2018 is a very good year....

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by ultramagnus1, Aug 6, 2018.

1. ultramagnus1

ultramagnus1 Well-Known Member

....for tf figures. I really mean that. Its been a good year as we reach the 8th month for me . Grant it not every figure has been stellar but the batting average has been very good. We completed the potp dynos, we got updated terrorcons, we got an updated optimus primal, a crazy Lemmy lookalike in rodimus unicronus, an official elita-1 among others. I've loved virtually all we have gotten in the potp line. We got studio series from hasbro and movie best from takara. We finally got a leader blackout a really nice rotf Megatron and a really good lockdown from aoe. Movie best tlk nemesis prime is in my top 5 figures of all time.

It really has been good. And its not over yet. Some of us got the predacons, I'm still waiting but man an updated predaking. Its not perfect but its still looks great. So yeah I'm a happy fan even if this could be my last year collecting.

Till all are one my tf collecting friends

• Like Like x 7
  2. Chris Bot

Chris Bot AutoChrisbot

News Credits:
    Amen, brotherbot.

3. WishfulThinking

WishfulThinking "Don't touch it! It's Zvil!"

News Credits:
    It's okay. But it's pretty hard to beat 2016-2017 in my opinion. I don't think we'll see anything as awesome as those two years combined.

• Like Like x 7
  4. Prime Noble

Prime Noble Well-Known Member

Agreed. I much prefer Titanmasters to Primemasters and the useless glyphs.

• Like Like x 3
  5. Lazerwave

Lazerwave My Most Prized Treasure

News Credits:
    2018 was a good year for me because I got these 2 dream figures come true.
    2018 dream figures.jpg

• Like Like x 8
  6. WishfulThinking

WishfulThinking "Don't touch it! It's Zvil!"

News Credits:
    Not only that but we were also treated to all the Combiner Wars collection packs in 2016. Between January 2016 and December 2017, everything was glorious.

2018 feels like leftovers. Overdue leftovers...but still leftovers.

• Like Like x 6
  7. worldsgreatest

worldsgreatest Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    No it hasn't.

• Like Like x 3
  8. lordcryotek

lordcryotek Well-Known Member

While my year has otherwise been a complete dumpster fire full of death and just god-awful petty bullshit, Transformers has been the one good thing going for me this year. MP Soundwave, Feral Rex, Terrorcons, Tarantulas, Trypticon, Terradive, MP Thundercracker, and Battletrap. Lotta 'T' guys in there.

• Like Like x 3
  9. Houstonian Prime

Houstonian Prime skilled tradesman

News Credits:
    it has been a good yr. my generations highlights have been rounding out legends class autobot mini-cars, potp dinobots & terrorcons, and a HG universe 2.0 sideswipe, ooh and amazon repugnus.. as for movie stuff studio series has been really good to me, especially movie 1 jazz, brawl, blackout. but looking back, wow! I have spent a lot of money this yr. between rounding out TLK, all of potp (including duplicate dinobots and prime masters) then all of studio series, oh and throw in some RID stuff. fortunately getting a break with the cyberverse line. still not too sure about siege either. seems to be combiner wars all over again (as far as characters) I fear hasbro is stuck in a loop where only certain mainline characters get "the treatment" I wish they'd focus more on continuity, but I guess that doesn't please the shareholders. I swear they must be doing extensive market research to figure out how they can keep us buying figures yr 'round. and it's working. therefore 2018 has been a busy yr as far as collecting, but well worth it. I'm so pleased with my collection right now, in fact it makes me happy. here's to 2019!

10. ultramagnus1

Are you from Ireland sir?

11. Dachande

Dachande Janitor. Moderator TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Yeah, I agree.
    It's nice that there are so many options available and many are enjoying the year, but I haven't been all that enamored with it as far as TF's go.
    Didn't care for PotP aside from Slash and the Terrorcons, Studio Series' outside of Lockdown and the Cyberverse line doesn't interest me.

• Like Like x 2
  12. worldsgreatest

worldsgreatest Well-Known Member

News Credits:

Agreed. I can't remember the last year where I've spent so little. I really like all of the Legends that came out this year and the Terrorcons. Outside of that the rest is nothing, dust, ash...

I did just get MP Dinobot which is a pretty cool thing though.

• Like Like x 1
  13. atomD21

atomD21 Not made of sterner stuff...

This year has been pretty good for me! Liking a good amount of the PoTP stuff, and like all of the Studio Series stuff released so far! Cyberverse holds zero interest for me, but that will free up money to start collecting some more G1 figures!

14. Edwardmus Prime

Edwardmus Prime Righteous Protector of Ed-Land

It hasn't, especially in comparison to the past two years. A year starting with a set of characters being confirmed to never be getting toys is already setting a bad precedence.

But the year has been one dominated by a set of toys frail, encumbered by gimmicks (POTP "Evolution"), with dopey gimmicks (Prime Masters) and overly expensive (Studio Series — many are very small for their charge.) Keep in mind that there are plenty of toys in the year and from these lines mentioned that I enjoy, but that doesn't necessarily make the year good, keeping these things into account. Rodimus Unicronus, for example, would likely have been better without having to accommodate for a smaller Hot Rod in transformation and without partsforming.

15. GoldDeadEnd

GoldDeadEnd Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Haha, thinking of referring to Rodimus Unicronus as "Orgasmatron."

16. ultramagnus1

The Ron Jeremy of transformers

17. NotRamjet97

NotRamjet97 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Geez that just screams the TF fandom, doesn't it? "I think it was a pretty good year-" "No it wasn't because last year was better!"

And... I'm sorry, no. Last year was NOT better. The distribution was wretched, and unlike POTP wave 2, we didn't get a restock, heck barely a first chance, to get stuff like Titans Return wave 6, and most of the TLK deluxes past wave 2 (pretty sure RID15 had some issues but I don't follow that line). Studio Series is the line we've been asking for for years and I personally find POTP to be way more fun than Titans Return. (I didn't even mention how many Beast Wars and Movie MPs we got.)

And even then it's kinda pointless comparing the two. He just said "Hey I think this was a good year" not "This was the best year in a long while!" or "Best year EVER" or anything. How is 2018 NOT a good year? I guess it wasn't great if you solely collect G1 MP, but other than that... yeah, it's been a fun year.

Last edited: Aug 7, 2018
    • Like Like x 6
  18. Matt_M

Matt_M Snarkabot

News Credits:
    Glad that you're enjoying it. I hope next year is even better.

19. Neko-bot77

Neko-bot77 Cybertronian Kitty

News Credits:
    We FINALLY got the Blast Off we should have gotten a long time ago! But the waiting and frequent abuse of the F5 button made this a huuuuuge stress/anxiety mess too.... But there he is on my shelf, properly combined with the rest of the team :) 

20. smf2045

smf2045 Aficionado of Combiners

News Credits:
    I think 2018 has been a pretty decent year for TF collectors. The only years that I've spent as much money as this year were 2013 with Thrilling 30th and 2015 with Combiner Wars.

20180807_224600.jpg