2022 screening vs Official (SPOILERS)

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Cyborgraptor, Jun 7, 2023.

1. AshleyCuadra

AshleyCuadra Tieria Prime

News Credits:
    not by much you know they should of chosen a different character like someone new and not old which was a waste of time look what’s happening now everything is going down hill because of it

• Like Like x 1
  2. jungle penguins

jungle penguins Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    No you definitely said "especially since in the comics she's been defined by her romantic relationships with women?". I'm a bit confused now but I guess you clarified your point.

I think Arcee in this movie is portrayed in a very sketchy way, even without the whole relationship thing. The comments on her being redesigned especially: "more endearing, feminine appearance" is very suspect. It's cookie cutter and I'm fine with it, but honestly I thought they were going past that. As terrible as Revenge of the Fallen Arcee was treated at least the robot design didn't receive that weird scrutiny (as far as we know).

• Like Like x 3
  3. TLK Barricade

TLK Barricade Keep calm and Hail Megatron.

Alright, I think I get what you're trying to say now. It was the way you phrased it last time that made me think you were being a hypocrite. Sorry about the misunderstanding. And I agree, whether she's with a man or another woman, Arcee shouldn't be just an "accessory" to that character. Writers need to focus on making her a character in her own right first, then they can pair her up with someone if they really want to, so long as they're treated as equals. Alternatively, they could simply not pair her up at all, at least not romantically. If someone wants their version of the character to stay single, that's fine, too. There's nothing wrong with a girl who just wants to be friends, right? Personally, I enjoyed seeing Arcee pal around with Grimlock in Cyberverse and wouldn't be opposed to seeing more of that.

Last edited: Jul 1, 2023
    • Like Like x 6
  4. Cyborgraptor

Cyborgraptor Well-Known Member

I don't remember the weapons really, though the axe may have been something similar? I personally remember the axe being the DOTM one, but it could have been an altered version. As for the autobot generics, they were version similar to the background generics in Bumblebee.

• Like Like x 3
  5. Dictionaryabot8407

Dictionaryabot8407 The man who knew too much

• Like Like x 4
  6. AngelOfDeath

AngelOfDeath Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Did the visuals look like these in your screening?

• Like Like x 4
  7. Tantotron

Tantotron Active Member

Twitter:
    Instagram:
    ~~Yo, these proto-designs are cool, I hope we get figures for them~~

~~Would be cool to get a figure for that Scourge design~~

But yeah, even mainline weaponizer? Arcee is darn accurate to her early visuals models. I hope Studio Series brings a deluxe Arcee that has the ROTB release design.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Primus Wept

Primus Wept Well-Known Member

I want to see a previs ROTB movie just as much as I want to see Avengers infinity war but it's just Josh Brolin in the Motion Capture suit

• Like Like x 3
  9. Dinobot Snarl

Dinobot Snarl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I think it was cut because of the major backlash regarding Wheeljack

• Like Like x 1
  10. 20thc3nturybl003s

20thc3nturybl003s Behold, my profile... of DOOM!

We already did.
    [​IMG]
    He's just as tall and lanky as the pre-vis design. Even the chains on his arms are on the exact same spots as well.

• Like Like x 6
  11. Tantotron

Tantotron Active Member

Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Oh lol, I should have used /jk? I thought the ~~ would have crossed a line through the text like reddit?

• Like Like x 2
  12. Cyborgraptor

Cyborgraptor Well-Known Member

Some of them are really familiar, but the scenes of the beast planet and Optimus being saved are new since they were added to the movie later. Maybe that was shown during the December screening?

• Like Like x 3
  13. zane1345

zane1345 Retired until TF:Reactivate

News Credits:
    God I miss some of the discussions that took place in the expecations thread. But here are some chats when with a mpc artist I had on reddit. MPC Also worked on the transit btw, so this means when WETA was handed over the job they had already decided to cut transit.
    Screen Shot 2023-09-26 at 1.39.55 AM.png Screen Shot 2023-09-26 at 1.40.03 AM.png

• Like Like x 1