25th Anniversary G.I. Joe

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by keebs, Sep 5, 2007.

1. keebs

keebs 32 Oh-Zee Killah

I've already got the first wave of these guys and I'm waiting for the next ones. I had to get mine online due to scarcity around here, so, which online store is the best to purchase these from? I preordered the next two waves from BBTS but I'll probably get another set of each and if I can't get them instore I'll be doing more online shopping. I thought Hasbro was supposed to have them on their site but they only had the 5-packs and then they sold out.

Also, the ones that aren't going to be packed with future waves like Flint, do you think those will be skyrocketing in price? I mean, the carded figures aren't that easy to find around here as it is so imagine collectors who jump into the line during wave 2/3 and are looking to get ones that were only shipped 1 per case and are no longer shipping.

I'm glad they are selling as well I just wish stores would order more so I could get the satisfaction of seeing them on the pegs, and then in my hands.

2. Deathx360

Deathx360 Farewell Dear Friend

News Credits:
    I'm going with BBTS since they are so hard to find in stores. Hopefully Hasbro will increase production and stores will stock more. Until then my best bet is probably online. Although I have seen everyone in stores that was only at a K-Mart. I got both versions of Snake Eyes there, I wasn't sure which one I would get from my BBTS order and I wanted the gray one but got the black because it looked cool. I went back a few days later and got the Cobra Officer I passed up, a figure I have not seen since.

As for Flint it is possible that we could see a comic pack version with gloves, I hope anyway. It is also possible that Flint could be released in a wave revision of wave 2 or 3. I doubt Flint will only have one version. Still it could be worth something later on.

3. Nightwind

Nightwind Aka Dusty Bottoms.

I've seen these (especially Snake Eyes and Storm Shadow) on pegs here at Wal-Mart and Target and I'm in SW Virginia! That should prove that these will be pretty available fairly soon I think...

I think BBTS is probably the best way to go for online ordering, though.

4. ckbuddha

ckbuddha Well-Known Member

They are moving pretty quickly in my locale, stores can't keep the pegs stocked once word got around they were out. If I had to go with online, I would go with BBTS or Entertainment Earth

5. Shin-Gouki

Shin-Gouki Retired Admln Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Handle):
    Pinterest:
    They are moving fast, but all the people at stores I have talked to say they will be ordering a lot more than they did initially.

6. Drake

Drake Smooth Is Smooth Baby

I hope the next waves are a little easier to get than the first wave. I've seen lots of the box sets but the carded guys are a little harder to find. I did find the Snake-Eyes variant which is cool because I usually never find stuff like that.

7. Optimus Scourge

Optimus Scourge Arcee's boy toy Veteran

News Credits:
    I was lucky enough to find them at retail. Pain in the ass kinda lucky hunting wise, but I do hope they produce better numbers in future waves.

I loves me that packaging :D 

8. Moonstreaker

Moonstreaker The Evil Triplet

Ebay:
    The only one I haven't found in the store is SE w/black Timber. I found all the others with out much effort.

9. Sy-Rein

Sy-Rein Rogue Stunticon

News Credits:
    Havent seen a single one (5pack or single pack) in stores... of course I dont think they are out in Canada yet. Hopefully by the time Zartan hits the shelves, they'll be available here.

10. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

Saw the 5pack boxsets a few times, but still never seen any single packs.

Alll the TRU employees say they go immediately. Which is cool , so Hasbro should get the idea to go farther with the line

11. Ktulu

Ktulu Whoosh TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I saw them all, singles and boxes, once at Wal-Mart, all gone on the next visit a few days later. Haven't seen them there since.

They showed up at Target as well, and those disappeared fast as well. Not sure if they've gotten any more in or not.

I'm waiting a bit longer to really try to hunt for them

12. Predaking

Predaking Well-Known Member

Just preordered the 5 pack on BBTS...may have to order the single pack SE and SS online as well cuz I've seen nada in my area.

13. Tenebrouser

Tenebrouser Craft...or is it crap?

Flint is turning out to be the hardest to find, IMO.

Single cards are hard too track down, as well as the Cobra 5-packs.

Joe 5-packs are easiest to find.

14. oddobot

oddobot carpe diem all diem long

Ebay:
    Yeah they are rather scarce here too, I picked up both 5 packs and all the single packs for for a pal, so far I only like SE and SS, waiting for Zartan though.

But now they are becoming much harder to find, especially Flint and the Cobra Officer.

15. Omnibus Prime

Omnibus Prime I'm too old for this shit TFW2005 Supporter

Prolly b/c they come 2:1 Joe to Cobra in a case of 3. I've pretty much seen each major retailer get in one batch of the singles and the..pffft, gone. The 5-packs come in more regularly. Still, I didn't have to try that hard to find 'em. Just wandered in on the right day(s) I guess.

16. Emperor Mengde

Emperor Mengde Instrumentalist

Yeah, Flint and the Cobra Officer are just a bitch to find. I've seen 3 or 4 Officers (picked up one), and I've seen Flint 2 or 3 times, but he's had bad paint every time so I let him be. 5 packs of both types are everywhere, although more Joe packs than Cobra ones around me.

17. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

I found a Flint single pack, but I think no one wanted it becasue if the gaps in his wrist. Not sure if it's a unique flaw, or if they're all like that
    [​IMG]

Oh yeah, of your going through 3.75 withdrawals, you can still get these from Family Dollar
    [​IMG]

18. atlianz

atlianz TFW2005 Supporter

The only time I saw the single pack figures was the time I bought them. The Walmart I went to only had one of each figure, so I guess I lucked out!
    It seems now that each store that Ive been to has neither the single packs or 5 packs!!

19. Moonstreaker

Moonstreaker The Evil Triplet

Ebay:
    Just checked my Flint. He has the gaps, just not quite as bad.

20. bigkid24

bigkid24 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Actually there are two different cases of the 5 pack. One version has 2 Joe : 1 Cobra and the other case is the reverse.

The only single carded figure I see with regularity is Snake Eyes. I even managed to find a black Timber version today.

Flint is one of the hardest to find because he's one per case.