2022 screening vs Official (SPOILERS)

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Cyborgraptor, Jun 7, 2023.

1. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    Nah, I disagree. Talking about alternatives, especially in terms of previous versions/drafts, gives us a point of comparison or analysis for what the 'official' story is. Yeah, it can get into headcanon/fanfic territory, but I think its really important to not treat the movies that came out as the only possible way the franchise could have been done.

I don't think they did the best thing for Scourge (I've explained my thoughts on one element a few posts up, but I agree the tragic backstory isn't the only option either - hell, make him a selfish clown who made a deal and got in over his head), but I think he does get some pretty choice (if generic) lines to play the heel in ROTB as you're hoping. Even more like that would have been nice. He ends up basically a nobody with very limited development so killing him off is more of a "*shrug* ok, I guess" situation than sacrificing a later pay off, but if he'd been built up a bit maybe he could have skulked in the shadows a few more films
    given Unicron isn't off the table

• Like Like x 6
  2. BlaminisPrime

BlaminisPrime Neighborhood cute boy

Twitter:
    It's not the only possible way it could've been done. but it IS what happened, we have to face that rather than moaning about what we think should have happened. cause then we're never happy.

idk. in the end. I like when he's like "wait WAIt, didnt i kill you already?!" its funyyyy

• Like Like x 2
  3. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    We don't have to be happy with it, accepting that its the reality, sure, but I can hold whatever grudge I want about the contents of the films, lol. Lookin at you, dragchute fart joke from ROTF instead of making one about the SR-71 leaking fuel when not in flight...

• Like Like x 2
  4. BlaminisPrime

Twitter:
    There is no like, conspiracy that the studio wanted to fuck Caple over, there's no big change in development like Bumblebee. Movies just change when they're made, every movie, every time. The director's first idea is almost never the vision that is put on the screen. Remember the deleted scene of the Tosche Station from A New Hope? If that movie were made today, and we learned about that, everyone would be complaining about how it should've stayed in and that the director's vision was smushed.

But we know better, we know ANH is pretty much as George intended. So why are we so quick to feel betrayed when any other movie has deleted or changed things? That's just how this works

• Like Like x 5
  5. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout ...and I'll whisper "No."

News Credits:
    Which would be dumb. Unicron is in no position to kill the only dude actually still helping him since the other two terrorcons died.

That doesn't mean Scourge had to die right then and there. They're clearly aiming to make sequels to this so why couldn't Scourge just eat it in a later film? Or, better yet, have Bumblebee who isn't even dead anymore do the killing blow on Scourge in revenge in a later film.

The lack of investment in the villains continues to be the weak point of the Transformers films and one Paramount obviously has no intention of actually resolving.

• Like Like x 3
  6. BlaminisPrime

Twitter:
    thats fine by me, i like seeing new guys every time. I think it's a little funny when in Movies specifically the villain gets away, like when count dooku escapes in his ship, it's silly

7. BigRed

BigRed Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    There is no reason to keep Scourge alive. He was not an interesting character and he had no dynamic with anyone other than being generally nasty and evil. He was just a sadistic thug.

8. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    He's still not that in the final movie, though.

I think it's more silly that the heroes consistently survive time and time again while the villains routinely die at the end of each film like clockwork. It's repetitive and boring, and makes me not want to care about what a villain is or does because I know they'll just be dead by the end, so it doesn't matter.

Using your example, if Dooku had just died in episode 2 what would that have accomplished? It would've shown that a Sith lord isn't that special and we wouldn't have had him as a villain during the Clone Wars, which is where the character was at his best. There also would've been no recompense in episode 3 where Anakin defeats and kills him, showing how both Anakin's power and negative emotions have grown.

See, villains can be useful if they survive their initial story. They can become more than just a generic obstacle.

• Like Like x 8
  9. Transmario

Transmario Well-Known Member

I think they at least should have kept the lines of Noah asking about the Scorponoks as it would have made it clear they were Predacons. As well as Cheetor saying "We're right behind you big bot!" As it is a nice reference to Beast Wars. Neither of them would have dragged the film down at all in my opinion so it's strange those got cut.

• Like Like x 5
  10. CyberstormSM

CyberstormSM Turbo-Revvin' Young Punk

News Credits:
    YouTube (Custom URL):
    Agreed on the second point but not the first; I think them being Predacons is kinda unnecessary information because it forces us to ask "what's a Predacon?" Like a general audience member doesn't know what they are, so they don't really need a name, we can just assume that they're Terrorcons.

• Like Like x 2
  11. Crazybarkz

Crazybarkz Well-Known Member

I really hope we get an extended cut wuth that opening. I think it would explain why prime is so downtrodded

• Like Like x 1
  12. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout ...and I'll whisper "No."

News Credits:
    Reminds me of the early TF Prime days where the biggest development for the longest time?

Knock Out and Breakdown being introduced. Because they didn't get killed off by the end of the episode like Makeshift and Skyquake.

• Like Like x 1
  13. renkencen

renkencen Seekers of the cheaper prices

News Credits:
    While I mostly understood why Optimus was depressed and angry of sort as he has a huge chip on his shoulder (they flee to Earth but he had no backup plan to go back to Cybertron) but that deleted scene at the start would of made ALOT more scene especially when he was shown a hologrom of excuted Autobots waiting for his return.

Not really keen on Arcee X Wheeljack shipped so I was ok with that being cut out. Also ok with the new ending we got as the whole Nemesis Prime was done already!

• Like Like x 2
  14. Maximal

Maximal Maximize!

This is so interesting. I hope they release an extended version of the movie with many of these scenes!

15. CyberstormSM

News Credits:
    YouTube (Custom URL):
    Maybe I missed it, but did Optimus ever have a plan to get back to Cybertron?

16. jungle penguins

jungle penguins Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Just getting the whole transwarp key and using that (convenient they were all in New York?). Beyond that there is seemingly no other way.

• Like Like x 1
  17. CyberstormSM

News Credits:
    YouTube (Custom URL):
    He probably should've thought that through a little bit more.
    "We'll travel to Earth and establish a base. Then, once we've regrouped and rebuilt, we'll return to Cybertron and take back our home!"
    "Okay! And how are we getting back home!"
    "...get to the stasis pods, NOW!"

• Like Like x 2
  18. renkencen

renkencen Seekers of the cheaper prices

News Credits:
    He never did as far as I know. Just seen poor planning that all they did was 1- Flee to Earth, 2- Stay hidden on Earth. 3- Profit???? Maybe I get if it was a rushed job given they had to flee but still, not good planning there.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Luke Stark

Luke Stark Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Well that is a lot of that was changed
    I don't know if we could get an alternate cut of the movie when it's released on Blu Ray

20. Autobot N

Autobot N Wants a Legacy Sunstorm

Wasn't the problem with Prime that the character models were super expensive and that's why they only had so many recurring characters on the show?