2025 Studio Series Listings

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Jtprime17, Feb 20, 2024.

1. Rodimus

Rodimus The Prime Producer

My only concern with 86 Devastator is I don't know how they can make it any better than Takara's release of CW/Unite Warriors Devasator. About the only thing that can be improved is the size scale of Long Haul in relation to the other constructicons, and the paint colors in the head of Scrapper (UW was too dark and CW wasn't toon accurate enough IMO.)

Last edited: Feb 23, 2024
    • Like Like x 2
  2. Gastrotrain

Gastrotrain Well-Known Member

They could get Long Haul on ozempic for starters

• Like Like x 5
  3. Dachande

Dachande MULTI-QUOTE- USE IT. Super Mod

News Credits:
    I'm betting this release will focus more on the individual members, where the CW/UW version was all about Devastator.

• Like Like x 9
  4. Incepticon

Incepticon |-+-|

News Credits:
    Is this a typo and you meant to say Long Haul?

But speaking of Mixmaster, my only hope for this new set is that he retains his G1 alt mode. As much as I love and defend the CW set, what they inexplicably did with his alt / foot mode was the biggest ball drop for me.

• Like Like x 3
  5. Foster

Foster Haslab Victory Saber Backer #3 Veteran

News Credits:
    SS86 will be a set of Constructicons that combine. UW/CW was a Devastator figure that separated. That's the difference.

• Like Like x 12
  6. Dachande

Dachande MULTI-QUOTE- USE IT. Super Mod

News Credits:
    They modernized the alt modes, and many modern cement trucks are mixer-forward designs. Made sense to me, but it was a bit jarring at first.
    For these releases, I definitely would prefer the OG alt modes, with Bonecrusher even having the umbrella top.

• Like Like x 3
  7. Incepticon

Incepticon |-+-|

News Credits:
    That's a good way of looking at it. Well sad.

• Like Like x 4
  8. Incepticon

Incepticon |-+-|

News Credits:
    Yeah I just found that the other 5 were all still very clearly what they should be even with slightly updated / different looking alt modes, whereas Mixmaster looked nothing like himself in alt mode outside of the giant drum. Haha to this day I still need to double check which end is the front of that thing.

• Like Like x 2
  9. 1SecondNinja

1SecondNinja Well-Known Member

The 2007 Concept Autobot Designs
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 12
  10. KibblerGrrrl

KibblerGrrrl Zealous mini-cassettes & fembots evangelist

I know it wouldn't be an Studio Series release, but just once I'd love Hasbro to use the engineering from Hook to build an IDW1 Prowl. It'd be too big for a Datsun car body, but that Andrew Griffith police SUV design might work:
    DKD0vfSWsAAEkdO.jpg
    Stick him Selects, keep him as a Con/Pulse exclusive, or even do him (with leg Hook) as a small HasLab. Then we could finally build an IDW Prowlstator.

• Like Like x 3
  11. Dirge121

Dirge121 I'll be your end of days

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    I have wanted a toy of that 07 concept Ratchet for so long

• Like Like x 8
  12. RandyCain

RandyCain Self proclaimed Soy-Chugging SJW Feminist

Tumblr:
    At least it’s not Freddy fazbear

13. mondo

mondo Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yes. I want Thunderwing to be large. But then I guess he wont be the G1 version.

14. Nem

Nem Reactivate Historian and ROTF Guy

News Credits:
    @Jtprime17 Not really Studio Series but this seems like a good thread to ask, do you know anything more about Movie Edition? I heard it still exists but it got shuffled around or something. I remember Pixelmaster said ROTF Megatron was involved, but I dunno if that was just the tiny turbo changer or a full Voyager but he did also mention some examples for it that were Bayverse.

• Like Like x 1
  15. M'Kyuun

M'Kyuun Well-Known Member

No argument. Which is why I suggest proffering any potential gun Megatron specifically to adult collectors.

Oh I do hope so ever so ardently. I never had the OG Megatron toy, and to be able to get him with full articulation would be fantastic, a grail realized, you might say.

At this time, I'm inclined to agree. I hope Takara produces it to good reception and those sales make them consider their own Asian release of an SS86 Megatron with a proper Walther P-38ish alt mode. All digits crossed.

You're not wrong. According to the National Institutes of Health, Black children are at a much-heightened risk of being shot by police when playing with toy guns. It speaks to yet another long-standing and insidious issue we have in the US.

I broker no argument in the case of innocuous alt modes, as they pose no potential threat in most cases (although, I wouldn't want to be struck in the noggin by a hurled G1 Soundwave- Ouch!). Levity aside, the mass-shifting argument is one I oft see apologists use to support their arguments against a gun-alt Megatron, which is why I specified the other characters who also mass-shift greatly with far less disagreement. It's the two-sided nature of the argument with which I take umbrage. I fully understand the distinction between a weapon alt mode and non-weapon alt modes, and I concur with the arguments such as they apply practically and by law. I disagree with mass-shifting as an argument to justify all applicable alts except a gun alt on the pure basis of mass-shifting. I don't think I can express it more concisely than that.

And yet, it's history. It's how he was portrayed in the original Sunbow toon and in Transformers: The Movie in '86. Ironically, he usually ended up in the hands of Starscream, the Decepticon he trusted least. No amount of argument can turn back the hands of time and change his alt mode or how he was used as such in the original media. Megatron, both as a toy and as an animated character, became a pistol. I have never taken issue with it beyond simply noting the obvious mass-shifting that affected the majority of Decepticons in First Season (Reflector, Soundwave and his cassettes, and Megatron). Ironically, Shockwave, the other transforming gun character, stayed in scale in both modes and in his gun mode simply stood or free-floated unwielded. Go figure. To your argument that it's not in his character, the gun alt mode, given its negative connotation, was the deciding factor when appointing him the leader of the bad guys when determining the roles the toys would play as characters as the initial Transformers story was being ironed out, per Tom Griffon and Joe Bacal. Thus in rebuttal to your suggestion that his becoming a pistol requiring wielding lessens him as a tyrannical character, I submit that it was that very pistol mode that determined his characterization. That said, going forward in this heavily regulated world where toy guns are increasingly frowned upon (I point out, ironically, that one of Hasbro's other very profitable product lines is Nerf which of course revolves around toy weapons, albeit less realistic looking ones than Megatron's), ever more Megatron is going to be saddled with other non-firearm alt modes, most popularly a tank. In a way, I wish he'd started out as such, as this whole issue of variable regulations preventing his original form would be moot, and a tank makes practical sense both in scale and character considerations. But, he didn't, and the ardent G1 fan in me will continue to pine for a proper G1 Megatron with a Walther P-38ish alt mode until such time as he is finally produced or I am one with the Matrix.;) 

• Like Like x 1
  16. Jtprime17

Jtprime17 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It shares an assortment code with the TFone stuff. It should be on shelf right before the TFone waves.

movie edition only consists of titan changers and Deluxes.

• Like Like x 21
  17. BethCyra

BethCyra I NEED MP BiG CONVOY (Rumored)

It is an argument of Prevention and probability reduction.

As you pointed out Black and children of color are more likely to get shot over toy guns and as such I feel we shouldn’t add more to fuel of the fire.

Adult Collectors can go out of state/to Takara.

Hasbro shouldn’t release a toy gun when we have the statistics we do and the sheer amount of destruction that could follow from Megs at retail.

What you have is no argument, your literally saying just aim it Adults which will not solve the issue if a kid gets a hold of it and then shot because of a trigger happy cop.

• Like Like x 2
  18. TheDude810

TheDude810 I have an unhealthy obsession with the RotF Game

News Credits:
    There is only one answer
    upload_2024-2-23_16-14-44.jpeg

• Like Like x 15
  19. Ackar

Ackar Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Stratosphere and breakaway are in game and concept so they have a higher chance besides just concept art characters

• Like Like x 8
  20. TF Hot Rod

TF Hot Rod Legacy TFA enjoyer

News Credits:
    Rodimus I can see, Cyclonus all I see is a reissue, that's it.
    All this fr.
    Happy to hear news that it's still coming.
    This is exactly what I expect for Galvatron and I'd be tempted.
    Best SSGE figure waiting to happen.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2024
    • Like Like x 1