1. Of note - we are in the process of upgrading the site to use HTTPS / SSL. In that time, you may be logged in/out depending on what area of the site you are looking at. If you want to be logged into the forums, please log in via https://www.tfw2005.com/boards/login/. If you do that, you will not be logged in while looking at the front page. We hope to have this fixed within the next 24 hours or so.
    Dismiss Notice

20th Op at Big lots

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by JunkionExchange, Jan 25, 2006.

1. JunkionExchange

JunkionExchange Banned

Ok I have read a few threads where people say that 20th op is at Biglots for $15 is this true and is there any proof or pics of receipts?

2. e3nine

e3nine Poop.

News Credits:
    I heard of this back in October. ($24.99 price point) Although I haven't seen one myself, I'm pretty sure members here got lucky.

3. Star Sabre James

Star Sabre James The JUICE TFW2005 Supporter

I have heard these reports, but have never seen one at mine. In fact I have never seen many Transformers at mine, just those crappy knockoffs.

4. Zero Prime

Zero Prime Windows user no more

Bah, I wish they were here. All we get is Universe/Energon.

5. Dark_Convoy

Dark_Convoy Old Bastard Veteran

If I could find them at that price I would buy 3. :cry 

6. Wreckgar

Wreckgar Anthony Stark Moderator

News Credits:
    Havent been to Big Lots in ages. Might have to go soon for shits and giggles.

7. Insane Galvatron

Insane Galvatron is not insane. Really!

News Credits:
    I've seen the report from only one person. I can't remember the poster, but I do remember which board it was on ( not this one ). I checked every Big Lots around, couldn't find jack. I asked for a pic or scan of the receipt and he let the thread die.

My call: Hoax.

8. My03Tundra

My03Tundra LOVES TO EDIT POSTS!!

Ebay:
    I second that. I've seen a few Universe characters but nothing more then that. I've been looking at the McFruggals/Big Lots! near my house and have found no Primes. I've found the cheap-o KO Leo Convoy.

9. Tman978

Tman978 CHILL REVIEWER

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    Instagram:
    YouTube:
    Never been to Big Lots

10. Ogami Daigoro

Ogami Daigoro Blue Lantern Bearer

Just went to a Big Lots today. No 20th Optimus there. Just lots of KOs and BOGOF GI Joe packs.

11. Megatronwp38

Megatronwp38 Nobody defeats the DEVASTATOR!

Last time I was at big lots all they had were a ton of beast wars and RID KO's....and they were like giant sized lol.

12. e3nine

e3nine Poop.

News Credits:
    Big Lots does take Wal-Mart overstock and final clearance items. Seeing a 20th OP isn't impossible. I fully believe the person reporting it, but I'll just consider him a 1 in 1,000,000 winner.

13. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

I agree man. Been hitting Big Lots forever. Never seen Prime and doubt they ever even had him. A toy of that caliber it would've been well known if they did.

14. Ktulu

Ktulu Whoosh TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    The old Big Lots here was a frigging haven for toys long gone off of shelves elsewhere. Far into Beast Wars you could still find G2 cyberjets there and such. I wish I had bought them all up but I was too young to really afford them still. :( 

I haven't gone to the new one here yet, but I'm doubting I'd really find any treasures there, but who knows.

As for Prime at Big Lots, wtfihavenothingtoaddiagreeitsprobablywrongbutwhoknowslolok

15. JunkionExchange

JunkionExchange Banned

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/thread88908.html
    Read that on the Collectable Kingdoms post
    Ams was there 20th Ops at Big lots where you're from?

16. Voiceroy

Voiceroy Trans-fo-mahs!

News Credits:
    Like others have said, I don't believe this either. My wife and I are regulars at 3 different Big Lots locations and I've never seen 20th Optimus at any of them.

What I have seen: various Armada, Energon, Built-To-Rule TFs, and lots of KOs.

It'd be more likely if they showed up at KB Toys Outlet stores or "Tuesday Morning". TM is where I found the Commemorative TFs for between $4.99 and 7.99. I also read reports that Dark Unicron had been found at a couple stores for $14.99.

My wife bought MP Prime on clearance at WMT for $30 -- one of the best birthday presents I've ever gotten. Later they were marked down again to $20. I considered buying a few extra to sell on ebay, but money was tight at the time.

17. G.B. Blackrock

G.B. Blackrock Autobot Ally

News Credits:
    Ahhhh. I remember those days.... Picked up lots of the G1-character-named GoBots (read, pre-RiD Spychangers), too. They haven't had good TFs like that in forever. Back in G1, I remember even seeing a Divebomb at Big Lots. NOTHING so cool these days....

...And there are at least 3 (more if I make an effort) Big Lots near me nowadays, so it's not like I haven't loooked....

18. JunkionExchange

JunkionExchange Banned

Thats another thing Tuesday Morning when ever I go to the 2 down here first off they are a mess and second of all nothings there

19. Voiceroy

Voiceroy Trans-fo-mahs!

News Credits:
    I agree. There are three in my area, and I haven't found any new TFs there since early November.

20. G.B. Blackrock

G.B. Blackrock Autobot Ally

News Credits:
    Back when the Energon, Universe, and Reissue TFs started showing up at TM a few months back, I went to no fewer than a dozen different TMs looking for good deals. Without exception, they were atrociously organized, toys just thrown everywhere on the shelf. Finding what TM actually *had* was quite a challenge.

I find this is the single greatest problem this chain has. If people can't find the item you have to sell, it won't sell....