2024 Studio Series Leaks

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by JazzAlert13, Feb 14, 2023.

1. Trip

Trip Prudentia Fortitudo Temperantia Iustitia

However many times it takes for them to make the perfect one.

• Like Like x 2
  2. shumworld

shumworld Well-Known Member

The Hasbro team already stated in a pulse video that they don't have any plans to do a Haslab Megatron with a gun alt-mode whatsoever.

3. Shmoptimus Prime

Shmoptimus Prime Za Warudo!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    The trailer is what makes me hate G1 Optimus toys these days. That and including a matrix with EVERY Optimus that he CAN'T EVEN FUCKING HOLD. The trailers NEVER do anything that they couldn't do 40 years ago, with the same dumbass accessories in the same dumbass look. The trailer is only there to inflate the price. Every other continuity did something more interesting with Optimus' trailer. G1 is the lamest, and yet it's always there now, and it's gonna be here now to inflate the price of this figure. When I briefly owned Earthrise Prime, I didn't even take the trailer out of the box. It was boring to look at even in the package.

Overall this is a pretty lame reveal for me. About the least creative thing they could do with this, but I guess studio series now exists to just pad out 86 stuff with "this year's version" of XYZ character that G1 fans have purchased 3 or 4 times already this decade.

• Like Like x 10
  4. Cosmosis

Cosmosis Well-Known Member

So what are we thinking he's going to actually look like? Same engineering as Earthrise, but with some small design tweaks and more animation accurate design? Maybe have the legs collapse in so that the truck bed is a little smaller? Articulated fingers? Better trailer and an axe?

• Like Like x 1
  5. TheDude810

TheDude810 I have an unhealthy obsession with the RotF Game

News Credits:
    They did it in 2019.

• Like Like x 9
  6. butheadimus prime

butheadimus prime Picard?

Ebay:
    You think it is rediculous that it isn't stratosphere that had 13 seconds screen time. Ok dude

• Like Like x 2
  7. Cosmosis

Cosmosis Well-Known Member

They're going to do it forever, and y'all should know it. G1 Optimus is the iPhone of Transformers, they're never going to stop improving on him

• Like Like x 2
  8. JonzyYT

JonzyYT Studio Series is great again!

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    There was a scene where we literally inside him for a whole 3 minutes.

• Like Like x 7
  9. Thatsjustkreo67

Thatsjustkreo67 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    In exchange, SS86 Prime will get all the neck that SS86 Magnus was missing…

• Like Like x 3
  10. Novaburnhilde

Novaburnhilde 狡猾の死神

News Credits:
    The design team doesn't seem interested in doing Stratosphere for pretty valid reasons.

Also Magnus was a really good figure.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Hahli

Hahli Well-Known Member

Unless they plan on like giving both Roller and the Trailer a robot mode I don't really see the point in a commander class Optimus Prime. Seems like a waste of a commander to me honestly.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Odysseyuwrf

Odysseyuwrf Well-Known Member

I\'m pretty happy with my current Optimus (Siege, Premium Finish version) and I don\'t get I to buying repeat figures, but if this comes out stellar I\'m all in. Ditto for SS86 Bumblebee if they make him. 

13. Gumblor Gimbles

Gumblor Gimbles Norn' Ironhide

News Credits:
    Stratosphere bros, your day will come. His power will blot out the sun

• Like Like x 6
  14. Tetratron

Tetratron AEColyte

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    ss86bay.png

• Like Like x 22
  15. Robogeek28

Robogeek28 Proud grandpa

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'm amused by all of the "I called it" posts that I've been seeing.o_O 

• Like Like x 7
  16. GrimCharr

GrimCharr SciFi Geezer

Wanting something like this so near to that kind of design language and that scale basically means making an official version of that Light of Peace third party mold. Which… I can see the discerning collector deciding that particular mold is maybe closer in scale with CHUG Bluestreak and Wheeljack, for instance.

I think that's still too big. I see CHUG Optimus as 3/4 to 5/8 the size he needs to be, not 50%. That's just to my eye. Given that characters like Mirage and Beachcomber are at least 50% too large. And not even touching the motorcycle-bots.

Maybe. But as you must realize speculating how it could be done, exactly why they won't go that way. I'd just get Light of Peace/Victory or whatever he is. He's that scale, that mode, and only a twinge more expensive than a Commander. If he hasn't been scalped to high heaven yet. (I don't check.)

Scale is of course out the window with Transformers. Kinda. I always think what matters is if it looks correct visually. Current Generations figures mostly do. Which is a huge improvement over G1.

As a collector with an ER Optimus just flexing on a shelf, I too don't get the trailer envy. And the selfish part of me hopes that the Commander Optimus will be more-or-less ER with some more interesting deco/accessories and maybe a better trailer. That would placate people who want it without triggering a FOMO purchasing fugue state on behalf of persons like myself.

Probably just need to add some Toyhax to ER rather than fully upgrade.

Confess your unpopular toy opinion: I think these things should always have been a slightly smaller scale. I know, I know, probably easier to mold them larger when plastic is cheap. But Legends-scale collecting works well as a kid trying to amass a collection. Cheaper. Can mix and match mainline CORE and third-party Legends depending on preference. But cheap CORE are easier to army build. If you have a Titan character like Omega Supreme or Trypticon, look that much more dynamic.

Hindsight being 20/20 I mean. I'm not going in on it… just saying.

• Like Like x 2
  17. Robogeek28

Robogeek28 Proud grandpa

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Nah, they've been doing that with G1 Buzzsaw....

• Like Like x 3
  18. Novaburnhilde

Novaburnhilde 狡猾の死神

News Credits:
    Hound 'n Hatchet, Hasbro hostages.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Dormamu

Dormamu I am Broot.

News Credits:
    Here's what I see out of this potentially. A lot of this is hopeful, and with what we've seen for current engineering, possible.

Not going to be Earthrise Prime or an upscale/oversize
    Size will be closer to MP10
    Will look in robot mode a lot closer to the toon/movie look. To do that, wheels will fold inside the shins and won't be visible from 3/4 angles
    Will have a clean back, where the front wheels collapse inside the chest/waist.
    A lot more panels to cover up bits.
    Articulated hands
    Possible change out/flip around chest for damaged look
    Definite matrix chamber
    Trailer if included will be very, very, very basic.
    Think upscaled Magic Square, but Hasbroized. And with a lot less magic.
    Will be a solid $120 as an asking price.

Now whether or not my crystal ball analysis comes to fruition, we'll see. But it will not be Earthrise at all.

And while everyone says 'why do another Prime', it does make sense because SS has been all about trying to fill in cast where they can for the movies, and Prime is literally the main character for 1/4 of the 86 movie.

Megatron will never happen. Ever. Unless somehow the team manages to make him a triple changer and doesn't announce it as one, which would be incredibly risky, and a gray area. You can't have a third mode be a gun of any kind and then be like 'oops'.

20. W-P38

W-P38 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I love the bandwagon that develops despite my conceding to what was pointed out about Optimus being Latin vs Greek, which is correct. The plural of basileus (Greek) is either basilei OR basileis. Not to mention, the last syllable in the former (lei) is not pronounced “lie” (as plurals are in Latin) it’s pronounced “lay.”

Last edited: Dec 2, 2023
    • Like Like x 1