2025 exclusives listings

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Jtprime17, Apr 24, 2024.

1. ScorponokIsHere

ScorponokIsHere He is Arrived Indeed

News Credits:
    somebody's writing fanfiction again

• Like Like x 20
  2. Ganon2099

Ganon2099 We're all gonna die

News Credits:
    Only Mighty Morphin sells.... everything else was probably made to the bare minimum. QC suffered because they didn't sell or they didn't sell because QC sucked.... who knows, who cares.
    Even MMPR doesn't always sell. Super7 stuff.

To think Power Rangers was a giant in the toy aisle is probably a leap.

3. meisterman

meisterman i am in love with rotb

Yeah idk there’s a lot the current design team has done right under their own judgement but I don’t get why they would make one of maybe three of the actually fleshed out primes into a remold. I would hope of any of the 13 that Vector, Megatronus, and Micronus would be absolute priorities to make pretty accurate given that they actually have prominent appearances to be accurate to lol. Guess we’ll see how the rest turn out next year.

• Like Like x 7
  4. Seanprime

Seanprime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    “Mark didn’t do what I wanted”, no wonder they’ve had to deactivate their socials before. What an absolute nonsense of a thought process from you. Calm down that your toy needs didn’t get met.

Last edited: May 21, 2024
    • Like Like x 19
  5. SecretWyvern

SecretWyvern Tax fraud is the right of all sentient beings

To blame the brand rather than Hasbro's management of it is silly

• Like Like x 3
  6. Ganon2099

News Credits:
    Let's talk about someone other than Thundertron and Vector prime...

Why did Detritus get a mainline release while Hound is stuffed in a 5 pack?

They make weird choices with retools and repaints. Why did Shadowstriker come before Sideburn? Can we stop acting like the design team is perfect?

They handled the brand poorly... but also how big and powerful is that brand? You can't make a brand magically be a money maker.

Last edited by a moderator: May 22, 2024
    • Like Like x 5
  7. Seanprime

News Credits:
    pretools usually come first, your choosing to miss the point. You can maturely discuss choices without saying I’m gonna give “mark shit” I’m sure you’d like it if someone choose to talk about you like that about your work choices.
    Also
    Hound was in the 5 pack because Target declined the individual release so he had to get out somewhere else, so if you are gonna cast blame least get your facts right. Them releasing figures as retools over another character as a new model isn’t wrong, it’s just one collectors preference. Some of yall take all of this too seriously Also, I guarantee you that person wouldn’t say that to mark in person, country and say that to them on their socials and see how it goes. Lets not act like we can’t be respectful while voice displeasures

• Like Like x 8
  8. sixthrowshot

sixthrowshot Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Hound was slated for Studio Series '86, via Buzzworthy Bumblebee, in 2022, but Target decided not to release any new mold under that label, due to poor sales (that's a whole 'nother can of worms).

Legacy
    Detritus, meanwhile, probably had always been scheduled for that slot, in Legacy: United Wave 4, which would've been released after the aforementioned Studio Series '86 Hound, being a 2023 release; it's just that the latter's release got shuffled around, while the former didn't.

• Like Like x 6
  9. flux convoy

flux convoy RIP Botcon.

Ebay:
    Well. This went bananas. Go outside.

• Like Like x 13
  10. Ganon2099

News Credits:
    The excuse of exclusives is lame.
    Within a year Walmart had Bumblebee, Target had Goldbug, Netflix had Soundwave, Pulse had Shattered glass Soundwave. They couldn't wait until exclusivity ended to do a single release? Bet you that's coming anyway.

Sad reality is, the more your job puts you out in front of the public the more people will speak against you. They can kind of choose how the budget is spent and what figures to make. We as fans, see potential repaints and retools that Hasbro doesn’t do, we speak up. We are passionate about our hobby. Our money supports the company. We feel like we have an interest in what the company does.
    Should we be more creative in our criticism? Yes. Should we be more nuanced in this discussion? Yes.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Seth Sunthay

Seth Sunthay ElusoryMonk

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Regardless of what you think of Warden, TF Legacy needs his kind of organization again. The waves have started to rely on the budget for 1-2 figures of what now? 5 to 6 toys in a wave. I'm not saying we didn't get waves with a lot of compromises for one figure before, but it has become more and more apparent now. We should NOW expect 1 or 2 figures in a wave to be the only decent ones?.
    Look, i think Vector looks decent, perhaps Sideburn too in its own, but their priorities from Hasbro's team (not the designers themselves) are strange to make obscure or original characters like the rocks or thundertron get more budget of the tooling rather than, YOU KNOW, Slipstream and Vector who are actually endearing characters.

Also, alot of people shit on Warden for being a G1 fanboy, but he didn't put an awesome version of Optimus behind a Haslab lock limiting its release for the rest of the world WHILE the mainline will be using the Commander slots for woah, G1 REMAKES AGAIN, and their third one of course. (And before some of you tell me i'm blowing this out of proportion, Evan said RID Op could be manageable in retail but without the useless stands).
    I appreciate all the efforts of all the designers and leads of this current team but Hasbro is obviously out of touch with their current priorities.

• Like Like x 11
  12. NexMix

NexMix Gives Cybertron too much credit

Wait hang on, have I been using the phrase "giving someone shit" wrong this whole time? Dude it's just hyperbole for criticizing the guy, I'd absolutely tell him to his face that I think he got lost in the sauce and that putting his own personal obscure preferences over more objective measures of character importance (American show, prime nostalgia demographic, main character status, for example) is a terrible move. No idea why this complaint would be seen as controversial

• Like Like x 5
  13. Seanprime

News Credits:
    As you said at the end, more nuance and creativity and remember just because you spend money on their products doesn’t give anyone the right the be disrespectful, cause then anything you have to say goes right out the window. Also you don’t have to like the facts and may thing they’re “lame”c but that doesn’t take away from them being facts. You don’t know what goes on behind the scenes and how decisions get made so how can you have an adequate critique without having proper context? How do you know they didn’t have to have hound out by a certain time? How do you know if they even had a space to release hound solo if all other deluxe slots were taken up already? There’s so many different things that probably go into it calling it lame just because you don’t like it is what’s lame honestly imo. That’s why people getting on here and just saying nonsense makes me laugh when people say they read the boards, like yeah I’m sure they wanna come here and see people bashing them

And you know he did that how exactly? Where did he say he did that? Also it’s terrible how. ? Based off of what measurements does that make it terrible? Just because you personally don’t like it? If so that’s just preference

Last edited by a moderator: May 22, 2024
    • Like Like x 5
  14. Autobot N

Autobot N Wants a Legacy Sunstorm

Because obscure figures are fun, keep the Thundertrons of the world coming

• Like Like x 7
  15. NexMix

NexMix Gives Cybertron too much credit

To clarify, obscure stuff is definitely fun and has its place. The issue here is that it comes at the expense of other, far more relevant characters. I'd absolutely love for them to make a 1:1 comic accurate Nexus, but at the same time it shouldn't majorly compromise the G1 combiners they're doing either. As long as the limbs are the correct style of vehicle and can end up in the right place it's a smashing success in my book, but in no world should Fireflight turn into an A10 just to make Skyfall better

• Like Like x 1
  16. Cashtron527

Cashtron527 Well-Known Member

spinister was half magenta half blue in the comics, you do realize that right?

• Like Like x 1
  17. Ghost Quartz

Ghost Quartz Check out my digibash thread, thanks!

After reading the last one page of the thread, I ain't surprised- most tame convo in the transformers fandom ever hahaha

18. weevil

weevil CHUG Fan!

News Credits:
    Imagined if Crosswise is a retool of SS86 Jazz like Botcon SG Jazz.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 4
  19. ScorponokIsHere

ScorponokIsHere He is Arrived Indeed

News Credits:
    so its place is never

• Like Like x 8
  20. Ghost Quartz

Ghost Quartz Check out my digibash thread, thanks!

I wouldn't mind, just give him a new head, chest, crotch and make the backpack detachable. Should be possible for a mainline retool, if the budget allows it of course.

• Like Like x 1