2016 Beast Wars 20th Anniversary Toys- What do you want to see?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Shin Densetsu, Jun 14, 2014.

1. Shin Densetsu

Shin Densetsu I WILL DESTROY YOU Content Contributor Veteran

News Credits:
    Next year is the 20th anniversary of Beast Wars. Holy crap it's been. That. Long.

Anyways what do you want to see? For generations we got some cool figures of Rhinox, Rattrap and arguably Tankor. While many beast wars figures have aged well IMO, there are some that deserve redoes.

So list what new figures you would like to see, as well as older figures you'd like to see repainted and rereleased!

For me:

New Cheetor
    New Tigatron repaint of Cheetor with new head
    Polar Claw reissue
    Scorponok reissue
    New Terrorsaur
    New voyager Dinobot(in the show his bot mode was as big as primal and Megatron!)
    Optimal Optimus reissue
    Transmetal 2 Megatron reissue
    Rampage reissue
    Magmatron reissue

2. combaticon164

combaticon164 Warlord of Floriduh

A couple of friends and I were talking about this topic today. We def need a new Dinobot as Rattrap is now almost the same size. A new Primal would be nice as well.

3. Onslaught24

Onslaught24 Ayo Fryman. That uh, that's highly illogical. Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Instagram:
    Wasn't much of a fan of BW but I would love to see Torca made from either Universe Onslaught or from Rhinox.

4. King Kaiser

King Kaiser BEARS!!!!

Pretty much what Shin said.

I also want a Packrat as a repaint of Rattrap.

5. Starscream Gaga

Starscream Gaga Protoformed This Way

News Credits:
    Voyager Primal
    Voyager Dinobot
    Deluxe Cheetor (New mold)
    Deluxe Blackarachnia

Please and thank you! I'd say that all the best Predacons already have pretty excellent figures. It'd be hard to top Metals Megatron and Tarantulas! But you're welcome to try Hasbro!

6. Shin Densetsu

News Credits:
    I think it's time for a new Silverbolt and I think a voyager new mold Transmetal RHINOX would be bad ass

7. Lazerwave

Lazerwave My Most Prized Treasure

News Credits:
    Deluxe Scorponok
    Voyager or Deluxe Terrorsaur
    Voyager Dinobot

8. Scar04c

Scar04c Big Game Hunter

Twitter:
    Instagram:
    I'd like to see what you mentioned, and some nice redoes, but more than anything I'd love to see the launch of a Beast Wars Masterpiece-style line. Show characters, in a proper scale, with accurate modes. Sure, we can accomplish this to an extent with many existing figures and a few new ones, but imagining an Optimus Primal the size of MP10, with the line scaled to him, would be stellar.

9. Fallout

Fallout Banned

News Credits:
    the original inferno with show accurate head paint, flamethrowers and opaque plastic.

10. Shin Densetsu

News Credits:
    New RAVAGE using a new Cheetor mold retooled.

11. Buzzclaw

Buzzclaw Combatibot

Ebay:
    Honestly, a reissue of Optibatimus Primal (with the fixed shoulders of Onyx/Convobat) and Gatormegs would probably be the most fitting release, even if it probably wouldn't sell well.

I also desperately want a Mutant Soundwave in non-disintegrating plastic but that's an impossibility.

12. Leemaster777

Leemaster777 Junkion

Ebay:
    Blackarachnia is the one most in need of a new toy. All the others from season 1 either have decent toys, or already had new toys to fix them.

Blackarachnia's first toy was a lame Tarantulas repaint that didn't even look like her. To this day, we STILL haven't gotten a really screen-accurate season 1 Blackarachnia, and we definitely need it.

13. ssjkazer

ssjkazer mr dyslexia

News Credits:
    Voyager inferno
    Deluxe blackaracnia
    Transmet megatron non gps
    Voyager optimusprimal
    Voyager megatron
    Deluxe terrasaur

Whos not likely at all to get a toy at cheetor, dinobot, rinox, rattrap

14. Verno

Verno Beast Wars Collector

News Credits:
    The focus has to be the Season 1 characters. There are 14 of them, which would provide a good mix of the two main size classes.

Voyager Optimus Primal
    Voyager Megatron
    Voyager Dinobot
    Voyager Rhinox
    Voyager Inferno

Deluxe Cheetor
    Deluxe Tigatron
    Deluxe Rattrap
    Deluxe Airazor
    Deluxe Tarantulas
    Deluxe Waspinator
    Deluxe Scorponok
    Deluxe Terrorsaur
    Deluxe Blackarachnia

Each is deserving of a new Generations-style remake, but some are more likely to be done than others.

On top of the list has to be a Deluxe Blackarachnia. She's up for the Hall of Fame this year, against some stiff competition, but I believe she's in with a good chance to get in. If so, this only boosts her case for a new toy. It could then be retooled into a Tarantulas later down the track.

Next would have to be a Voyager Dinobot and a Deluxe Terrorsaur. With the new movie featuring the Dinobots so prominently, dinosaur toys are going to be popular with the kids so give them some realistic looking ones.

After those, perhaps start with the leaders, then work your way through the remainder, but make sure that Cheetor isn't just a plain repaint of Tigatron or vice verse. The two are vastly different.

15. Superquad7

Superquad7 OCP Police Crime Prevention Unit 001 Super Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    A voyager Dinobot would be the single Beast Wars figure I'd ever be interested in.

16. Vaikyuko

Vaikyuko Transmetal

For S2/3, I think most of the toys hold up pretty well. Some, like Quickstrike, could possibly use redos because of the plastic used (translucent isn't show-accurate, after all), but mileage may vary, I wouldn't cry a river if I never had a more accurate Quickstrike.

But I think the focus does need to be season 1 as others have said. We never have gotten a proper Blackarachnia, and we need proper scale / detail versions of Optimus Primal and Megatron in particular. Throw in a few others like a new Dinobot, Cheetor, and hopefully new Terrorsaur and Scorponok, and I'd be a happy camper. Honestly, just about anything BW would make me happy at this point.

17. shiftypenguin

shiftypenguin Fancy-Pantsless Dancer

News Credits:
    Honestly, since Takara is already rereleasing Optimus Primal, I'd just want to see a decent Cheetor (I'd settle for a slight remold of the CHUG one with corrected feet and his gun) and maybe Tarantulus.

18. BScorpinok75

BScorpinok75 Squadron X #1 Consultant

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Deluxe Blackarachnia would be nice

19. TrueNomadSkies

TrueNomadSkies Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Exactly. While her TM2 toy was pretty cool, that was never really her definitive form in the show, and I think it'd be hella cool to see her (along with Terrorsaur) get an update. Waspinator, Rattrap & Rhinox had pretty shitty season one toys and they were the first ones to get done in the new line, so I think Hasbro's heading in that direction.

As far as Dinobot, I think the season 1 toy was pretty cool, but scale wise he's one of the guys that could definitely use an update, and lets face it. He's one of the more popular characters out there, and especially given the Dinobot present in the movies, his namesake is that much stronger right now, which much like with Grimlock (pretty sure that's why we're getting so much of him), really could make for a good cross selling marketing move. Like somebody mentioned above, Terrorsaur could benefit in the same way, and there could even be a blue one named Straife or something (like is already beign done for that basic toy repaint) for the same reasons.

20. TFormerfan

TFormerfan Maximal

isnt the anniversary in 2016?