25 years of Transformers. Whats you exact favourite moment ever?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Recall, Sep 8, 2009.

1. Recall

Recall Player Select

News Credits:
    25 years. Thats a lot of comics, TV episodes, Toys, Art, Conventions & Movies.

Can you pin point your single favourite moment from those 25 years, be it a scene from an episode you could endlessly watch over and over again or maybe an issue of a comic that simply blows your mind or the anticipated release/purchase of a specific toy?

What is that moment that will forever be cherished when it comes to Transformers?

For I (and to put this into perpsective, i'm 25 also) would be a specific scene from the 1986 movie. I used to watched the video a lot, starting I would say around 1989.

The scene where Daniel and Hot Rod are fishing then Daniel gets all excited to see his Dad, his fantastic hover board crashes and is caught and whisked away by Hot Rod (and his outstanding Transformation) while Dare blares in the background will always be my ultimate favourite moment. A 5 year old so wanted to be like Daniel. How could one not want to be after that scene. Who didn't want to have a robot as a friend? To this day I can watch that part and get chills of glee. "If you're gonna ride Danno, ride in style!" Nothing has come close to exciting my imagination since.

What about you?

2. chrisr291

chrisr291 Master of the Unknown

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Well, i'm 26 but my favorite TF moment didn't come from G1, Victory or Animated... it came from Beast Wars.

When Megatron Blew G1 Optimus Prime away. I missed the school bus that day because I was like "OH MAN!! NO WAY!!!"

Well worth the mile walk to my middle school.

3. JetRaid

JetRaid Jhet Rheyd

News Credits:
    Every time I hear Megatron say "You fool Starrrsccreeaam"

4. Omega_Soundwave

Omega_Soundwave Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    This is an impossible question, but I'll list a few.

Prowl beating THE SHIT out of Lockdown in 'Thrill of the Hunt' in Animated.
    Optimus ripping Grindor's face apart in ROTF.
    Middle Season 2 of G1. That was G1 at it's finest, IMO. I loved it by that point.

5. Backscatter

Backscatter Autobot Brainmaster TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Too many to count, but my favs are attending Transformers conventions with my love Freyabeads.

6. shibamura_prime

shibamura_prime Food Truck or BMW Moderator

News Credits:
    The Return of Optimus Prime. These are my favorite episodes and when Kid Rhino released it on VHS years later I almost wore the tape out. As a kid I'd substitute my Ultra Magnus cab as the Alloy-covered Prime and one of my first online purchases in the late 1990's was a spare white cab for display purposes.

A very close second was meeting Peter Cullen and finding out that I'm taller than he is. :lol 

7. IF_IR_IE_IE_ID

IF_IR_IE_IE_ID USAF Seeker

Ebay:
    HAHA yeah they used to show that in the morning. I would only be able to view the first 15 minutes.

For me it was Beast Wars season one. I love everything about it. after that, they were just reaching here and there. a few good things though. Optimal Optimus and Depth Charge. Rattrap was the best.

8. Bass X0

Bass X0 Captain Commando

News Credits:
    Getting the toys when I was a kid.

Christmas, birthdays and even just getting new toys while on vacation. Those were some very special moments to me. Nothing beats the feeling of going into a toy store, especially Toys R Us, and looking at all the new toys that they had.

9. Optimus Sledge

Optimus Sledge Yar har fiddle di dee

QUINTESSON: Stop! Please stop!!

GALVATRON: Never, Quintesson! This world is ours! Optimus Prime shall die again! What? What is this?

OPTIMUS PRIME: Now light our darkest hour.

I almost waited an eternity for that. Didn't get to see TRoOP until 2001. That was quite a wait.

10. starscream-99

starscream-99 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    G1. When Starscream built Bruticus and him beat up Megatron and call Starscream Leader of the Decepticons.

11. Hiro Prime

Hiro Prime Cybertronian Guru Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    At 39, I've been following TF's for 24 years and I would have to say that it would be very hard to nail down just one favorite moment. That's a lot of time to go thru. So, I'll do a favorite for a number of categories.

For a toon/movie moment, I'd pick the Animated movie when Megatron blew a big hole thru Ironhide's face. That to me, was the single most evil moment for G1 Megatron. (Slaying a foe at your mercy while insulting him was pretty hardcore for him compared to how he was portrayed in the regular show.)

For a comic moment, I'd have to say the Marvel story in which Prime surrendered to Scorponok. The story added a much needed element to the war between the two sides, Politics. I don't just mean the Decepticons fighting to decide who'll lead, but Optimus having to choose between continuing to fight his foes and losing the war, or doing the unthinkable (and unpopular among his own men) and taking those first steps towards a real truce in order to defeat a greater foe. (Unicron in this case) I also think that those issues were some of Wildman's best over all.

For a Toy moment, it was getting my hands on an Alternator Smokescreen for the first time. I had waited for years for a Transformer toy that was as complex and articulate as those wonderful Marvels of toy engineering. They were perfect. In scale, realistic looking G1 characters with better articulation than most Action Figures. The only way they could have been better was if Hasbro had taken the time to give them a story and Tech-Specs. (Ok, more of them released in a wider variety of vehicles would have been cool too, But I'm happy with what I have.)

(I suppose publishing my first Recognition Guide would count as a favorite moment as well.)

Overall, I'm happy to have a hobby that I've been able to enjoy for 24 years that has continued to grow and entertain me for that long and promises to continue to do so for many more years. Between all the friends I've made during that time, the places I've gone, (Botcons and such) and the collection I've worked to build, I can't imagine how I could have better spent all that time than I already have.

12. AniProwl

AniProwl Banned

News Credits:
    My all-time favorite moment is watching the end of my first two-parter that introdouced Beast Wars and Transformers: Coming of the Fuzors when Boss Monkey kicks all kinds of Predacon skidplate with Silverbolt helping out a little. I love that moment that I watch it numerous times.

13. Scantron

Scantron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    A couple of mine:

- Battle of Autobot City, TFTM86
    - Death of Optimus Prime, TFTM86
    - Unicron transforms, TFTM86
    - Marvel US G1 issue #70
    - Code of the Hero, BW
    - Mission City Battle, TFTM07
    - Forest Battle, RotF

14. spikex

spikex Nightbird is my bitch

I can't remember what g1 episode it was, but there was the one where optimus clenches his fist and a bunch of lightning exploded around his fist and I thought: "wow this dude is the man."
    also I lived in a apartment complex with a whack of my other friends. We would all get together (about 15 of us) in the courtyard and bring all our tfs out. We would have about 5 metroplexes a few scorponok, and s**t loads of other tfs also. Man the battles we used to wage

15. StarSaber79

StarSaber79 Banned

News Credits:
    Revenge of the Fallen its the best thing Transformers....to me!

16. RoccaDNB

RoccaDNB Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I have to say I didn't start watching transformers till RiD(which was fantastic) and Beast Wars, which was being re-run at the time.

But since then there have been many awesome moments:

BW:
    -Megatron blasting Optimus Prime
    -Everything to do with Depth Charge
    -Optimal Optimus
    -Nemesis Part 1 and 2

But the best moment for me, by far, is in "Master Blaster" The part where megatron rises out of the lava in his new DRAGON form and beats the shit out of tarantulas gets me goose-bumpy everytime I see it.

RID:
    - Megatron's CLAW Mode
    - Receiving Optimus Prime
    - Buying Ultra Magnus
    - Making OMEGA PRIME
    - Swan Song for awesome combiners, rubber tires, and chrome paint apps.

17. AniProwl

AniProwl Banned

News Credits:
    Majority of them come from G1, Beast Wars, Beast Machines, Cybertron, and Animated.

18. ORIO

ORIO Team Sentinel Prime Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Prowl standing in the snow in "Human Error". Love that scene.

19. Obsidian X

Obsidian X Dork of the moon

Hard to pinpoint one thing but what first came to mind for me:
    I still remember the first time I saw Wardawn and got the chills severly when Orion Pax was rebuilt into Optimus and came out of the shadows.
    Damn... It's happening again, I get the chills just thinking about it.

20. Optimus Prime

Optimus Prime TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    At 21, I missed most of G1 and grew up with G2 and reruns of the G1 show, as well as Beast Wars/Beast Machines. It's hard to pick just one single favorite moment, but it would have to be my 5th birthday. Most of my Transformers before then had been some G1 stuff from tag sales and flea markets, but on my 5th birthday I got G2 Optimus Prime, G2 Inferno, G2 Jazz, G2 Beachcomber, and G2 Bumblebee, as well as a G2 Optimus Prime kite. Though they're not in the greatest condition (especially Jazz) I still have all of them, and they were some of my all-time favorite Transformers toys that I owned. Optimus Prime was my favorite character, Jazz was my second-favorite Autobot, Beachcomber replaced my G1 Beachcomber (my first ever TF) that I lost, Inferno was one I'd seen in commercials and really wanted, and Bumblebee was another favorite of mine.

Runners-up:
    Optimus Prime's revival in "The Return of Optimus Prime"
    Being one of the first, if not the first, TF collectors to own TF:A Lockdown
    Optimus Prime getting powered-up, then taking on Megatron and The Fallen in "Revenge of the Fallen"
    Rampage's first appearance in "Beast Wars"
    Finally getting a G1 Soundwave after missing out on one 15 years earlier

Last edited: Sep 8, 2009