25 Years of Transformers!

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Prowl Convoy, May 8, 2009.

1. SlyTF

SlyTF Banned

Im 13 and I play with TFs... just sayin

2. bariprime

bariprime Elite Guard Commander

News Credits:
    First TF:
    [​IMG]
    Adiction started with:
    [​IMG]

3. trystendaycey

trystendaycey Captain CAAAAAAVEMAAANNN!

I think the fanaticism began for me when I saw a Cliffjumper that another kid at daycare had. But my first was Wheeljack. Still have what's left of him...:)  And I was blessed enough to have Fort Max for Christmas back in '88. I'm 30 btw.

4. tusko

tusko Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Flickr:
    My first transformer was Cassette Man with Ravage.

The first official TF was Ramjet, followed by Red Alert. Still have them all.

5. BigRC83

BigRC83 I'm singing in the rain

News Credits:
    While a was small child in the mid 80s, I first memories were watching G1 on KCOP13 (now MyNetworkTv) in Los Angeles each weekday morning/afternoon and Sunday mornings before going to the supermarket with my grandparents. I also remember seeing my first Tf (that was not in a retail store.) It was my cousin's G1 Devastator. My first Tf (that was not a minibot) was a G2 Prime, followed by G2 Starscream, next was G2 Grimlock, and so on.

6. spikex

spikex Nightbird is my bitch

I am 30 yrs old. Have been a fan since '84. My first tf was Ironhide, and I remember opening him up out of the box and instantly falling in love with these things. I even remember the first time I played tfs with my friend. He got to be the trailer and I was the cab. This was even before we knew what the bad guys were called. Happy bday to tf's, I guess this makes the first line official antiques. Sweet.

7. AniProwl

AniProwl Banned

News Credits:
    My first TF was Optimal Optimus. Unfortunately, he lost his head a few years ago and he has never been the same with it.

My Favorite Tf is Animated Prowl. You can tell that by my sig and avatar.

I'm 20.5 and I was a TF fan for two year periods- 1996-2000 and 2005-present

8. Dover345

Dover345 Well-Known Member

You know, I really have a hard time remembering what my first Transformer was. I know I had Bumblebee, Soundwave, Red Alert & Mirage real early on, but I can't remember which one I got first. I just wish I had some of those old toys, but it is nice to have lines like Classic to relive some of those old memories.

9. Rumble02

Rumble02 Radicon of Obliticons

News Credits:
    oh glorious birthday. My first one was pretenders birdbrain, them pretenders bumblebee. thoses were the days

10. Wheeljack_Prime

Wheeljack_Prime Searching for the Infin-Honey Stones

News Credits:
    I was introduced to the cartoo in I think, 1993 or 1994, during G2. My favorite episodes during that time were "Starscream's Bridgade" and "Fire in the Sky". Then, I discovered Power Rangers and forgot about TF (you know how fickle we all are during that time in our lives). I watched RiD during it's first run too. I didn't watch the original airing of the Unicron trilogy because we didn't have Cartoon Network. It took the live-action flick to firmly place me in the fandom and I do not see myself leaving it in the near future.

11. IACON

IACON "That's Vector Sigma?" TFW2005 Supporter

My ever first tf was G1 Dirge. I still have it even though he lost his fists years ago. Poor guy. But that is ok cause I got the commemorative Hasbro version as well.

It is hard to decide which Tf is my favorite but I think that in the cartoon it was always Prime but my favorite toy was always G1 dinobot Snarl. It is a shame his character wasn't developed more in the TV series.

BTW - I'm 33..... I feel old.....

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 8, 2009
  12. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    Here's to another 25 years of Transformers!

The first transformer I ever owned was Powermaster Optimus Prime, and I think he'll always be a favorite because of that.

13. MechaBouncer

MechaBouncer Will devastate for food

I remember Christmas, 1984, when I got my first Transformer. I was only 2 years old. It was Soundwave. I still have him, but he's missing one of his batteries, his chest plate broke off (but I still have it), and Laserbeak's head broke off around 20 years ago and I sold him at a garage sale. Between Soundwave and my Knight Rider Big Wheel, it was the best Christmas ever!

The other original Transformer I remember the most was getting the Devastator set for my 4th birthday (at least I think it was). It still have all the main Constructicons and the parts to make Devastator, but have since lost all the weapons they had.

I actually didn't have a whole lot of Transformers when I was really little. I did have a few GoBots here and there, but I didn't have any other original Transformers until I was in my pre/early-teens. I got a bunch of them given to me by an older neighbor kid who didn't want them anymore and knew I always liked them. By then, I was already starting to get into the G2 toys, so it all went together well. I think that's when I really started collecting them. I still remember trying to make them out of folded cardboard to make figures I didn't have, but wanted. I was actually pretty good at that.

Ah, those were the days.

14. in.cog.nito

in.cog.nito Till all are none

First TF: G1 Bonecrusher (still gottem)
    Favorite: Blaster

G1 FO' LIFE

15. vektsilver

vektsilver Transorganic member

My First Tranformer I believe was thundercracker or bumblebee I believe it was Thundercracker because what is cooler than a blue jet that is also a robot. I am 33 so I am bit foggy of exactly when I got it. Wow I just realized Thundercracker is 25 years old.

16. frilly toothpick

frilly toothpick Decepticrumb

a schoolmate of mine brought an ironhide to kindergarten one day and my reaction was :jawdropper: . so i went home and begged my parents for one.

first: ironhide
    favorite: optimus prime

17. Primeconvoy1

Primeconvoy1 Cybertronian Broker

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Tumblr:
    Holy Crap! It's been 25 years???!!!

I still remember when Marvel first aired the commercial for the Transformers issue 1 comic. The animation had caught my eye, and I recognized it was similar to GI Joe. I think I still have an old GI Joe comic that had an advertisement for TF#1. It just said, "THE TRANSFORMERS ARE COMING!"

I didn't pay it much mind just yet. I had thought I was done with toys. I ws teenager at this point, until...

my younger brother brought home a Cliffjumper. I initially thought it was a penny racer, but he transformed it for me. I thought it was the coolest concept for a robot to turn into a car. Then the series came on. I watched "More Than Meets the Eye" and was floored. I thought this was an awesome show!

I ended up getting Windcharger and Huffer first. Sunstreaker was next. I don't think I stopped after that, even after the lean year with action masters. Roughly 2000 TF's later :eek: .... well, you get the picture. :D 

Happy 25TH Transformers!!!!!!!!! It's been a great ride so far! looking forward to another 25!!!! :rock  :music :bday 

Favorite TF: G1 Jetfire

18. Tell_Story

Tell_Story Well-Known Member

My first TF was Hoist in either '84 or '85. Thanks for the memories TF! Happy Birthday and many happy years to come!

Age - 31

Favorite TF - Optimus

19. Coaxial

Coaxial Hop on the beam

My first TF toy was G1 Cosmos. I still have a tremendous affinity for the character because of this. (and dammit - WHEN am I going to be able to find me a new Legends one!?)

My favorite character is and will always be Optimus Prime.

Runners up (since OP is an obvious and popular mainstay choice after all) would have to be Shockwave and Cyclonus for the 'cons - Blurr and Hot Rod for the 'bots.

Like many, I have fond memories of the G1 line from when I was a kid. These include playing with the toys and creating my own unique continuity (I remember making naked Ultra Magnus the ghost of Optimus during an involved story arc I chose to act out long ago - lol) and racing home after school to catch the cartoon in the afternoons.

To this day, one of my best memories EVER is getting to see the '86 movie that summer with my daycare class on a special field trip. I was blown away. The '86 movie has since remained one of my favorite movies of all time, even outside of my general love for Transformers overall. It's just bold, beautiful and full of magic.

Hard to believe the brand is now 25 years old, but time flies when you're having fun. :) 

Here's to 25 more going strong, with unknown excitement and adventure yet to unfold!

20. Starscream2008

Starscream2008 Megatron sucks!

My first Transformer was on Christmas of 1984 as well. I remember watching the cartoons when they first came on the air and pleading for them over and over and over again. I remember Christmas morning opening up a big box and there was Megatron in all his glory. He has since passed on(along with many other 'bots) to the vagaries of 5 year G.I.Joe/Transformers/He-man/Micro Machines battle that me and my brother waged, but it was awesome. I remember buying the VHS video of the first several episodes of the G1 cartoon way back when. I still have it, still plays(although the outer box is very worn and faded).

I am 34 years old(going on 12). I hope that Transformers never dies.