2022 screening vs Official (SPOILERS)

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Cyborgraptor, Jun 7, 2023.

1. Dmhead

Dmhead Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I wished the Scourge grey charactization wasn't cut. We got hints of that in the movie and I felt a bit bad for him when Unicron tortured him.

• Like Like x 8
  2. baggzey23

baggzey23 psn - baggzey23

News Credits:
    Yeah that does sound like an edgy bay scene, could've kept everything in before that though

• Like Like x 4
  3. Yodoswaginz

Yodoswaginz Well-Known Member

Tbh most of these sound like changes for the better. It's a shame Scourge wasn't given more nuance, but I guess Optimus Prime mercing him the way he did would add a level of moral ambiguity (which maybe they wanted to avoid).

Also I really would have liked to see that scene with Transit, it sounds sick. It also would have added some exposition re why the Autobots are stuck, which I found quite strange. I suppose they probably cut it to avoid confusing the general audience (having two sets of bad guys would probably be too much to handle).

• Like Like x 3
  4. jungle penguins

jungle penguins Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    • Like Like x 3
  5. Sloppymus

Sloppymus Well-Known Member

Ok, i saw alot of people hoping for the sence of Optimus crashed Scourge, but how about this one.
    images (59).jpeg

Can anyone confirm that Pablo did have a battle mode before the final version or not?

• Like Like x 4
  6. baggzey23

baggzey23 psn - baggzey23

News Credits:
    Just ears no faceplate, I hope he gets a do over in the next movie after they got his design perfect in bumblebee

• Like Like x 3
  7. jungle penguins

News Credits:
    Say do you recall this scene at all? From a script page thing. Also I guess Reek had a different name at one point. Transformers: Rise of the Beasts Set Photos - Possible First Look at Mirage Porsche Alt Mode

• Like Like x 1
  8. Sloppymus

Sloppymus Well-Known Member

Sorry, i mean his battle car mode

• Like Like x 1
  9. Minibots

Minibots Greetings

• Like Like x 3
  10. Cyborgraptor

Cyborgraptor Well-Known Member

Wheeljack didn't have any form of mask or ears in my cut at all. Hell, in half the scenes the glasses weren't even present yet.

• Like Like x 2
  11. Cyborgraptor

• Like Like x 3
  12. Shadow25

Shadow25 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    @Cyborgraptor sorry if this has been asked / mentioned already, but were most of the voices in the test screening scratch / non-final or were they the final film voices?

I remember reading that TFP Arcee's VA Sumalee Montano may have done the scratch track for ROTB Arcee but I'm not sure if there's any validity to that.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Cyborgraptor

Oh yeah! Now I can't be 100% sure since there was no credits, but from who I recognized:

Optimus, Primal, Battletrap, Transit, Stratosphere, and Rhinox had there casted voices. Make sense since they're all voice actors who do this for a living. As for Arcee, I was pretty confident that she was Sumalee Montano. She had some screams and lines that sound JUST like Prime Arcee.

The one that I'm only somewhat confident with is that Tom Kenny voiced Wheeljack in my cut. If you've seen the cartoon Xiaolin Showdown, he sound like his character, Raimundo, with a more appropriate accent.

Anyone else was unrecognizable to me, but it wasn't the celebrities.

• Like Like x 8
  14. Shadow25

Shadow25 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Thank you! This is extremely helpful to know. Interesting how Ron Perlman was heavily involved from the outset. I know he was one of the very first casting announcements for the film, live actor or otherwise.

A little bummed Sumalee didn't remain as Arcee. Koshy did a perfectly good job, but for the size of role Arcee had (which was decent, but not huge), having that legacy casting could have instantly helped lend some additional weight to her. She acted very much like TFP Arcee in the movie too, at least moreso than other versions of Arcee.

• Like Like x 5
  15. midnightcityyy

midnightcityyy Well-Known Member

I'm kinda of wondering what happened there , like I have nothing against liza and from what I've heard so far I liked it and I'm beyond excited to fully hear how she does as arcee buuut unfortunately a tiny part of me is curious o_O 

• Like Like x 2
  16. CyberstormSM

CyberstormSM Turbo-Revvin' Young Punk

News Credits:
    YouTube (Custom URL):
    I kinda want them to release the lines Sumalee Montano did as Arcee, that'd be such a treat as someone who grew up on TFP.

• Like Like x 2
  17. Transmario

Transmario Well-Known Member

All these details of what got cut, what didn't, and even what got filmed and never used makes me wonder if the plot was ever better with less plot holes in the first place.

The battle in Cuzco from this, seemed to have just never been used. They filmed an entire sequence there and just went "Nah let's not use this" and threw it in the trash with no cgi work done or anything. What was the scene going to be? It was probably the most planned out, carefully executed scene they filmed so they had to at least been in the script and have a purpose. There's no way it was just Steven Caple Jr having fun filming on a whim. It had multiple set pieces and a sequence to it. What was this going to be and why was it scrapped so early on?

So that scene seems to have never been in the movie. There also doesn't seem to have ever been any explanation to
    how prime was able to kill Scourge so easily after he got his ass handed to him earlier
    if anything it was worse in the earlier version. I thought maybe a line from Unicron may have gotten cut to explain it but that doesn't seem to be the case it was just badly written.

The pacing in the film after the halfway point was something that felt off to me. Like the film was rushing to be over with as fast as possible. It felt like the Mario movie's pacing but that at least worked given that movie's simple plot. To me it felt like there were tons of scenes cut to shorten the movie but from this, that doesn't seem to have been the case either. Was this just another case of bad writing? There never was going to be a scene explaining
    how the Terrorcons got to Peru?
    It was always a plot hole?

I was hoping we would eventually see concept art for Airazor's robot mode but this makes me question if that art even exists given how there seems to have never been plans for her to transform in the movie.

The plot holes in this movie are bigger and more obvious than ones in the first 4 Bay films and its odd to see that they seem to have always been there from the beginning and seemed to have been worse if anything.

Was the development of this film a trainwreck behind the scenes? Could an explanation be given to the weird aspects of the movie? I hope we find out eventually why the film ended up how it did.

• Like Like x 1
  18. jungle penguins

News Credits:
    The script may just not be solid from the beginning. So they picked between 2 writers, and then after picking a draft they (whoever they is) added a writing duo, and then......added another pair of writers? All while the director is also changing the story to add Unicron, Terrorcons, New York, and then the whole ending sequences. A lot of writers for this movie.

As for cut scenes, it may just come down to editing it down. Movie was definitely meant to be 20 minutes longer at minimum, and also more darker.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Big Mo

Big Mo Banned

I don't see anything wrong with that, it's not like ROTF where Prime goes insane and fucking murders some dude for no reason by hooking out his head completely (and don't forget, killing someone by ripping out his heart and CRUSHING it).

In fact it's more humane for Prime to dump corpses in the water, tbh.

20. jungle penguins

News Credits:
    Was the ion blaster ever in the screening? The original axe and swords is pretty cool, wished that remained.

• Like Like x 2