3 Henkei Exclusive revealed!

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by ultraq, May 20, 2008.

1. SydneyY

SydneyY @syd_tfw Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Just have to see how TakTom Toy Hobby Market and Ganbo Hyakkaten limit their preorders. Looking forward to their update on the 22nd.

I'm sad there's no ghost Screamer. But TC and SW are great.

2. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    Ah, there's always one, isn't there.
    In a thread where people who DO own the Botcon Thundercracker have already said that they don't mind this coming out anyway, do you know what your post makes you?
    A troll.
    I know what I'll be doing after I press "submit". Have fun being reported by rather a lot of other people too. Good work, genius.
    And how exactly do you think nearly everyone is going to get this? If you think anyone has a snowflake's chance in hell of getting the Takara version at anywhere near retail price, your not only a troll but a deluded one too.

Last edited: May 20, 2008
  3. STL

STL Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    *SNIP* - NO - Staff

That aside, I'm totally digging Crystal Prime the most. That's one sweet looking figure. From all appearances even his gun is clear. That is going to be one of my most favourite toys. It might come at a premium but boy will I love it.

I'm really really glad people will have chance at TC too but I have to say Skywarp really looks cool and the chrome is an added bonus! :D 

On my dream list now would be a Dirge with correct wings.

Last edited by a moderator: May 20, 2008
  4. GrimlockAutobot

GrimlockAutobot Volcanicus Torso

News Credits:
    Somewhere Wearing The Dinobots As Gloves & Boots
    First, let me say that I DO NOT own the botcon set and I want to buy the Takara Thundercracker.

Why is there so many posts on here assuming that we're all going to own the Takara TC?

What if it's extremely limited? What if the markup is as high as the botcon TC?

What if there isn't enough to go around like the botcon version? What if it sells out in 2 seconds flat? What if no US stores get the chance to put it up for preorder?

My point is there's still ALOT of questions to be answered. Don't assume you'll even get one of these.......and don't rub it in the botcon owner's faces because you might not get the Takara version.

5. Black Convoy

Black Convoy Proudly Peruvian Transfan Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    I would like to know which ones would be more expensive, the Jap Exclusives or the Botcon ones.

Anyway, I would like to get Cristal Convoy...

6. Malach Ra

Malach Ra TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
  7. STL

STL Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I definitely agree here. I've exercised a bit of caution (just did on another board I'm a member of downunder) that w/ the previous exclusives we've seen, $100 USD is not uncommon. Lawson BB was quite expensive too. I'll settle for anything cheaper naturally as I would like to own all 3 - Optimus especially.

8. Sprocket

Sprocket Problematic.

News Credits:
    I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but most of you will STILL 'never own these'.

Store exclusives have a rediculously low production run. If you think you're going to get this Thundercracker for anything less than...oh, sixty? seventy? dollars, I'd say you're deluding yourself.

And there is honestly no way all of you here will get one. Previous store exclusives with less demand than Thundercracker will, and they were harder to get than the Botcon exclusives.

I'm happy for those of you that can get one, but please, let's not be 'told you so' trolls, huh?

9. cutback4197

cutback4197 all roads lead to shame

Ebay:
    Anyone worried about the secondary market value of their Botcon Thundercracker is probably collecting for the wrong reasons, but I have a ray of sunshine for them anyway. Think about how much an e-hobby astrotrain goes for. It would not shock me in the least bit to see the ehobby cracker go for $200 in the next few years. Especially since people will speculate on it like it is a barrel of oil.

10. e3nine

e3nine I have a large MISB collection.

News Credits:
    This isn't the first time an "exclusive" has been re-released.

2001's e-Hobby Ironhide - "ehobby shop exclusive Collectors Edition, sold as set with Ratchet, limited to 1000 pieces". 2007 saw Ironhide and Ratchet right back in circulation.

It's just a part of the game.

11. r'Ne

r'Ne Well-Known Member

Yes! I will buy Skywarp and Thundercracker :D  They look great!

12. Trailbreaker77

Trailbreaker77 Camaro Club! Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I would like to get another Skywarp and Thundercracker but my gut tells me that these are not going to be cheap.

13. OptimusPrimeFour

OptimusPrimeFour Autobot Supreme Comander

hey guys! am i the only one that realized that the japanese premium prime looks like the crappy american version (paint) and not like the kick ass shiny crome and detail that the recent pic of him had??? i hope its just a pic fuck up because im going to be pissed if its the same as the hasbro version.

14. shibamura_prime

shibamura_prime Food Truck or BMW Moderator

News Credits:
    To hell with the Seekers, I want that clear Prime!

15. Draven

Draven Banned

News Credits:
    I hear that!

16. eyeballkid

eyeballkid Old

News Credits:
    So these are exclusives...:banghead: 

You people with the botcon sets can go straight to hell. I mean that in a good way.

17. Megatronwp38

Megatronwp38 Nobody defeats the DEVASTATOR!

sweet, must have TC.

18. B-Fox

B-Fox Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Now that I've had some time to really take these in, I'm not too crazy about Thundercracker. Don't know, but there isn't much difference between him and the BotCon one (I know there is, but it doesn't strike me as obvious.), but I LOVE that Skywarp and am in the market for a replacement. Hopefully I can snag that one.

And not feeding trolls here, but I don't see this as sticking it to FP and laughing at the folks who payed for the Games of Deception set. If anything, this is simply another chance for folks to pay an arm and a leg to complete the Seekers.

Of course, you'll have to hope the fans IN JAPAN, where these exclusive originate, don't cause a sell-out of these like what happened in '07 with BotCon. :) 

19. Blackimus Prime

Blackimus Prime Brothahbot

NICE! To think I was sorry for missing the Botcon '07 Set. Cant wait to get TC & SW!

20. DeathStorm

DeathStorm Snoochie Boochies

News Credits:
    You are all speculating on something we don't even know about yet. Just take a deep breath, calm down, and relax. Once more details come out and we know the prices and who will stock the toys then you can have your 'freak out'.

The way I see it, this TC has a slightly different paint job so how does this make it any different than any other American or Henkei Classic?

There's no need to be so beligerant here, there are thousands of collectors that have toys I'd like to have - I'm not pissed at them for it.