2025 Studio Series Listings

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Jtprime17, Feb 20, 2024.

1. TF Hot Rod

TF Hot Rod Legacy TFA enjoyer

News Credits:
    • Like Like x 2
  2. TransformNRoll

TransformNRoll Well-Known Member

3. M'Kyuun

M'Kyuun Well-Known Member

I appreciate your comment and I'm curious what makes you think that the current timing is poor for a gun alt-mode Megatron. To my thinking, as someone who grew up with G1 and for whom first season is the core and best of the G1 animation from a storytelling and character development POV, now is as good as any time while the fandom who grew up with it are still alive, generally have some disposable income for the hobby, and are enjoying the bounty of increasingly G1 accurate updates to Hasbro's mainline. I vehemently desire a proper G1 Megatron with a Walther P-38 alt mode, or a close facsimile thereof. It needn't be exact; ballpark will do, as has been their practice with many of the car bots who traditionally have licensed vehicle modes. I make the assumption, without evidence, that I'm not alone in this sentiment. I've heard the arguments against it, and while I agree with some (primarily the eradication of the need for mass-shifting), at the end of the day, G1 Megs turned into a pistol, and that's what I want to complete my First Season collection of Generations/SS86 figs. After that, they can give him any alt they fancy. As a sidenote, I rarely see such arguments regarding G1 Soundwave, Shockwave, the cassette bots, Reflector, Blaster, and other characters who undergo various degrees of mass-shifting from mode to mode; Megatron seems to garner the majority of apologetics denigrating his pistol alt regardless of the fact that it's canon.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Lazerwave

Lazerwave My Most Prized Treasure

News Credits:
    JT said he had no hints today except finishing a good book. Obviously finish book meant Finishing United. But because he said he had no hints, I believe because none of the figures from last wave have no famous lines.

• Like Like x 1
  5. BethCyra

BethCyra I NEED MP BiG CONVOY (Rumored)

America has an extreme gun problem where we have Mass Shootings daily and more young kids that are dying more and more to fire arms.

Until we get some actual gun control in this country I’d prefer we not be putting toys that look guns in kids hands

• Like Like x 4
  6. Foster

Foster Haslab Victory Saber Backer #3 Veteran

News Credits:
    The best hope for a new gun mode Megatron is a Takara Missing Link release.

• Like Like x 8
  7. TF Hot Rod

TF Hot Rod Legacy TFA enjoyer

News Credits:
    To quote the Joker "there's no going back". Even if things change it's not gonna reverse what laws are, so its not a I'd prefer, it's a the law is what it is and your not gonna change it case.
    1000% this.

ML Megatron is your best case if you want a gun Megatron toy.

• Like Like x 3
  8. BethCyra

BethCyra I NEED MP BiG CONVOY (Rumored)

No I’m not.

However I will also continue to say what I can and express the very real fact that young kids of color or minorities are targeted and killed on the regular in this country.

If Hasbro releases a Gun Megs at mass retail we could lose a life over it, and no toy is worth that to me.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2024
    • Like Like x 2
  9. Mecheon

Mecheon Grumpy Dinosaur Nerd

People haven't been killed for holding microcasette players, obviously fake space-lasers (used as props in Alien), microcasettes, cameras, radios, and other characters who undergo various degrees of mass shifting. Its that simple

Also all of those items aren't, y'know, don't have extremely specific laws depending on individual countries and states. Gun formers do. Masterpiece Megatron had a whole thread about what Australian states you could import him into no problem and what Australian states you had to have a firearm's license to own the toy in. That's just Australia, its going to get worse once we mix in the other countries Hasbro sells to, and that's before we get to the inevitable media backlash at "Toy company sells realistic gun in toy stores, child shot and killed!". Given Hasbro's business is selling retail toys, they're not making a Gun Megatron, and Takara seems perfectly fine with how MP Megs is in terms of gun Megatrons and not too concerned at making a seperate one for Studio Series

• Like Like x 3
  10. mx-01 archon

mx-01 archon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Beyond that, it's the characterization.

Megatron is supposed to be this big-bad tyrant that trusts nobody, and his alt-mode is this thing that's functionally useless outside of someone else's hands.

• Like Like x 5
  11. Mishap

Mishap Well-Known Member

I would rather a second Sharkticon, even with just slightly different shading. For a troop-builder figure, he sure wasn't around very long or in any quantity. But we had three to-scale takes on the Allicon figure. The Pit of Judgement set just subbed in a smaller Sharkticon from Titans Return. Three Junkion bikes, three Allicons, one Sharkticon. King Grimlock needs more subjects.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Mishap

Mishap Well-Known Member

I say go for a turret that clips into Trypticon. Or Metrotitan.
    What? They haven't announced a Selects Metrotitan? Well, why not?
    Just wait until Friday's leaks come and... there will still be no Metrotitan.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Pcsolyar

Pcsolyar JaAm Connoisseur

News Credits:
    You need a good Metroplex first. But just wait until Friday's leaks come and… there will still be no Metroplex either.

• Like Like x 4
  14. Mikeprime97

Mikeprime97 Well-Known Member

my only problems with kingdom rodimus is the really long gun the sword and the face looking angry

• Like Like x 1
  15. Ravewind

Ravewind Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Kingdom Rodimus needed a better face, a neck and shoulder articulation. He was damn close to perfect for bot mode but those were my big issues. Other than that on my copy the shoulder inserts weren't painted silver and the wheels needed their hubcaps painted.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Novaburnhilde

Novaburnhilde 狡猾の死神

News Credits:
    As much as I have a soft spot for that first Titan Class Metroplex he REALLY needs a do-over, since at the time I feel the design philosophy wasn't quite solidified yet.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Zodiac1968340

Zodiac1968340 Beast Wars fan

News Credits:
  18. Zoo

Zoo Yuh Mein

Ebay:
    although i think one was shot for a firetruck

Ban inferno in the us

• Like Like x 1
  19. GitGudGabe

GitGudGabe v e h i c o n

News Credits:
    I might disagree with half of this post, but...
    Unfathomably based for advocating commander Tankor. Glad I ain't the only one who wants him to pulverize generations!

20. Feralstorm

Feralstorm Good Morning, Weather Hackers! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    We are slammin' through all these leaks. No surprises until 2026! :) 

It's unfortunate that '86 Megatron wouldn't be a pistol, but I fully get it. Something like "Gamer Edition Devastation Megatron" makes more sense for a tank mode, or maybe some sort of artillery emplacement or the like would kinda work. I know it's not fully accurate to the '86 movie, but some people get way too hard-ass and gate-keepy about what exactly Studio Series and SS86 "IS" or "ISN'T", and do nothing but get in the way of others' and their own enjoyment. I suppose if there's one thing the SS86 Megatron 'needs', it's an accessory of himself in gun mode that other toys can hold.

I'm perfectly happy to be wrong about it, but I expect SS86 Galvatron to be a recolor or mild tweak on the Kingdom/Legacy mold. It's already mostly where it needs to be, and includes movie-specific accessories. They might end up leaving out the starship-guns, or swapping them for something else.