3 TFSS 2.0 Figures to come with exclusive Microns

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Computron34, Sep 9, 2013.

1. Scaleface

Scaleface Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Funny, I spoke with the guys at MasterShooter Collectibles about making a Muzzle Targetmaster for Nightbeat, and the thing stopping them is that they currently have no yellow parts from their last order of pieces to make their Mastershooters. So let them know if you want a Muzzle Targetmaster. They'd need lots of interest in to to justify a new run of parts.

2. skylynx01

skylynx01 Banned

Last year it was like $250 or so plus the fact you have to have a member ship for the membership. Another $42. And with them adding a figure this year im sure it will be over $300. The retail value of it is $80 if they sold them in stores. That is insane. And that is if you do not consider the fact that at cost these figures probably cost $15 to make total. If that.

Hasbro should be ashamed of themselves. But they aren't and unfortunately people just keep shelling out the cash rather than boycotting this ridiciousness.

3. skylynx01

skylynx01 Banned

I probably just gave them the concept for next years service "freebie".

4. grimlock1972

grimlock1972 Optimus, serving up the primest of ribs since 1984

News Credits:
    The mircrons help me like this se of sub figures a bit more.

5. Jalaguy

Jalaguy has no known physical weaknesses

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Tumblr:
    You realise that the cost per figure for Fun Pub is way higher than for a mass retail figure, don't you? Ordering vast quantities keeps costs lower for Hasbro's main lines, but Fun Pub is producing, what, a few thousand each of the figures, so they get charged more by the factory. It's the same reason third party toys are also very pricey - limited production run -> higher cost.

EDIT: Here's a good explanation I found, courtesy of videriant:

6. Lbsammills51

Lbsammills51 Known Member?

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    With the Headmasters and Power/Godmasters, yeah it's admittedly literal. With what they're doing with Stylor, you can grab pretty much anything since they can't really replicate the Headmaster gimmick (outside of Armada Sideways, anyways) so the weapon mode is probably the only concern. With some Action Masters and the Targetmasters and Breastmasters, it'll be easier.

7. butheadimus prime

butheadimus prime Picard?

Ebay:
    I totally agree. This years exclusives are definitely not as good as last years. I cant believe how excited some of you are over 25 cent machine transformers. Bet you they charge at lrast 325 lol. Im not getting this years set i only like 2 of the characters so far

8. N_M_S

N_M_S Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I read this and all I hear in my head is:
    "I'm the candy master."
    "No, you're the ass master. There's a difference."

9. SG Roadbuster

SG Roadbuster SG Wrecker

News Credits:
    these arent the gashapon microns being used, these are the pack in microns from the fullsized figures.

10. SG hailstorm

SG hailstorm JaAm aficionado

News Credits:
    Oh, my god, ues!

11. Dinobot Nuva

Dinobot Nuva Johnny 3 Tears Veteran

News Credits:
    Really glad to see Frenzy retaining blue eyes like his movie self that this is homaging, would've been so easy for them to go the lazy way of just making them red like G1, but this was a nice touch.

12. Oracle_Aesir

Oracle_Aesir Outback is back

News Credits:
    So are these the extra "seventh" figure then?

13. skylynx01

skylynx01 Banned

Yeah, that would apply IF they were not reusing the same old molds. And yes, production limits dictate cost. But in this case we are talking about cents per unit. Maybe. All the while you are paying them $40+ for a deluxe figure.

And you do know these are manufactured in China. I work for a major plastics injection molder and I can tell you first hand you are getting raped. Severely. The at cost price for one deluxe is probably in the range of $2-3 tops. And that is if they buy an new mold. In these cases they are reusing things they have already profitted off of two or three times over. Of course, people who think like you in this situation are why they are successful at bending you over every time they release their "exclusives".

Make no mistake, some of these are cool and if they were in store at retail I would buy them. I really like the Prime Barricade myself. But I am not foolish with my money. And no offense, but paying what we pay now for a deluxe is kinda foolish, let alone this travesty. For that much I will custom my own if I want one.

Speaking of Barricade, Prime already had a Frenzy figure released in the Japanese market. How can they reconcile this Am Frenzy when him and his mold brother Rumble were given deluxe chassis when they came to earth in the Prime series?

14. Atomatron

Atomatron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    love the energy and niche they are filling.

15. Scaleface

Scaleface Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    No. These are just sidekicks for three of the initial 6 figures.

16. skylynx01

skylynx01 Banned

But, they are one of the six figures. So he is right. It is just not the mystery figure.

17. N_M_S

N_M_S Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Wow. I had to get a paper towel to wipe all the condescension off of that post.

18. Lumpy

Lumpy Taylor Swift Action Master Super Mod

News Credits:
    smaller size? the only thing smaller is the 1 scout figure, but they're adding in an extra figure, plus 3 microns. and if you're meaning the molds specifically being smaller, i still disagree. none of them are really that much smaller than 1.0

agreed. i'm so stoked on this idea.

Mammoth was a voyager class, sold for about $20 when he came out I believe.

plus, there's also the amount of paint FunPub uses on their toys, because they go with WAY more paint apps then a general Hasbro release, and paint has a cost as well.

dude, you don't get it. Hasbro has made money off the molds, sure, but FunPub still has to pay to use them and foot the bill for those costs, which include plastic, paints, shipping, etc.

and even if your numbers are right, and each deluxe is only 2-3 bucks to make (which i highly doubt) you have no right to tell others they shouldn't spend their money on what they want to.

19. N_M_S

N_M_S Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    No they're not. Can you not be wrong some more, please?

20. Lumpy

Lumpy Taylor Swift Action Master Super Mod

News Credits:
    no, you're wrong. again.

See? 3 figures come with 3 BONUS, EXTRA little dudes... these are not a figure in set, they are not one of the main 6 figures, they are not the extra 7th figure...