2025 Studio Series Listings

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Jtprime17, Feb 20, 2024.

1. Currywurst

Currywurst Heaven And Hell 2001 nostalgic ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Yes he is.
    What Super Ginrai does isn't entirely the same, but the trailer is mostly unrecognisable as such in that robot mode. So I guess there is precedence for what Fenryr suggested.

2. Sataninjaku

Sataninjaku Mass Nerderer

Ebay:
    Yeah, I agree with that. When I first jumped in, I thought that was the UM I wanted, but ultimately settled on Kingdom instead. It's maybe not as accurate, but the size is better, plus being a "toy > show/lore" guy, the inner bot scratches a nice nostalgia itch.

• Like Like x 2
  3. WatermelonSpectacles1

WatermelonSpectacles1 Average Beast Wars Megatron Enjoyer

News Credits:
    Star Convoy even more so

• Like Like x 1
  4. TransformNRoll

TransformNRoll Well-Known Member

Size has nothing to do with it, look at Rodimus and technically Motormaster, it's about the complexity he would need to be both a good pair of pants with articulation and a good bot/shuttle.

I second this honestly, but idk about posablity in pants mode. Who knows

I mean they have GS so there's that

Ultimately this is a dead horse situation. We don't know if/when they will do Jetfire and until they do, all we can do is speculate and have our own opinions

5. WatermelonSpectacles1

WatermelonSpectacles1 Average Beast Wars Megatron Enjoyer

News Credits:
    Difference is, those two had big trailers that wouldn't fit at leader.

6. Currywurst

Currywurst Heaven And Hell 2001 nostalgic ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

He is too large because we wanted him to be able to carry large deluxes like Hot Rod and Prowl.
    This might not have been a problem if his alt mode was scaled to minibot deluxes.
    But then it might not have made a difference, because minibot deluxes are obviously bigger than the Prime Wars legends I am imagining.

• Like Like x 2
  7. MinkiesJinkies

MinkiesJinkies Well-Known Member

In the cartoon Optimus' trailer detaches when he transforms, Magnus' folds into his body. Rodimus is shown doing both in the cartoon, but in the movie the trailer is part of him. That's the difference.

• Like Like x 1
  8. TransformNRoll

TransformNRoll Well-Known Member

And the complexity of Rodimus specifically too. Plus commander price would allow him to come with his minicon where as leader, it's less likely

9. the killjoy

the killjoy finally stopped lurking

Twitter:
    I'm assuming BBM will be all but done, 86 might have a few left, but the majority of the G1 representation in SS will probably show up as Gamer Edition: Devastation figures.

As for ROTB, I'm hoping they dig into the concept art, would love a Transit or for them to do something with the Bloodhound design. Of course, characters with an actual on-screen presence should be prioritized- it's taken too long for them to finish the rest of the Bay casts they started.

• Like Like x 1
  10. TF Hot Rod

TF Hot Rod Legacy TFA enjoyer

News Credits:
    The pro for Devastation is since Prime is a DLX most of the characters will be also so most of the Bay bots that are Voyager up can be done. Insecticons probably Leaders

• Like Like x 2
  11. xyz123

xyz123 Well-Known Member

IMHO it would be dumb if they waste Leader slots on upsized insecticons when they just finished doing the G1 insecticons at a perfectly fine scale. Anything devastation should be limited to redecos and/or slight remolds.

It'd be so funny to me also if they decide to make new Devastation toys for like Wheeljack or Motormaster because those guys are literally based off of existing toys anyway... Ouroboros much? Literally just buy classics Wheeljack/Bumblebee or CW Motormaster if you really love their video game incarnations so much lol.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Novaburnhilde

Novaburnhilde ジェノサイダー

News Credits:
    BBM's pretty much done unless there's any more concept art characters they have planned, but if the goal is for every on screen character to get a figure there's still some left to do for '86.

Also I'm assuming TF:One will get attention in the line once the movie's out.

• Like Like x 3
  13. SaberZ

SaberZ Well-Known Member

I'm on the fence about Devastation stuff in Studio Series. The majority of the designs are just the Sunbow designs that can be done (& will have already been done) in SS86. I'm sure the upcoming SS86 Megatron can play double duty. Maybe they could do Bumblebee even though he's pretty much just the classics design?

The troop builder packs are fine, but outside of that, the only other significant thing I can think of is maybe a Commander Nova Prime.

• Like Like x 2
  14. TF Hot Rod

News Credits:
    For Devastation they should be Leaders, would be disappointing and very inaccurate for them to be anything smaller. Doesn’t mean immediately we are going to get another set of Insecticons immediately, will be a wait for Devastation Insecticons.
    IMG_2115.jpeg
    Probably not since it’d be too big
    Bee would be a new mold (same for Motormaster), Wheeljack and Sideswipe likely will be their ER molds in cell shading

Last edited: May 17, 2024
    • Like Like x 3
  15. Novaburnhilde

Novaburnhilde ジェノサイダー

News Credits:
    I'm all for Studio Series continuing to branch out beyond JUST the movies, 86' has done amazingly well for the line so I think it'd be in their best interest to keep at it.

• Like Like x 1
  16. xyz123

xyz123 Well-Known Member

We already got the Leader Nova Prime, which for such an obscure character is a perfectly sufficient representation.

Bruh 90% of the insecticons in Devastation were sunbow size. And besides, a straight upscale of the existing insecticon deluxes is so creatively bankrupt. If we're being pedantic, yes it would be more accurate to the game but it would just be so so so boring, overpriced (insecticons have really simple engineering), and would eliminate the chance for actually interesting designs to take advantage of the Leader class price point. I am hoping it doesn't happen personally but if it does, more power to you.

Yeah Wheeljack as a repaint of the ER mold makes sense, technically speaking it should be a reissue of the classics mold tho lol but I don't see that happening.

If they do a Sideswipe I really want him to have his swords. It would also be the first time they actually release the Earthrise/Kingdom Sideswipe mold by himself, and not in a crappy two pack with a character barely anyone wants lmao, which is pretty crazy.

17. TF Hot Rod

News Credits:
    Except for the main trio, the rest are the clones.
    IDC if they do or don't, no need for them I'm just saying they are a option.
    Good news is it’ll probably be years before they'd ever do them if that. And they'll still happen before the AOE Dinobots.
    I think they probably will and swords for sure should be included.

Last edited: May 17, 2024
  18. octobotimus

octobotimus Bad company ruins good morals

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    They’ll just find more 86 characters to pull out, or redo old ones they already did into infinity. It’ll never open up for non 86 stuff unfortunately.

• Like Like x 7
  19. Relic Hunter

Relic Hunter Well-Known Member

Studio Series Concept Art Bumblebee Movie Devcon is more likely than DoTM Devcon at this point lol

• Like Like x 8
  20. BlackHawkOmega

BlackHawkOmega Just trying my best.

News Credits:
    while i'm not CLAMORING for devastation designs, they're not as 1:1 animation accurate as the 86 stuff is

of course it's not like we're getting every character right now so let's not worry
    upload_2024-5-17_20-49-27.png

• Like Like x 2