3 Henkei Exclusive revealed!

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by ultraq, May 20, 2008.

1. Beastbot X

Beastbot X Botbots Encyclopedia

News Credits:
    QFT. I was never a fan of the line enough to be a completist by any means, but guess which two Go-Go-Gobots I HAD to have.

Diet Pepsi Prime?

2. GabrielPrime

GabrielPrime One of the Thirteen

News Credits:
    oh man, JAFR (Just Another F#@%ng Repaint)
    Already have Skywarp from the Classics Ultra Magnus vs Skywarp
    Now what? spend more money on a "let's add some silver and purple strips" version?!

3. Jeremy.B

Jeremy.B Leader Blackout LIVES!!!

News Credits:
    Fail!!! Because.....

Yes. This. This is ownage. To elaborate, camo jets are not useless; they are used in desert and jungle situations for - get this! - camo and hiding while on the ground or low flying. You should try Google search sometimes. It works, it really does! So does any number of online resources that keep you from making assinine statements and smarmy, smartass comments to other members in this discussion from hell. It also helps with the realistic "red" RED BULL repainted air-show plane. However, I am sure when the commies and nazis attack, we will put these red planes into service again. Neato kid!

:lol 

Further, fanboys complaining about Thundercracker, i.e. plastic toy (as has been discussed before), = EPIC FAIL.

Draven, et al. as voice of reason = WIN!!

Honestly, you are making the hobby look bad, guys. Bad.

4. Ramrider

Ramrider TF Art Lad

Already got Classics Skywarp? Don't want to spend more money importing a Japanese version with different paintjob?
    Why not keep your money and stop whining? It's not for you, it's for the Japanese market, who don't already have it.

5. Sprocket

Sprocket Problematic.

News Credits:

As has been pointed out, anything sold through sellers in Hong Kong on ebay when it's an exclusive is not an extra figure left by the wayside: it ends up being taken directly out of the supply the store has for exclusives, meaning the store won't get the amount of figures it paid for. You want it on a Hong Kong ebay seller? Someone else suffers; the retailer, and the consumer.

It'll STILL be as rare, and it'll STILL be overpriced; the only difference would be that someone from Hong Kong would steal (yes, STEAL) one of them from the retailer's supply.

Also, Japanese releases getting stolen from the factories is quite the rarity, so I wouldn't expect it.

6. Foster

Foster Haslab Unicron Backer #10 Veteran

News Credits:
    Thanks for the comparison photos. I prefer the Henkei versions after seeing those!

I'm not going to bother, because I don't want to break up my Botcon set and have no need for two Thundercrackers.

7. Devastator X

Devastator X Well-Known Member

Hooray, I preordered mine. Happy day, oh happy day. I've been wanting Thundercracker for too long. I also ordered Skywarp so it looks like I'm going to have to get Starscream so I have a matching set.

8. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Not all that is seen is truth. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Google+:
    Nice. That really shows off the differences between the two. Believe it or not though I actually like Hasbro's version of Skywarp better... the purple is a little too light for my tastes on Takara's version and I like the little touches that Hasbro did for Skywarp to make him similar to his older self yet at the same time a slightly different deco. I don't need it to be an exact replica of his G1 toy, cartoon or comic model so I'm very happy with my Target version.

Now, with Thundercracker I actually like the Takara version better... the darker blue just looks nicer and I like the fact that his blasters are painted up with some black to help break up his color scheme in robot mode more. Not sure if I'd go out of my way to replace my Botcon TC though... but if BBTS gets some in for preorder I may bite if it's around the $80 to $100 range (which is what I'm expecting the online retailers to put these guys up for if they get any before eBay prices go nuts with these guys) and resell my Botcon TC (which I'm confident I could still sell for around $150 if I so desired, but I really have no desire to sell him and could honestly care less about his perceived value), but only if I can get one through BBTS or another online shop (and sense I have no interest in Skywarp I won't attempt to go through Hydra either).

Last edited: May 21, 2008
  9. GabrielPrime

GabrielPrime One of the Thirteen

News Credits:
    totally correct regarding the Israelis camo issue, the jets' camouflage is actually two color schemes,
    the upper part is various brown shades for hiding while on the ground or low flying situations, the bottom part is light blue so the jet won't be spotted from the ground by enemy anti-aircraft units.

10. Trailbreaker77

Trailbreaker77 Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Looks like I will have 12 jets when Takara is done. Maybe 13 if Sunstorm makes the list.

11. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

What's kind of bad is that answers to how to end Thunder-gate over in the GI Joe hobby, but instead of some answers we can just fight out Thunder-gate forever.

First is to never use the word "dead" but to use "on hiatus". The 12" GI Joe line has been dead and back more times than Freddy and Jason combined. When it's not doing well or Hasbro just doesn't have the resources to work on 12" then the line goes on "on hiatus". Even the 8" Sigma Six line is on "on hiatus" even though the chances of that line being back is about as good as peace and good will between all Transformers fans.

So it's sort of funny to be using the term dead when Energon and Cybertron molds are still showing up with different colors and under a different banner. Until Hasbro smashes a mold and throws it into the deepest part of the ocean a mold is never really dead.

Instead of the Thundercracker war just do like with the Crimson HISS tank. It was a great toy that went beyond the Joe clubs expectations on the demand. Now Joe Con could have sat back and said our exclusive too bad if you didn't have the money to get one that year, but instead they helped convince Hasbro to do a retail release of the Crimson HISS so more fans could enjoy it because there was just no way the club could ever produce enough of them and at a good price for all the demand. Joe Club looks like heroes because they were willing to be less exclusive so all the fans could have a shot at the toy, people who went to the con were not upset because hey cool I can get another Crimson HISS to go with my con tank, Hasbro was a hero for doing something nice for the fans not lucky enough to go to Joe Con that year, and the fans who couldn't make or afford Joe Con got to be winners as well for an all around win.

Just seems like there are answers out there on how to make everyone look like the good guys and ways to work where everyone wins, but instead of putting some heads together for a win/win for everyone this whole silly battle gets dragged on forever so that everyone can get made to look bad in some way and everyone ends up losing some how. Lots of smart people at FP, Hasbro and in fandom, so why can't we come up with the win/win already?

12. cappeca

cappeca wtf is this?

The problem is that the almighty righty popular people here said "DEAD", so we pretty much have no say on the matter. "Dead at the time" is the most idiotic thing I've ever read in my life.

That's the key, folks. Win/win/win situation. Not Don't care/will scalp/got screwed.

13. Sprocket

Sprocket Problematic.

News Credits:
    That Thundercracker photo is terrible. It looks more green than blue.

Here's a better one, courtesy of the Transformers Wiki.

[​IMG]

14. betetta

betetta guitar face

those comparison pics sold them completely to me, i'll try and get both since i don't have the original skywarp.

and thank god for the huge resurrecting potential of dead toy lines. i guess fanboy whining actually serves a purpose once in a while (annoying as it is to read and hear, at least it must have contributed to the return of classics this year)

15. cappeca

cappeca wtf is this?

If only we could whine enough for Attacktix. :( 
    *waits for someone to release Attacktix Starscream in Thundercracker's color as a convention exclusive, charging $100 for it out of pure good will just so I can have the chance to "complete the set", since this line is, well, dead.
    :duel 

16. Ramrider

Ramrider TF Art Lad

For the record, I definitely prefer the Takara Skywarp of the two; the lighter purple is actually a lot closer to the G1 shade, and more importantly it's not pink. :p  The new G1ish stripes are a bonus; I do actually quite like the Classics deco aside from the 'purple' used.
    TC I like both versions, although again I think the Takara one's got the edge for the nice shade of blue, not identical to the original toy, but closer. Plus I like the shiny. :D 

Not that I'm getting any of them, mind you...
    Definitely recommend grabbing a Starscream and a paintbush there... and at least it'll be easier than trying to repaint a proper Transformer...

17. Trailbreaker77

Trailbreaker77 Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    [​IMG]Yes, the Botcon TC is darker here is a picture of my shelf to compair with the other jets.

18. Optimist_Prime

Optimist_Prime The Original Optimist!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    BotCon Thundercracker FTW :D 

One flaw there is that attacktix sucked.

19. guarddog8471

guarddog8471 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    For the love of God, will someone please translate the Japanese so I can preorder mine? Or at least tell me where I can download a program for Windows to decode it?

Oh, and I love the way Skywarp's colors look. Much better than Hasbro's deco. Also, I agree about the whole TC debate. It's nice that the people who missed out on having TC from Botcon are getting a chance to get it now. I missed out once, I will not again. Like I said in an earlier post, I chose not to get the toys. My choice alone. I cannot complain about FP or Hasbro's tactics. We all make choices that we have to live with.

20. Mirage232

Mirage232 Well-Known Member

Ok guys, since I can't take the time to look through over 40 pages, can someone please tell me if there is any place we can pre-order these guys? I thought I read that these were going to be released in Japan at some point today?