25 years of Transformers. Whats you exact favourite moment ever?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Recall, Sep 8, 2009.

1. Switchblade

Switchblade Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    For me it will always be the moment from the original movie when Hot Rod becomes Rodimus Prime. He's been my favorite TF character ever since, it's a real pity that Hasbro doesn't do much with him.

2. BradTheMad

BradTheMad Well-Known Member

In TFTM when Megatron killed Ironhide...ouch. Ironhide was the one Autobot I kind of liked so him getting blasted by my favorite was a clear sign for me; no traitors :lol 

The last really good moment I had was in the first movie with the transformation of Blackout.

3. Ops_was_a_truck

Ops_was_a_truck JOOOLIE ANDREWWWWWS!!!!!!

Ebay:
    Watching the credits roll on the '07 film for the first time.

4. Coeloptera

Coeloptera Big, bad beetle-bot

For me, one exchange sums it all up.

"I would have waited an eternity for this. It's over, Prime."

"NEVER!"

Both Welker and Cullen were note-perfect on those lines, the accompanying scene just seemed to encapsulate the entire struggle, the whole war.

- Coeloptera

5. Tacitron

Tacitron An exceptional nut snack TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    Agree.

6. ectoneon

ectoneon Well-Known Member

My favorite will always be from the beast wars final. When megatron firts find the nemisis. "That is the most powerful Decepticon warship in Transformer history. The ship that shot down the Ark itself! THE NEMESIS!"

7. Incepticon

Incepticon |-+-|

News Credits:
    It's a tie between...

- Stumbling upon these new toys called "Transformers" one afternoon in 1984 where a blue F-15 (my favorite jet) turned into a robot named Thundercracker. I was in total awe since it was basically a hybrid of everything I loved at that time: robots & jets.

- Coming home one day after school to discover that there was also an entire cartoon series about these amazing toys.

- The introduction of the Dinobots & Constructicons. I was pretty convinced that the Dinobots were the single coolest invention ever (dinosaurs + robots = win), and that the Constructicons ability to combine was the best gimmick ever conceived.

- Unwrapping a huge box at X-Mas that turned out to be a brand new minty fresh Omega Supreme. I seem to remember that one more than any of the others, probably due to the size & name.

- Transformers: The Movie... and the subsequent jaw dropping that took place when Unicron transformed for the first time. Not sure why, but I did see that coming at all.

All in all, I literally lived & breathed Transformers throughout the entirety of G1 to an almost obsessive degree. If I wasn't playing with them, I was watching the show on repeat as well as pausing the VHS & Beta recordings that I made so that I could learn to draw them. If I wasn't in a toy aisle practically every day just looking at them, I was at the corner store reading & buying the comics. Every toy that came before them were forgotten, no toy that was around at the same time was of any interest at all, and to this day I don't think a new toy has ever been invented to take their place in terms of an all encompassing cool factor.

8. malteselegacy

malteselegacy Galvatron

For me it was in the 2007 live action movie when Prime uttered the phrase...at the end of this day one shall stand ,one shall fall...obviously taken from the 1986 movie. When I was sitting in the theatre and I heard him say that line I felt like I had come full circle...like I had been back in 1986! Chills!

9. Coeloptera

Coeloptera Big, bad beetle-bot

Really? Not "I am directly below enemy scrotum." from RotF?

Nobody else huh? Just me then.

- Coeloptera

10. SilverDragon

SilverDragon YEAH TOAST!

News Credits:
    Mine is from Animated.

"Grim...lock...grim...lock."

That was the moment when, after basically 20 years, the Dinobots came back to TV.

11. ams

ams Generation All Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Issues 5-6 of the original comic, particularly the "are all dead" cover, Shockwave vs. Megatron, and the 2-page spread where Shockwave walks through the warehouse of defeated Autobots hanging from the ceiling.

Must have read that issue a thousand times as a kid.

12. TrukkinMunky

TrukkinMunky Autobot

Ebay:
    Here are my top two both from the 1986 movie.

Unicron: I have summoned you here for a purpose.
    Megatron: Nobody summons Megatron.
    Unicron: Then it pleases me to be the first.

Starscream: Who disrupts my coronation?
    Galvatron: "Coronation", Starscream? This is bad comedy.
    Starscream: Megatron? Is that you?
    Galvatron: Here's a hint!
    [Galvatron transforms and shoots Starscream. Starscream crackles and falls to dust]
    Galvatron: Will anyone else attempt to fill his shoes?
    Rumble: What did he say his name was?
    Galvatron: Galvatron!

Both of those scenes are so bad ass.

13. Sharktibolt

Sharktibolt Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Watching Beast Wars in the 1st grade. I thought the two Coming of The Fuzors episodes were the best thing ever. :lol 

14. tikgnat

tikgnat Baweepgranaweepninnybong.

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Hmm. There are a lot, movies, toys and comics, but I think the memory that stands out for me most was the UK collected comics that had the 'Robot Buster' story in it.

I don't remember where I got it, but vaguely my Mum might have bought it for me because I was in Hospital when I were a nipper. In any case, it was the most awesome story I had ever read at the time, and indeed, it still is.

15. AutobotSkids

AutobotSkids G1/Bay Lover

Revenge of the Fallen Forrest Battle. That was the greatest thing I've ever seen Transformer wise, watching Optimus Prime beat the crap out of his Decepticon opponents. I thought to my self, "Even after 25 years, Prime still owns."

16. BurnedAlive

BurnedAlive Horrorcon

coming home from school and finding 2007 movie leader brawl on my bed.

17. Obsidian X

Obsidian X Dork of the moon

Was Brawl nude or wearing sexy lingerie when he was waiting for you on the bed?

18. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

Ouch that is a tough questions because there are a lot of great moments from a lot of different series over the years.

I guess I'll have to go with the death of Dinobot in Beast Wars. Just one of those moments where you have say damn this is a really deep for a cartoon and I loved how Megatron played the role of the devil by tempting him to save himself.

19. Kaymac

Kaymac I'M REALLY FEELIN' IT!

Beast Wars is the series I most fondly remember. My favourite part of that series was "The Agenda". A very awesome part of the franchise's history.

20. TIE Bomber

TIE Bomber Banned

1. Walking around Toys R Us in Milford CT. looking at all the cool stuff, then I turned the corner & there they were! Starscream, Skywarp & Thundercracker. Their very 1st shipment of Transformers. I spent a half hour trying to decide between Skywarp & Starscream. Skywarp won!

2. Going to the toy dept in Bradlees on The Dock in Stratford CT. Nothing new, kinda disappointed, then I looked up on the top shelf & HOLY SHIT!!! Giant red & white Autobot jet! I wasn't leaving the store without Jetfire. The answer "no" wasn't an option that day.

3. Going to see the 86 movie 4 times.