2020 Winter Wonder Festival Information

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by PoweredConvoy, Feb 5, 2020.

1. Sanity Bleeds

Sanity Bleeds Well-Known Member

Having mostly only 3P offerings as a metric other than MP Cassettes, I kinda feel like the Targetmasters and Headmasters we've seen so far in MP scale aren't really much different at all from a majority of the minicon, micron, titanmaster, and battlemaster offerings up to now. I think as long as the MP releases keep the 5mm ports, regular minicons would work just fine as MP minicons as well.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Acteon

Acteon Overworked

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Great work @Gamerlingual, very jealous I couldn't attend myself this year (though working in Milan/Paris for two weeks so will get over it!)

I hope the materials are better on these, nd while I'm late to the Beast Wars MP game, I do like my Primal and BA figures. If they do a Silverbolt I might be in for that, but I think Tarantulas is more likely given his importance.

3. blaine71274

blaine71274 Recovering completist, recently fell off the wagon

The position of the chest is fine. It's what's under it that may be throwing everyone off. We live in an augmented world. Anatomically they are correct...naturally anatomical. The breasts are naturally anchored (tethered) at the shoulder and gravity does the rest.. Kind of like a grapefruit in a sock that is pinned at the shoulder. Sorry for the graphic interp. I'm an anatomy freak, art major. Now Blackarachnia is another story. But I kind of fear that maybe the "boob" debate may be everyone's personal preference. o_O 

4. Kaynowa

Kaynowa #MakeTransformersStupidAgain

News Credits:
    The slope doesn't start at her shoulders, though. It's a flat body with the bust piece extruding below her arms.

5. 4249david

4249david Click my avatar, you won't regret it...

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    This is part of the problem though. She's a robot, no boobs, no gravity to pull those boobs downwards.

I get they clearly represented boobs, that's obvious, but to try and change the design to somehow be anatomically human is silly. Her chest should be smaller and higher, because the toon model says so, not because of some retrospective sexualised concept

6. Memph99Q4Ev

Memph99Q4Ev Well-Known Member

Now this is Arcee! Again, sooo happy I didnt bite on the 3P offerings. Ocular Max's Iggy A. was good, but had its issues. FT Rouge was fine in bot mode, but the car mode was warped and ugly. On top of that, their bots are starting to scale too big as of lately. I wont even talk too much about that center-fold Arcee out there; what the f**k is that about?!?!

Cant wait to see the articulation. As far as the whole weirdly 30yr old virgin "chest" debate goes, I would advise to take a look at Generations Arcee. Same low boxy chest piece; I doubt this one will be much different regardless of who xforms it. Im sure someboby'll do a comparison at some point.

Amarda Prime as a MP?!? I dunno man, a lot of younger collectors were ready to burn down some shit in regards to MP44s trailer and price, and this is their Prime. I couldnt imagine this guy being any cheaper; in fact I would peg it as more expensive as his trailer actually xforms as a part of him. Also, Amarda Prime's articulation was crap when he came out; sorry fans but it was for the entire line (except for Unicron). At least they had a bomb-ass run, right?!? If they were to fix the shitty articulation by making him an MP, I couldnt imagine him being less than MP44, and he absolutely cannot be without his trailer. May wanna stick him as Generations to avoid the craziness....

• Like Like x 2
  7. Robogeek28

Robogeek28 Proud grandpa

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    At least they're not bags of sand...

• Like Like x 1
  8. Smitty.1981

Smitty.1981 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    "I like seeing new MP figures, especially the thing they use that one time in one episode. I wonder that Tigatron's and Arcee's will be?" He said trying to get the thread off the topic off Arcee's roboobs.

• Like Like x 2
  9. octobotimus

octobotimus Bad company ruins good morals

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    You mean the one people aren’t allowed to talk about anymore because they are scared of females?

• Like Like x 3
  10. Kaynowa

Kaynowa #MakeTransformersStupidAgain

News Credits:
    Arcees her goggles, for sure. Tigatron I know nothing about. Did Cheetor even come with one?

11. Smitty.1981

News Credits:
    I would be willing to bet Arcee's goggles are built into her head. Cheetor came with the long range com link that he used and then broke in the third episode. Arcee could come with the Junkion bike flipping bar, other than that all I can come up with is a clipboard, because all Japan knew to do with her was make he a secretary.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

12. samisham

samisham Well-Known Member

"We call them surprise mechanics."

• Like Like x 2
  13. 4249david

4249david Click my avatar, you won't regret it...

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Fixed :p 

• Like Like x 1
  14. Smitty.1981

News Credits:
    That's not how I remember the dub...

• Like Like x 2
  15. Sanity Bleeds

Sanity Bleeds Well-Known Member

Are you trying to get this thread locked? We don't mention the one who shall not be mentioned here.

• Like Like x 2
  16. Shizuka

Shizuka Optimus Prime's Scriptor

News Credits:
    Those shows are made for adults while tokusatsu is aimed (mostly) at children - the main audience for Transformers. And I wouldn't discount the power of tokusatsu either as they are also continuous advertisements for the toys, so kids can recreate playing as the hero.

They're not following the toon model, that's been established. And this also highlights a problem with western attitudes concerning female body types; bigger doesn't mean sexualized, and yet there's been a movement to make fictional less voluptuous e.g. Lara Croft or the women of Mortal Kombat.

Artists create bustier women sometimes to sexualize women, but the assumption is disingenuous, as many artists design busty characters just because they prefer that body type or because it works with the design. I could just as well say that some people were opposed to Nicee because they sexualize small-breasted women. The statement would be equally absurd. If anything, a designer would emphasise Arcee's chest and hips to make her distinctive as a female character.

Last edited: Feb 10, 2020
    • Like Like x 3
  17. Phenotype

Phenotype Well-Known Member

Do you think it’s unreasonable to not want to hear about people’s dicks on a toy forum?

• Like Like x 1
  18. octobotimus

octobotimus Bad company ruins good morals

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    I think it’s unreasonable to assume people are serious when they post that on a toy forum.

• Like Like x 3
  19. samisham

samisham Well-Known Member

It's certainly less boring.

20. Phenotype

Phenotype Well-Known Member

I don't know what gave you that impression, I never once imagined he was actually serious.