2025 Studio Series Listings

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Jtprime17, Feb 20, 2024.

1. shumworld

shumworld Well-Known Member

As a tank?

2. RandyCain

RandyCain Self proclaimed Soy-Chugging SJW Feminist

Tumblr:
    Probably, designers have said they can’t do a gun and would probably substitute for Tank

• Like Like x 1
  3. Lazerwave

Lazerwave My Most Prized Treasure

News Credits:
    No one knows yet. But we have over a year to speculate.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Chadderbug

Chadderbug Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    YouTube (Custom URL):
    Geez, next year is gonna be a goated year for leaders. 86 Megs and possibly a new Galvatron, at long last a reissue of 86 Grim, Dotm shockwave is also getting reissued, and AoE Optimus finally gets an overdue Leader update.

5. TF Hot Rod

TF Hot Rod Legacy TFA enjoyer

News Credits:
    That would be different because then you can’t do any Coneheads or any other repaints again because that’s a Leader mold.

6. SquawkingtheTalk

SquawkingtheTalk Questioning my love of tf on the astrotrain

Imagine it’s a really shit tank mode with the top being a very obvious barrel of a gun and the treads as an obvious handle

7. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Currently facepalming at your post

News Credits:
    Megatron is exciting...I know he'll be a tank but as long as the bot mode is accurate I'm totally on board. It's funny, I'm not typically an "accuracy or bust" type of collector, and I've enjoyed the Megatrons that have come out in recent years, but none (bar MP-36) have really done Megs' bot mode justice...IMO of course. Also, add in a mini gun mode for other toys to hold and it's the perfect compromise for the updated alt mode.

I can't see Galvatron being anything more than the Kingdom mold with a lighter shade of purple but of course more surprising things have happened. Either way I'm very content with my Kingdom Galvatron so it's an easy pass for me.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Ganon2099

Ganon2099 We're all gonna die

News Credits:
    Explain that more?
    A new Seeker leader mold can be repainted into skywarp or get retooled into a new conehead....

9. Hail Galvatron

Hail Galvatron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The more people argue about SS86 Leader Galvatron, the happier I am that we're getting it.

I actually did love the Kingdom/Legacy version but like Earthrise Optimus, Ironhide, Arcee, Kingdom Ultra Magnus, etc. There was always room for improvement.

A different shade of purple. Better proportions. A taller back spike. Better feet. A cannon that isn't quite that long. A new head. Hands that can grasp the Matrix (or strangle Hot Rod).

Yeah, as an uber-fan of this character and his Movie design, I'm going to notice things that people who aren't uber fans might not.

And yes, I understand for those who don't want it, it's frustrating. I get that. But I'm happy, I look forward to seeing it.

• Like Like x 5
  10. TheDude810

TheDude810 I have an unhealthy obsession with the RotF Game

News Credits:
    With a line as varied as this, it is true that there will always be some people unsatisfied (many will probably complain that this isn’t a new mold if it is a Legacy repaint). But in certain situations there are objectively more sensical choices than others.

In a case such as Galvatron’s, it feels like a very unique situation where, if he is a new mold, another 86 character would have even been preferable. From the perspective of a G1 fan I’m pretty sure someone would rather see a guy like Windcharger than milking the same pool of characters as nausaem.

If he’s a repaint, it will send the message that late-WFC and Legacy G1 molds are just as definitive and don’t need updates. Hell, we’re already getting that sense with 86 Blaster & Eject this year.

• Like Like x 3
  11. Traachon

Traachon The battle takes to the sky with Cyberjets!

To be fair, I don't think a new Galvatron was in the the top 10 of anyone's wishlist. We absolutely don't need a new mold so soon, and we hardly need a repaint either, but everyone's running with it and, since all we have to go off of at this point is imagination and weak precedent, hoping to get something that is in some way better than Hasbro's last attempt. It's not just G1; if we knew a new Studio Series ROTB Scourge was on the cards, for example, I bet you a lot of people would be reacting the same way and asking for more than a new coat of paint. Personally I think the one we got does the job satisfactorily, but I know I'm in the minority.

At least that's how I see it.

• Like Like x 4
  12. TF Hot Rod

News Credits:
    Your going to have to find slots for them and Leaders we mostly get 3 new molds a year. So your not going to crank all the 10 repaints you want out of them unless we get two packs like we did with Earthrise

• Like Like x 2
  13. SquawkingtheTalk

To present a problem with a new leader seeker mold: imagine the seeker hunts again but they are leader priced, that’s literally hell incarnate

• Like Like x 1
  14. RandyCain

Tumblr:
    Everyone wants to joke that they’ll hide a gun mode inside it, but that just eventually leads to the same problem as just making it a gun to begin with would, there would need to be some manner of document for the gun mode so QC and safety measures can be adequately paperworked, which mean somewhere somehow there’s a paper that says “this toy can turn into a gun” and if it’s at all realistic Hasbro is in trouble

that being said I think it’d be cute if the tank was largely normal looking but the cannon looked like a p-38 barrel

• Like Like x 1
  15. Lazerwave

Lazerwave My Most Prized Treasure

News Credits:
    So to verify. If @Jtprime17 quoted something like, "Nobody would follow an uncharismatic bore like you!" It would hint he's leaking Long Haul and Hook?

• Like Like x 4
  16. SquawkingtheTalk

I mean in the same sense as the fallen and his sun harvester mode, make it a fan mode that’s really obvious to make

17. renkencen

renkencen Seekers of the cheaper prices

News Credits:
    If Galvatron is a new mold, how would he be different to the Kingdom mold? Less wide looking? I mean I high doubt they would PR the Kingdom mold or changed the colours since the colours were accurate anyway. I mean the kingdom/ Legacy Galvatron petty much been shelfwarm due to the PR so there isn't a demand of him unlike SS86 Grimlock!

• Like Like x 1
  18. RandyCain

Tumblr:
    Brighter lavender?

19. TF Hot Rod

News Credits:
    He might be.

My guess is Kingdom mold repaint in blue-ish purple with retooling and a new head.
    Not to the 86 movie so changing them would be different and accurate

• Like Like x 4
  20. aey103

aey103 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The funny thing about your statement is that I am more of a G1 person, who is complaining about getting more G1. So yes, us fans will find something to complain about, even me.

• Like Like x 1