3 movies you would make

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by jorod74, Feb 2, 2008.

1. Omnius

Omnius Guest

News Credits:
    The concept art for Giedi Prime was spectacular, nothing like I could have imagined but very fitting. :) 

I have a love-hate relationship with both adaptations of what is my favourite book and a huge inspiration on my own writings... I'll start with Lynch's: Aside from the huge departures from the novel, some of the scenes make me cringe - the ornithopters resemble giant flying sofas in some scenes. I was disappointed when I finally got to see it. :(  As for sci-fi channel version, it stays truer to the book but as you say the low budget becomes painfully apparent, especially in the desert scenes.

However, something has come to my attention... a new movie. :)  Make a note in your diary for 2010.

2. Erector

Erector I ruined the Hall of Fame

News Credits:
    Looks like I'm free then, for now at least... *scribbles*

3. jorod74

jorod74 Psycholagnist (Ret.)

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Ghostbusters III?
    did you ever hear that the original script for GB was supposed to be in the future, where the 'busters were more like SWAT teams, ECTO-1 was a flying Hearse and IIRC, it was haunted/sentient...it reacted to things around it.

that would rock.

can i ask you Dune fans a question? in the books, do they really talk to themselves to death like in the Lynch version?
    i hated that, really...."he knows!" "here it comes!" "Don't forget 2 loaves of bread, eggs and pick up Jessica from the Reverend Mother at 2!"
    sorry, but that is my only peeve for the movie.
    i still have the 4 hour version in my closest- taped it off a local station that ran it back in '88 so you know it is DVD quality.

4. RabidYak

RabidYak Go Ninja Go Ninja Go

I hated the TV version with a vengence. Most of the cast were terrible, the dialogue that wasn't lifted strait from the book was worse and it was blatantly obvious that the desert bits had almost no budget.

People shit on the Lynch version, rightly so in many cases, but at least it had great spectacle to it and mostly ditched stuff due to time constraints rather then to replace them with a woeful Irulan subplot. Kyle MacLachlan's wooden Paul is allot less cringeworthy then the TV dude as well IMO, who came across as just being an arrogant tosser from day one.

If I had the money i'd bankroll an animated series version rather then a live action one. I'd get Production IG on animation, the set and costume designs from the movie, a cast of quality actors to do the voices and script that is as close as practically possible to being a copy of the book without all the bits in between the dialogue. I'd also have short sequences at the end of each episode that explain aspects of the universe, like the appendix chapters at the back of book.

It'd never make its money back, but I woulden't care if I was a billionaire and it'd be worth the money just to get a complete and accurate screen version of such an awesome book.

5. Gnaw

Gnaw Banned

Lots of violent nudity, eh?

Sounds like my kind of film.

6. ILoveDinobot

ILoveDinobot You can, you up. No can, no BB.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    :p  violence and nuditiy, not violent nudity... and not even that much violence. Violence as in sports kind of violence.

7. Ops_was_a_truck

Ops_was_a_truck JOOOLIE ANDREWWWWWS!!!!!!

Ebay:
    I would turn "Atlas Shrugged" into a trilogy of films.

8. Bryan

Bryan ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

And that would be awesome.

Probably a complete commercial failure (thanks, American public!)...but awesome.

9. Backpack

Backpack G1 forever.

1. FLCL (live action)
    2. Bubblegum Crisis (live action based off the original OVA)
    3. Pokemon (live action)

Or.....

1. Cowboy Bebop (live action)
    2. Evagelion (live action)
    3. Blue Sub No.6 (live action)

Or....

1. Mighty Orbots (animated)
    2. Star Wars (animated, retelling of EP 4)
    3. Thundercats (animated)

Or...

1. Macross (live action)
    2. The Professional 2 (staring Natalie Portman as the hitman)
    3. Kaleido Star (live action)

Or...

1. That 70's Movie (new cast)
    2. Family Guy (animated or live action)
    3. One Piece (live action)

Or....
    1. The Office
    2. Transformers (animated based off G1)
    3. Gatchaman (live action)

Or....
    1. Marvel Universe (live action... many many marvel heros and villians)
    2. Justice League (live action)
    3. The Maxx

More than likely though I'd come up with my own properties to make into movies.

10. Ops_was_a_truck

Ops_was_a_truck JOOOLIE ANDREWWWWWS!!!!!!

Ebay:
    Yeah, I assume something like that would become a film critic's wet dream, but I can't see it being culturally accessible unless it was...I dunno, directed by Michael Bay. :lol 

11. Cruellock

Cruellock Disney Villain

An updated version of Nosferatu with a very monstrous looking Graf Orlok. I'm sick of today's version of the Vampire. And it wouldn't be based off Dracula like the original was.

Can't think of any other movies I'd like to make besides that one.

12. Bryan

Bryan ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

I would make this trilogy of films a friend and I made up in high school.

It's completely ridiculous to anyone else, but it's just one of those fun nostalgia things.

Basically one friend of ours is destined to become a leader of these androids, so they infiltrate the high school with androids to seduce him to their side. Then there's this apocalypse...thing, I don't know, and it's left to a handful of us to fight him and his android army in the future.

That's the first movie. In the second movie, two of the original cast go out west to kill off all the mutants that were made in the apocalypse and fled to establish a mutant kingdom. There's no senstive understanding or anything, just the senseless murder of things that are different.

In the third movie, I'm going to get the guy who directed "Conan The Destroyer." And it's gonna be weird and not make much sense, and even the 20 people who liked the first two won't enjoy it.

It'd be ridiculous, but I would love it.

13. netkid

netkid Where's my Goddamn shoe!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Yeah...they tried that, it went a little something like this.

If I could make 3 movies, I'd make a Star Wars film all on Boba Fett, a Metal Gear film, and a Half-Life film.

14. Kimmer

Kimmer Well-Known Member

1.a real tf's movie that didn't suck ass
    2.green lantern(hal jordan)
    3.metroid

15. llamatron

llamatron OFFICIAL MMC REP TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Honestly I would probably try and stick to video game films that don't suck.

It would go down a little like this:

God of War
    Planescape: Torment

and then probably a sequel to one of those bad boys.

Honey, you don't need a billion dollars to make that movie. If you want help I'll be more than willing to pen you a script and even co-star.

16. wolfnfox

wolfnfox Well-Known Member

A Highlander Movie that didn't suck (Maybe have the Main Immortal a Knights Templar to make it even more intersting).

Tad Williams "Otherland" though this would have to be a long one since his books have a lot of depth (The first Otherland book was over 700 pages hardcover).

A Justice Society of America movie, give the golden age the time in the spotlight they deserve.

17. smkspy

smkspy Remember true fans

all-CGI Transformers movie
    Another Hunter S. Thompson book adapted into a movie
    Hal Jordan Green Lantern

18. Optimus

Optimus Well-Known Member

I would make a movie where the villain is a genetically engineered, super intelligent chicken with human features. And he has an overly long fight with the main character that drags on for a good while.

Simply as an homage to Family Guy.

19. Scantron

Scantron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Adapted from a book - World War Z, the story of a zombie apocalpyse told through interviews with the survivors.

Adapted from a comic book/graphic novel - Green Lantern: Sinestro Corps War. An epic three-parter, with each segment two hours long, animated in the Timmverse style. As faithful to the comics as possible, with some minor changes to be a little more friendly to newcomers.

Ideas From Out of Nowhere - Sex, Explosions and Car Chases. A four-hour long epic consisting of nothing but explosions, graphic sex scenes and car chases...sometimes with one or more of those things happening at once (eg - sex scene in a speeding car that explodes). Framed within a philosophical plot that explores the darkest corners of the human psyche, this movie would also feature an endearing romantic subplot, wall-to-wall comedy, biting political commentary, "bullet time" wirefighting, allusions to classical literature, CGI robots and a stirring conclusion that is uplifting, yet forces the viewer to examine their place in this life. Featuring Oscar-calibre performances by Sir Ian McKellan, Judy Dench, Sir Anthony Hopkins, Keanu Reeves, Kate Beckinsale (as "Woman Who Is Allergic to Clothing") and Tom Cruise (as "Guy Who Dies in Every Scene"). Directed by Michael Bay.

20. smkspy

smkspy Remember true fans

I'm gonna add Anne Rice's Witching Hour trilogy to my list...they're just three book that are begging for film adaptation.