2019 Fan Vote

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by DanC, Dec 3, 2019.

1. Fenrys

Fenrys Formerly Tigatron2002

News Credits:
    so sayeth a troll :crazy: :lol 

• Like Like x 5
  2. Red Tracks

Red Tracks Well-Known Member

Exactly.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Fenrys

News Credits:
    "the anti-G1 trolls will vote for that, over any more deserving G1 characters, just to spite G1. So, just remember, if you hate G1, you are the reason that non-G1 lines are not in the poll. Don't blame Hasbro. Don't blame G1 fans. Blame yourself."

at least i can admit i was trolling the vote, what exactly are you looking to gain by making such a fracical post?

• Like Like x 1
  4. AOEGalvatronRox

AOEGalvatronRox Collector

News Credits:
    Once again, the victim complex of the portion of the fanbase that nearly has an entire brand catering to them never ceases to amaze me.

Whoops. I should be careful. I’m getting off topic.

• Like Like x 6
  5. Red Tracks

Red Tracks Well-Known Member

You think I have a victim complex? Go read the Beast Wars fans posts, LOL!

• Like Like x 2
  6. AOEGalvatronRox

AOEGalvatronRox Collector

News Credits:
    You’re the one ranting about how, if folks don’t join in on the “G1 good. Everything else bad” circlejerk, they just straight up hate G1. Also, G1 fans haven’t done a lot to prove they don’t have victim complexes for the last twenty years. It’s amazing to see a generation that has become well known for whining and complaining constantly (not to mention pretty much crapping on anything that doesn’t remind them of the glory days of their childhoods) so much act like they and the show they grew up with are constantly persecuted.

And I wouldn’t argue that folks who would simply like to see the Transformers they grew up with get some decent Generations figures have “victim complexes”. By that logic, a lot of folks who grew up with the non-G1 shows and would like to get decent figures of characters from those shows all have “victim complexes”.

• Like Like x 8
  7. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    I think people are just tired of the repetition. The same characters over and over gets stale, and with over thirty years of history it seems small minded to only focus on one.

• Like Like x 16
  8. HeroicC300

HeroicC300 Chats with Artists

News Credits:
    I actually love G1. My issue does not stem from trolling, but growing up watching multiple series and now wondering 'where are they?' I do not get to see various characters return, because the name is applied to a G1 character no one uses, or it difficult to work in somehow. To me, the definitive Scattorshot is the Cybertron guy, and I am fine with 'Pure 84' if that means the mold is not cast in Optimus/Bumblebee/Ratchet/Ironhide/One other guy for the main cast and we get the ensemble, and colorful characters who do not get along perfectly.

If I hadn't voted for Hauler, it would've been Brawn, because I think Brawn is an awesome character. Or Huffer, Trailbreaker, Gears, Mirage, Bluestreak... the guys who aren't first in line for a new story or toyline. THAT is my issue. I grew up with the Transformers multiverse and want it back.

• Like Like x 7
  9. Fast_Draw

Fast_Draw Pretender

News Credits:
    I voted for Sideswipe and Siege Jetfire.

• Like Like x 1
  10. misfire19d

misfire19d Not a writer. Not an illustrator. Just a fan.

I’ll reread the Marvel and Dreamwave runs every six months or so. Those stories never get old.

• Like Like x 2
  11. Novaburnhilde

Novaburnhilde Lord High Governor

News Credits:
    Hauler? I BARELY KNOW'ER! :lolol :lolol :lolol :lolol :lolol :lolol :lolol 

It's nice that he's at least being considered despite appearing literally one time with the wrong color.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Fenrys

News Credits:
    It’s the figure that has the wrong color considering hauler was going to be the original name of grapple until he got held back to the second year

• Like Like x 2
  13. Novaburnhilde

Novaburnhilde Lord High Governor

News Credits:
    Oh, huh. My mistake.

14. Fenrys

News Credits:
    Yea, the single appearance of hauler in the cartoon predates the toy by 19 years

15. grindcore138

grindcore138 ARF ARF!!!

News Credits:
    Sure, that's the only reason the likes of Waspinator, Optimus Primal and Barricade won previous Hall of Fame votes, not because more people sincerely liked those characters enough to vote for them over the other nominees, but because every single one wanted to "troll G1 fans"...

• Like Like x 9
  16. Moonminer

Moonminer Moonminer

dude WHAT. anti g1 trolls?! are you ok? look. people can be silly, but not THAT silly. have you considered that maybe...i dunno..people want something new? and not the same old crap? we had 35+ years of g1. i like the gang as much as anyone else, but its been getting old for three decades now. its seriously time to move on. also, people want new toys and not a million versions of stuff we had before. if people want gears or something, they could settle for igear or that generations one. we never had freakin hauler. g1 will never freakin die so you can rest at night. but let others have their fun too.

• Like Like x 2
  17. SG Roadbuster

SG Roadbuster SG Wrecker

News Credits:
    Exactly.
    I don't hate G1 but I'm getting sick of the 84 lineup. Optimus, bee, lambos, datsuns, seekers, Soundwave, tapes, shockwave, Megatron.

Meanwhile, dozens of characters, whose only sin was being released after 1986 are ignored.
    Sure, Titans return was an absolute gold mine, but that was almost four years ago.

It is my greatest hope, that with the next TF reboot. Hasbro leaves the majority of the 84 cast in the toy box. Maybe instead of rehashing the seekers again, they can use Spinister, Needlenose, and Quake. Those three give off some hella "team rocket" vibes. The kind of incompetent bungler trio that Windblade, Bumblebee, and a new character can thwart the schemes of every saturday morning in 22 minute increments.

• Like Like x 7
  18. Applejacktimus

Applejacktimus Still see the Sunshine

Voted Cliffjumper for '84 because I think he's the most memorable S1 bot that hasn't been in the HoF yet, and Springer for Siege because he's just so dynamic and fun to transform. Fully support the Hauler+Hot Shot notion though because yeah, they're literally restricting votes to '84 cartoon only bots and an extremely G1-centric toyline this year. :redface2: 

19. Operative294

Operative294 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    • Like Like x 14
    • News Credit News Credit x 1
  20. Berser Car

Berser Car Cryptid member

Tumblr:
    Now to wait for the poll of the other categories. I want to vote for RacknRuin for favorite Cyberverse character, and Scrapmetal as favorite Studio Series 2019 toy.

• Like Like x 2