2024 Studio Series Leaks

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by JazzAlert13, Feb 14, 2023.

1. DrOblivian

DrOblivian Mad Doctor jAmS

I found this somewhere on another form as a fan pitch for a new Megatron and i think something like this would be an awesome proposal for a Megatron figure. sure it wouldn't be "SS 86" due to the lack of accuracy in the alt mode. but if they hyper focused on the robot mode i doubt anyone would care.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 14
  2. Luke Stark

Luke Stark Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    A lot of figures like Optimus, Megatron, Springer, and whoever didn't get a G1 accurate figure from either the WFC Trilogy or Legacy shouldn't get one
    Someone like Prowl should because he is so hard to get from the Earthrise two pack
    While everyone else who aren't in the WFC Trilogy or Legacy should get an SS figure
    Magnus is an exception because he really needed one

• Like Like x 1
  3. DrOblivian

DrOblivian Mad Doctor jAmS

actually... now that i think about it...

what if an 86 Megatron is the upcoming Haslab? It would be perfect for the 40th to pair with the Optimus and they would probably come out around the same time or at least shortly after 86 Optimus.

It being a Haslab they might be able to get around toy issues due to it being a made to order adult collector thing.

They said Optimus would never be a Haslab, but i don't think they ever said the same about Megatron.

Last edited: Dec 2, 2023
    • Like Like x 5
  4. Ilovetransformers22

Ilovetransformers22 Lover of all things transformers

News Credits:
    We’re getting 3 Optimuses next year (Animated, unknown deluxe Optimus, and 86 Optimus). We still don’t have any information on what the deluxe is. Maybe it’s the core class plus trailer or alligator Optimus.

If they make a 86 Megatron it will be a tank no matter what. They have to comply with gun laws. I’m not going to go specifically why because that might break a rule.

• Like Like x 4
  5. MidnightBliss

MidnightBliss Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I am really intrigued to see how SS86 will be a big improvement over Earthrise

• Like Like x 1
  6. R3M1NGT0N

R3M1NGT0N Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Don’t forget we have the A-Series listing, and the G2 repack if you want to count that as well.

• Like Like x 3
  7. Vanya

Vanya Well-Known Member

Well, that was a ton of reading I just skimmed over.

Lot of assumptions about what SS86 Prime is going to be.

Lot of salt despite him being the clear and obvious choice for the 40th anniversary.

Lot of good points about how this new figure could be better than ER Prime.

I have BPF Commander (aka OS KO Siege Prime), and he 's so much more satisfying than ER Prime though he's about a 1/4 inch too tall.
    So I'd love it if SS86 Prime was properly scaled to the current car-bots.
    Add to that a properly scaled trailer with ALL the bells and whistles and I'll be a happy camper.
    There should be more than enough budget at Commander Class to have battle damage parts to swap out as well.

What I don't necessarily want is a down-scaled MP-44.
    It does some things I like, but a lot that I don't.
    And I'd rather the aesthetic lean more towards ER so that it does fit in well with the rest of the current crop of figures.
    However! The MP-44 trailer is pretty sick and I wouldn't mind the new trailer being largely based on it, but again leaning more on the ER aesthetic.

I'm very curious to see what HasTak comes up with.
    Hopefully it isn't disappointing to me.

Back up plan is either going to be a go at MP10V.
    And if that fails to satisfy, then I'm just gonna get another BPF Commander and print an up-scaled Earth-mode upgrade kit for it that I found on Cults.

• Like Like x 3
  8. shumworld

shumworld Well-Known Member

I assume he'll be an updated version of the Kingdom Optimus with maybe a bigger trailer.

9. Vanya

Vanya Well-Known Member

And they already straight up said that they'll never make him into a gun.

That would not justify the price point, and I for one wouldn't buy such a thing.

• Like Like x 5
  10. JonzyYT

JonzyYT Studio Series is great again!

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    The fact that GTA 6 is going to be out before we get the next Dinobot is fucking insane.

• Like Like x 20
  11. Liege Prime

Liege Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Actually I just got an email saying Animated Optimus is shipping next week from Amazon. So, technically this year? I know it doesn't matter.

• Like Like x 2
  12. zark225

zark225 Talon Productions on YouTube

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Custom URL):
    But you don't understand! We need yet another redo of G1 Prime that might be slightly better than the previous "definitive" version instead of members of a team that should have been completed years ago.

I kind of understand it considering the 40th anniversary, but god damn is it annoying for Studio Series fans that want anything other than G1/SS86, let alone Bay fans.

• Like Like x 5
  13. protostar8

protostar8 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I had considered that BUT Haslab might be reserved for larger things. Particularly Primus/Cybertron. I honestly expect Cybertron to be the next big Haslab since Zeta/Core Star or whatever they are calling themselves have theirs almost released.

14. C16

C16 Space Nomad

News Credits:
    If you have to put it away because of space, that's your problem not the figure's. And they clearly want a G1 Prime in the Commander slot because they also want to make the cab figure better. The ER's legs didn't even transform, everything happened in the torso. The trailer isn't going to get all the budget, they're also going to make a kickass Optimus figure that will surpass the Leader figure budget, that's why he gets a Commander budget.

• Like Like x 2
  15. Luke Stark

Luke Stark Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Primus really needs to be the next HasLab
    I know fans are assuming when the people at Hasbro said the word "omega" they are assuming it's Omega Supreme
    However Primus needs to be it because since they made Unicron, it would be right for Primus to be next so he can alongside him

• Like Like x 2
  16. mikeszekely

mikeszekely Not Pessimus Prime

Ebay:
    Glad you posted this picture. See, the background is white. Prime's pelvis and thighs clearly do NOT match the white background. What they do match, though, is the smokestacks, the grill, and the fuel tanks on his legs. All those parts should be silver.

Make a robot that's as cartoon accurate as you can while still blending in with other WFC/Legacy/SS86 toys, have him yoga his way into some kind of bullshit "spaceship" mode, and just have him come with a really good Megatron gun for Starscream to hold. That's all I ask.

• Like Like x 7
  17. Rodimus

Rodimus The Prime Producer

I really hope we get a 86 Studio Series Megatron that transforms into a gun. But with a white-ish gray colors so that the gun is obviously perceived as a toy. In other words, just like he looked in the 1986 Movie.

18. Cataraks

Cataraks Decepticon Cannibal

Ironically, they COULD make a ss86 Megatron mid-galvatron transformation with clear or bright purple plastic and be fine turning into a gun.

Federal Register :: Request Access
    They specifically mention this in the current version of the regulation.

The subject has been brought up before, and it's mostly hasbros aversion to the possibility they're toy would make headlines for a robbery or something, and also now that there's such a global market for transformers, they don't want to limit their release options.

But they could just make him with an orange tip, and let fans do their customizing if they were just concerned about the law

• Like Like x 2
  19. Kupp

Kupp Relic of a time before time. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Not that I’m thinking about it, if the SS86 Optimus Prime toy is well received by the consumers and the fan base, he might make a good candidate for a G2 style Optimus Prime based on the G2 redeco of G1 Optimus with darker colors and a Black Trailer.

20. rexemuwu

rexemuwu A nightmare opponent powered by pure hate

Damn it, Hasbro. I was hoping you would do PMOP and apex with parts to convert him into Marvel PMOP for the 40th anniversary.

• Like Like x 3