3 Henkei Exclusive revealed!

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by ultraq, May 20, 2008.

1. Easterling Capt

Easterling Capt I am Vern Schillinger

Ebay:
    this TC will cost if limited enough as I suspect cost as much as a botcon TC anyway.

2. ams

ams Generation All Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Something tells me we're going to be overlooked in this thread :lol , but this is a concern for me as well. I preordered this Prime and BB with the expectation that they were going to be "uber-Premium" and all chromed-out, based on that pic we saw a while back. Guess we'll have to wait and see to be sure.

If they're just the US Premium versions with a sticker on the box/card, that's disappointing.

3. Foster

Foster Haslab Victory Saber Backer #3 Veteran

News Credits:
    And I got my Botcon set for free as well. :D 

4. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Not for those...living in Asia! ;)  For me - I have kinda lost interest in Classics.

5. Counterpunch?

Counterpunch? Interior Renovator

Ebay:
    There's like, what, 5 or 10 people doing that? I don't know...I watch Fox News...

6. Smokescreen

Smokescreen The Ultimate Gambler

News Credits:
    Thundercracker looks great! I like the darker blue much better than the light blue of the Botcon version. I hope BBTS gets him. If so, I'll preorder him in an astrosecond. :) 

7. SydneyY

SydneyY @syd_tfw Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Yes, they start taking preorder on the 22nd :)  Where did you see the Septembet bit?

8. RobotoChan

RobotoChan Nothing to see here

News Credits:
    My partner is Japanese and she translated the shop page for me. Although she did say that she may have misread it :) 

9. cappeca

cappeca wtf is this?

Could anyone please translate the text in full? :) 

10. LigerPrime

LigerPrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Sorry, I don't get the joke?! Anyway, I have no worries about the toy's availability.

11. Caterwaul

Caterwaul Busou Shinki Loremaster

With a couple exceptions, I never saw the fascination with translucent figs, so crystal prime's a bit of a pass.

Thundercracker and Skywarp, however, are looking sweet. I'd consider getting them if I hadnt already blown my budget with finishing up my Busou Shinki collection.

12. Red leader

Red leader Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    BOTCON = PWN'd :( 

I'm sad but happy, sad for blowing the dosh on the botcon version and happy for those who couldnt get him but can now!

13. salmonman78

salmonman78 That's MR. Magnus to you all...

Forgive me for lazyness, but time crunched right now so if someone could send me/repost here the link to preorder the clear prime, would love ya!

14. TheMonarch

TheMonarch Still arching Venture

News Credits:
    I have the Botcon set, I don't mind this at all. It's like the Japanese DVD Exclusive Exellion and the slightly different Hasbro release. It's not a spot on copy of the Botcon release. More people can get Thundercracker, and we all win.

Hell, I've been getting all the Henkei releases, I'm a Classics junkie. I'll probably do my damnedest to get these. I am, however, thinking that to get these in the states, we're going to pay almost $100 a pop.....let alone the eBay price surge.

15. GrimlockAutobot

GrimlockAutobot Volcanicus Torso

News Credits:
    Somewhere Wearing The Dinobots As Gloves & Boots
    Did it occur to anyone that maybe the reason why Fun Publications and Hasbro were alright with Takara releasing Thundercracker is because Takara TC is going to be as limited/more limited than the Botcon version?

Anyway, how the hell do we preorder on a site that we can't understand Japanese on? Can anyone answer me this?

16. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Currently no longer giving a shit about the MCU. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    First, before anything, let me say that I'm a Botcon set owner and I'm totally happy for everyone that will now be given another shot at him. Still, I wouldn't be expecting him to go for too much less than the Botcon one does. Unless you have a friend in Japan that can pick one up or you've already got a trip planed or something.

Yeah, I'm expecting the price of this to be just as high (if not higher) than the Botcon one due to it's exclusiveness. Japanese exclusives tend to be rather expensive and difficult to obtain for peopl whom don't live there. The Lawsons Movie Bumblebee is a good example, but Dark Fang Wolf, Red Armada Thrust and others have been just as expensive. I think too many people are counting their chickens before their hatched here.

Eh? Well, first off, there's more to the Botcon set than just Thundercracker. Not to mention, I'm not so sure that this would ever happen again... TC being the core character he is getting a toy that's a Japanese Exclusive kind of makes sense. I'd be surprised to see anyone else from any of the Botcon sets (save for possibly Thrust and Dirge) get a toy.

Also, just incase you missed the rest of my post, stop being a troll for two seconds and use that lump of grey matter in your head and just think for a minute. Do you honestly expect a Japanese Exclusive to not be nearly as expensive as the Botcon Thundercracker? Seriously, if you do I'd suggest pulling your head out of your backside sir.

This is the most rational post about this situation as it stands right now. There's a lot of information that we still need to know. This very well could be just as expensive as the Botcon set.

17. General Magnus

General Magnus Da Custodes of the Emprah

Cool. I need a T-Cracker to complete my seeker squadron. Hopefully BBTS will stock them.

18. Lupis Convoy

Lupis Convoy Paw Prince Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Now I jsut need to figure out how to get the money for the pre-order of that Crystal Prime... He's pure sweet lovin.

19. RobotoChan

RobotoChan Nothing to see here

News Credits:
    Not really replying to you, just agreeing with you :) 

Yes, they will probably skyrocket in price the moment they hit the intertubes.

However, for what it is worth, I stayed clear of the Botcon versions simply because I hate the silly plastic baggies they come in. I find that they look out of place with my misb collection. The chance to get a version of classics seekers in an actual box is too good for me to miss. And yes I understand that I could have gotten the ...deception box set, but I only really wanted the seekers and couldn't justify the cost of the box for them.

20. SydneyY

SydneyY @syd_tfw Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    There doesn't seem to be any mention of release date yet :) 

Not much to translate, Henkei Convoy clear version is Tokyo Toy show (21, 22/6) exclusive. Small quantity of the figure will be sold at ehobby after the event by draw. (People who want to buy the toy enters the draw to win the right to purchase it.)

Thundercracker is Ganbo Hyakkaten online shop exclusive. They will start taking preorders on 22/5 noon.

Skywarp is TakaraTomy Hobby market online shop exclusive. They, too will start taking preorders on the same day.

:)