Minor/Repaint: 3 projects in one plus a thank you.

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by Dadicus Prime, Jul 31, 2021.

1. Dadicus Prime

Dadicus Prime Well Known Dad

First off, I'd like to say thank you to you all. This was a nice place to converse and be creative during a difficult time. You guys helped a lot. Long story short my wife and I decided to sell our house and most of our things. We loaded up the 4 kids and the cat and have set out to central America. Unfortunately Omega Supreme didn't fit in my luggage and has to be shipped with all of my tools.

Anyway I did finish three projects before we left. The first was for my son. I had bought him a BTS Nemisis motion base and promised him we'd paint it. Nothing fancy. Spray paints, painters tape, enamel paint and markers, toothpicks and some dry brushing. Also the screen is some silver HVAC tape with a mist of blue spray paint. We lost a little paint on the arm since he's been playing with it.

image5.jpeg image4.jpeg image2.jpeg image3.jpeg

Now keep in mind he's a child of his own mind. He chose to paint Roller silver. He's been renamed "Rover" The one I have for my OP is blue.

Next up Sparkless. Some of you might remember my "Before they were insecticons" thread. Those ended up in the sandbox for several months. It kept other bots out of the sandbox and since they were made out of leftovers I thought it best. Most of the paint held up but obviously there was wearing. I'll be honest the natural wear was pretty cool looking. The kids and I just painted over the wear with the usual browns and reds. The cool thing was there was iron in the sand and it stuck to where I put the magnets in them. (For those that don't know the mechanisms were broken. I put magnets in to allow them to stay transformed.) The iron made a nice textured rust effect when I painted over it. The kids painted the bulk of them and I touched up and removed the excess. A fine tuning if you will. image0.jpeg
    image6.jpeg image1 (1).jpeg

Third project is the hexagons. They're made out composite wood I had scrap pieces of. I used my table saw to get the width and a chop saw to get the angles. Black spray paint and then a misting of silver. All are slightly different because I was rushed with the move and I didn't make a jig. Also used scrap that was a little different in height. Makes them stand out a little more. The kids enjoy using them to set up battle scenes. They rearrange and/or stack them.

Hope you've all been well and thank you again. I don't know how many customs I'll get to do in the future but I will totally be checking to see what all of you are posting.

• Like Like x 13
  2. POSSESSED_DIGIT

POSSESSED_DIGIT WE ARE NUBBY THUMB!!

News Credits:
    Fun projects! The Rusty jumpstarters look really cool. Mine have ‘natural rusting’ lol

now to clarify: are you moving to ‘Central America’ the countries between North and South America? Or ‘central’ America- the region of states between the coasts of the USA?

3. Dadicus Prime

Central America. Like I had to bring a passport and lots of other paperwork. Sorry for poor proofreading.

4. POSSESSED_DIGIT

POSSESSED_DIGIT WE ARE NUBBY THUMB!!

News Credits:
    Cool! Maybe you can find some of those Central American jumpstarters to add to the crew!

• Like Like x 1
  5. Dadicus Prime

The thought has crossed my mind. Lol. Never can have too many minions in your battle scenes.

• Like Like x 1