectors on youtube had a friend at half price books and told him to go dumster diving in the back for dvds! Turns out they like to toss away some dvds not sold and they just got dumped earlier! He found a bunch of anime, hanna barbera sets, dreamworks movies, disney and more in the trash bin most brand new!

He did say after don't try this yourself without knowing people running it or you could get in trouble but full anime dvds in the trash! And yes, he saved all of them.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Psychoshi

Psychoshi Grammaton Cleric

Dumpster divers, I assume get off on the idea of getting stuff for free. Reminds me of people who are obsessed with coupon collecting.

3. number13

number13 Well-Known Member

I used to collect them - still have a small handful that I keep out, but have a box of the damn things in storage that I can't quite bring myself to get rid of in the hope that one or two of them might actually be worth something.

I always tended to go for unique-looking ones; the xenomorph, the Predator, etc. as I felt the standard "human" ones were all far too identical.

But one day I just sort of went "ARGH!!!!" and realised I was sick of the sight of them. I think that also went hand-in-hand with the way they became an utter monster and swamped out everything else in the toy stores to the point of insanity. Even now, the local Forbidden Planet has a whole aisle of the things from ceiling to floor, and I'd hazard that 80% of them will never sell. Stuff like "Multicolour variation of a random side character from an MCU movie" etc. will just gather dust forever, and take away shelf space from better stuff... like Transformers! ;)