3 TFSS 2.0 Figures to come with exclusive Microns

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Computron34, Sep 9, 2013.

1. mrduce1018

mrduce1018 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    See I was under the assumption that they were not going to reveal the 7th figure. Or at the very least be the very last reveal. Rewind and Chromedome make sense being in the normal 6 figure set. I would expect them to reveal the bonus right before opening the sub. They want as many sales as possible so revealing the bonus (that will never be sold in the club store) right as the sub opens up would make the most sense.

2. N_M_S

N_M_S Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Agreed. If they are smart they will announce the 7th figure and make sure it's "gotta-have-it-awesome" since it will ONLY be available with a subscription. Assures advance sales and money in the bank instead of relying on after-release future sales.

3. Edgewise

Edgewise Fanner

News Credits:
    No, Chromedome & Rewind are 2 of the main 6. The 7th "bonus" figure will be a "mystery" until it arrives in the mail.

That's not their philosophy, whether that's smart or not is debatable. The Joe sub had a 13th mystery/bonus figure which was not revealed until it arrived in the mail.

4. mrduce1018

News Credits:
    And see this is where I think the subs should be different. There is a lot more uncertainty with tfs, more money on the line and thus more incentive for them to make a 'must have' figure and then reveal it at the last second to maximize upfront sales.

Waiting for it to ship and be discovered at the end of the sub 2.0 will be about a year from now and off a lot of people's radar. The smart money is to reveal right before the sub opens when the desire to have them is fresh in people's minds.

5. shiftypenguin

shiftypenguin Fancy-Pantsless Dancer

News Credits:
    Speaking of reveals, what happened to their week of reveals? We got the micron thing Monday but it's been quiet since.

6. Bogatan

Bogatan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Unless the seventh figure isnt the brilliance that would achieve that. Better to have people scared of missing out on something they potentially want than to reveal a figure no better than the the other 6.

7. Edgewise

Edgewise Fanner

News Credits:
    And that's your opinion, and it's debatable... I'm not sure where I really stand, but I can see both sides. So hypothetical: Evidently Scourge was the most 'must have' of the first subscription. Which would have been best:

1.) Have Scourge as he was, a main sub figure, announced and with some available outside of the sub(so they can get more money by selling more of just Scourge)

2.) Have Scourge be a sub-only bonus figure, announced, but with none available outside of the sub to try to drive more sub sales.

3.) Have Scourge be a sub-only bonus figure, but unannounced and non available outside of the sub, to try to drive more sales of all future subs so as not to miss out on such a bonus figure in the future.

4.) I'm sure they try to do a great job every figure. What is "must have" to some is not "must have" to everyone. So does singling out 1 slot to be "better" really have some huge advantage in any context?

8. N_M_S

N_M_S Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Which is probably the reasoning, cuz while I am definitely getting a sub this year it ain't to get an Eject figure in slot 7 that I'll probably be putting up for sale. Rewind should have been the subscription-only figure to ensure sign-ups and avoid the singles later on.

9. N_M_S

N_M_S Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Point 3 is probably the most brilliant IMO, but that's long-game thinking and no one really seems to do that anymore.

10. Dragonclaw

Dragonclaw Comic Ink - Dublin, CA

News Credits:
    Yeah, I'm of the mindset that I need ot see it to get me to pull the trigger. Currently we're sitting on several that I like (but don't LOVE) and a couple that are a pass...one figure left to be revealed definately, and then the 7th....

Currently my plan is to cherry pick Treadshot & Barricade, wouldn't mind Rewind, but unless we see some 3rd party chest piece he just doesn't fit for me as well as I'd like...

If I end up liking the next figure that puts me "on the fence"

So for ME that 7th figure is the tipping point....so worse case scenario I still don't subscribe, but if it (and the 6th figure) end up being ones I like I'll pull the trigger. If they don't show it...well...then BEST case scenario is me being "on the fence"

If I was going to score it I'd say I'm at 2.5 / 7 ....so 35%

if I like figure 6 it brings me to 3.5 / 7 .....50%

so that 7th figure is absolutlely the tie breaker...

11. Weirdwolf

Weirdwolf TFYLP Podcast Founder TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    I honestly wasn't interested in the sub service guys until this news. I applaud this, as it adds to their overall appeal to me.

12. Thundershot

Thundershot Ratchet Fanatic

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    My take on the reveals so far:

Treadshot w/Catgut - 4.5 (perfect mold. Perfect colors. A new head would have been nice, but Catgut wins it. Bonus for being an AM)

Fisitron - 2.5 (character is great. head is ok. Mold is so-so. Combines with the other Wreckers is a cool plus. Colors are very disappointing.)

Barricade w/Frenzy - 3.0 (vehicle mode colors great. Robot mode isn't but I see where they got them. Mold is ok. Head totally inappropriate. Frenzy cool idea but we have someone else named Frenzy in Arms Micron)

Rewind - 4.5 (ok mold. Great new head. Nice colors. Great character.)

Chromedome w/Stylor - pending

13. mrduce1018

News Credits:
    I am hoping the Fligsides or Rosanna for the freebie, but other than mold, those two options have nothing to do with any other character being offered. Which also means RedWing is out.

14. Lumpy

Lumpy Taylor Swift Action Master Super Mod

News Credits:
    Man, I hope they don't wait until a year from now to reveal the 7th figure when he shows up in my mailbox.

oh... bummer... you'd figure they'd want to use it to build hype...

I see the idea of having people scared of missing out, but that always seems like a bad idea "lets make people worried they're missing out, and hope they appreciate the end result" just screams of cash grab, whereas showing the 7th and saying "THIS is the guy you NEED in your collection, only available for sub service members (and BBTS...)" is a better plan, to me.

exactly. If it's Eject, I'll most likely sell him off, cuz I don't really care about Eject. Sure, he was a tape, he's one of Blasters dudes, but, yeah... don't really care about him... didn't care about Rewind until MTMTE either, so unless something amazing happens with Eject in the comics, i doubt I'd want to keep him.

there's pros and cons to all... The 7th figure should really be something that the fans WANT, but then if it's not part of the main 6, people might get upset, though if you buy all 6, you're getting the 7th anyway... there's probably not a way to get a win/win out of this for fans and FunPub...

Guess we'll see what option they go with. Either way, I'm thinking I'm in for a whole set as of right now, the extra Microns are a fantastic addition.

15. N_M_S

N_M_S Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    But this Frenzy isn't in the Arms Micron line, it's Timelines or Transtech or whatever. It's FunPub, not Takara. So there's not really a conflict in my eyes. For Barricade, I agree with you on head. Should call him SG Prowl, I'm going to. Not sure what I'll call "Frenzy" if I keep him... but what they should do is go full-on with the police and "Frenzy" business: give us matching translucent red and translucent blue Arms Microns and call them Frenzy and Rumble. If you're gonna co-op a name go big and co-op both.
    "… all the best names are taken." --Ratchet, TF:MTMTE #4.

16. Lumpy

Lumpy Taylor Swift Action Master Super Mod

News Credits:
    from the Club Twitter

so, that could basically be anytime between an hour from now, or 4-5 hours from now...

17. Bogatan

Bogatan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    With FP it's always hard to tell. But sadly cash grab seems to fit most often. Here a pay in advance for a seventh figure you dont know about appears to be a good thing, because its being treated as a bonus, (despite the fact it is obviously paid for by us.) so its okay to pay for it without knowing.

And I suppose its ony the approach they take with the Botcon boxset and attendee inclusive figure. Except thats a convention and hopefully most arent going only for the toys.

But we cant pay for Botcon add ons when we register because they dont want us paying for something they haven't announced. At least thats one of the reasons used in the past. Unless its the Botcon custom class figure, then its okay to pay without knowing apparently. It has nothing at all to do with getting as many people as possible through the club store before the rest of the dealer room opens. Honest.

If the seventh was that good, as clearly in demand as say Scourge appeared last year, they'd announce it. If it remains a mystery, barring Edgewise suggestion of building demand for following sets) then its probably only on par with the rest of the set, which isnt bad, but so far doest have a star.

18. Ikkstakk

Ikkstakk Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I agree, I think they need to reveal the 7th figure the day the sub goes up for sale. If it truly is a must-have character, it will maximize sales. They need it to sway the people who are on the fence. If it isn't a must-have character, nothing will change. The people who are committed to buying will still buy and the people who aren't still won't. They have nothing to gain and everything to lose by keeping it a mystery.

19. G.B. Blackrock

G.B. Blackrock Autobot Ally

News Credits:
    (Apologies for off-topic nature of this response)

My understanding is they don't want to allow paying for BotCon add-ons at pre-registration because it would negatively affect sales at the club store. By forcing you to wait in line for the club store, they hope to get you to make impulse purchases (in addition to the convention souvenirs) once you finally get there.

20. Autobot City Comics 2008

Autobot City Comics 2008 Drama Geek

News Credits:
    Of when there web site goes back up