2Pac's Last Words

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Razerwire, May 23, 2014.

1. Dark Skull

Dark Skull Well-Known Enabler Moderator

News Credits:
    Ya know. ...I once thought like that too until I read more about why folks like him felt the way they did. I noticed your location as IN. I guess I wouldn't be surprised if you don't understand as much seeing as how if you've never lived in the type of environment people like 2pac and biggie grew up in. I'm not saying what he did or how he handled himself was 100% right, but when your environment is more or less toxic, and that's all you've ever known...and people who are supposed to help you....don't and turn around to screw you instead.....you start getting angry. And when that same thing keeps happening, not just to you, but to everyone around you and/ or appears to get worse....your anger grows with it. Then....you see the exact same non-caring attitude that leads to a perception that you're being abandoned, that you're on their own. That you have to fend for yourselves. That you "gotta do what you gotta do." Unfortunately stigma and everything negative about it increases....along with your anger. Amongst other things....now...you have deep seeded anger that no one seemingly cares to want to understand. *shrugs* There's a lot going on....and to try to simplify it with generalization is really not going to help matters if people want these kinds of folks to change their ways.

Last edited: May 24, 2014
  2. El Zilcho

El Zilcho Well-Known Member

Even more evidence that when Tupac died, absolutely nothing of value was lost.

3. Dark Skull

News Credits:
    What a wonderful statement to make. I hope one day someone shares verbally and publicly the same opinion of you or someone you personally know :) 

4. KlownyKritter

KlownyKritter Rogue Maniac

Loved his music. His choices weren't the best but with his music he changed the world. I'm glad to say I learned something from him, the good and bad things. His music really was a gift to me.

5. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    Give this man the clay.

6. El Zilcho

El Zilcho Well-Known Member

If I, or anyone I know, ever becomes a gang banging thug, I/they would deserve it. Just like Tupac. Good riddance.

7. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    So how many hours did you work at the local soup kitchen last week?

8. Dark Skull

News Credits:
    So life...anyone's life, can only hold merit or value if it meets the standards according to your approval rating system. If that's the case, then I can do the same thing too and devalue yours for making such an ignorant and generalized remark. :)  Thanks!

9. Incepticon

Incepticon |-+-|

News Credits:
    Yup, right to the end.

Sorta cute, though, how more than 6 people claim this gang land loser who happened to rap a bit was "talented". Reminds me of that heroin junkie who sang A song and got called "an artist" aka Amy Winehouse.

10. Dark Skull

News Credits:
    Wow :lol  I gotta love attacks like these. I would almost want to respond to disagree with the "loser" comment as it comes off as nothing but haterade, but hey.....people will have their opinions and I'll have mine. And as such, I can only agree about Amy Whinehouse.

11. Razerwire

Razerwire 99 Problems... Veteran

News Credits:
    2Pac not talented? Far from it.

But hey, I can say most entertainers I'm not into are talentless too. Mozart, Shakespeare? Talentless hacks.

12. Shortwave

Shortwave Autobot fembot

Meh.

13. Incepticon

Incepticon |-+-|

News Credits:
    I disagree, but fair enough.

Personally, I just can't and don't put known criminals, junkies and/or general pieces of shit human beings on pedestals simply because someone out there gave them some money to record their banality for public consumption or let them be in a movie. Unlike most, I have never subscribed to the "but why does it matter?" train of thought of separating their celebrity or "work" from who/what they actually are as people. I'm just not into blind complacency is all, and I fully realize I'm one of very few who operate that way.

14. Razerwire

Razerwire 99 Problems... Veteran

News Credits:
    So by your standards, no matter what a person does that may improve a social element in society, they are not to be addressed as human beings because they don't follow your code of living life?

You must be very disappointed that this world isn't made up of saints.

15. General Magnus

General Magnus Da Custodes of the Emprah

I like the guy who plays Jayne in Firefly, but I´m also aware he is a right wing nutjob. It does not stop me from appreciating his work in fiction.

The world is not black and white.

16. Dark Skull

News Credits:
    I think you and I have similar yet different thoughts on the matter. I don't subscribe to the "why does it matter" mentality, but it was rather interesting to me to read more about certain "artists" as opposed to subscribing to what media outlets had to show or say in labeling a person. And that's what I find that a lot of people allow for when they talk about certain celebrities or entertainers. The overall lack in desire to even try to be understanding. It's funny that most have a preconceived notion about someone and at times would not consider what those who knew someone personally would have to say. What's even more funnier to me, that those same folks deep down inside would not want others to misunderstand them.

17. Haloid1177

Haloid1177 Hey, That's Pretty Good

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    I'm sorry, but the words he spoke before he died showed he didn't really try to improve any social elements at all. I like the guy's music fine, but I'm not a big fan of him as a person.

18. Incepticon

Incepticon |-+-|

News Credits:
    Yeah, when it comes to these endless waves of criminal wannabe gangsta's touting their guns, jail time and pathetic "thug life" who get gunned down and murdered exactly as expected, that's right. I don't care how much money or basketball court time they give to kids in their 'hoods to allegedly improve a social element - they still represent the worst things in life. No different than ANY criminal that claims to be "giving back" and whatever else.

Nope. Basic common sense lets (most of) us realize that there's actually a huuuuuuuuge grey zone between saints and the absolute epitome of the worst elements of human beings scraping the bottom of the social barrel.

No one said it was. And that's your right to, exactly as I mentioned prior, be complacent with a "but what's it matter..." attitude. But as I also already said, it DOES matter to me. I find out one of my favorite actors is a full tilt racist? Guess what, their work becomes meaningless to me and I don't support them. I find out one of my favorite musicians is a child molester? Guess what, their work becomes meaningless to me and I don't support them. I find out one my favorite artists beats animals? Guess what, their work becomes meaningless to me and I don't support them. I find out that Celebrity A or B is a gun toting gang land piece of shit? Guess what, I write them off as anything I'd ever acknowledge. It's actually not a hard line to draw in the sand at all... for the non Kool-Aid drinkers of the world, that is.

19. General Magnus

General Magnus Da Custodes of the Emprah

Hey guess what ? I assume you collect Transformers, right? Then you are being complacent with workers being treated like shit, being abused by the factories where they work and probably other abuses people would normally do not tolerate. So, where´s that supposed "line in the sand" when it comes to this?

20. Incepticon

Incepticon |-+-|

News Credits:
    Not even close. I articulated exactly how and where I can & do make separations. If you're still not able to properly comprehend that, then there's really no point in me bothering to try making it even clearer... because it can't be any clearer.

Completely different conversation and context, man. Soap boxing about outsourced work, third world countries, etc. isn't even remotely the same conversation as "write-off wannabe "gansta" who rapped a bit running around with guns and promoting gang life before eventually being murdered by the same guns & gang life he endorsed so much". Not until/unless Takara & Hasbro execs start getting albums & movies while trying to look all super cereal in promotional pictures hugging guns and rolling in gaudy gold jewels and beds of money. It's ridiculous.

But as I just learned with your latest retort, that's probably too many words for you to read properly - so no worries (again) about seeing the actual distinctions.