2011 Spring New transformers PICS!

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by hschell0002, Jul 30, 2010.

1. Blackdrop

Blackdrop Well-Known Member

Finally some Pictures!!!

Jazz- Looks awesome

Perceptor- First glance I wasn't too cool with how big his chest was. Looking closer it seems that since the picture is so dark it's making it rather difficult to tell where his chest ends and his backpack begins. I'll reserve judgment until we see some higher quality photos.

Thunderwing- I'm a little worried about feet hanging off the back of the jet mode, but, as with a lot of these pictures, it might be just a mis-transformation.

Scourge- Awesome, but his arms look a little wonky, but that's probably just another mis-transformation.

Tracks- I don't know. Something just seems... off about his robot mode. Though the switchblade he seems to be wielding is a cool, albeit frightening and unexpected, touch.

Windcharger- Looks good.

Grapple- I'm not entirely thrilled by the crane being on his arm, but it's the universe Inferno mold, so can go too wrong there.

Lugnut- Has gotta be mis-transformed. His torso is way to far away from his hips.

G1 Legends- Goldbug I'm not too impressed by, but the rest seem good, especially Megatron.

PCC- Both sets look awesome. Probably the only 5-Packs I'll get.

All around thoughts: Spring can't get here fast enough.

2. Thenames9

Thenames9 D-d-d-d-duel!

News Credits:
    Shite, absolute shite. Jazz looks ok, Perceptor is disappointing, Scourge's vehicle mode looks like Skystalker with boosters, Tracks looks like a pile of crap. For once PCCs are the ones I'm looking forward to most. TBH I think the G1 interpretations are better than these Generations figures

3. MekaGojira3k

MekaGojira3k Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    So much awesome. I want Perceptor, Jazz, Thunderwing, Lugnut, and the Dinosaur Combiner. :)  As per usual Hasbro's non-movie stuff is 110% more appealing than movieline.

4. Bumblethumper

Bumblethumper old misery guts

News Credits:
    Wow, after all the hype these are surprisingly lacklustre.

The second surprise is just how good those legends are.

5. Jazz-Bot

Jazz-Bot Autobot Reconnaisance

0_0....

:in his best Orange Lantern voice: MINE!!!! I must have them all!

6. guard convoy

guard convoy The Big Daddy

News Credits:
    wrong, it is g1 perceptor, the vehicle is just based on the animated alt mode

7. Swoop Dogg

Swoop Dogg Hi Yukio!

News Credits:
    Man, I was really pumped up for Lugnut when I heard about him from the Botcon attendees. Now, after seeing these pics, I am let down big time.

Last edited: Jul 30, 2010
  8. Bumblethumper

News Credits:
    I dunno about that. Movieline's always been my least favourite, but Highbrow, Terradive and Tomahawk all look better to me.

9. SupremeGrimlock

SupremeGrimlock Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Must have all!

10. Rijie78

Rijie78 Vinyl junkie.

News Credits:
    Pretty underwhelming, only Legends Starscream and Scout Windcharger stand out for me. Jazz & Tracks look, respectively, basic & clunky - and what is going on with their vehicle modes? Very strange.

Admittedly, these are not the best pictures we'll see - but first impression is that these Deluxe designs generally look like a step backwards from where we were with Sunstreaker, Prowl or Cyclonus in the Universe 2.0 stuff.

Interesting to see Legends Megs in a more G1 cartoon colour scheme, and transforming into a fairly normal-looking gun. Points scored for that, a nice nod to the original.

11. Bumblethumper

News Credits:

Windcharger and the legends class are particularly awesome. I didn't expect to like them so much better than any of the deluxes.

12. Swoop Dogg

Swoop Dogg Hi Yukio!

News Credits:
    I feel EXACTLY the same way. I couldn't have said it better. Please let these be horrible pictures with the figures being mistransformed.

I agree Rijie78 - these Deluxe designs generally look like a step backwards from where we were with Sunstreaker, Prowl or Cyclonus in the Universe 2.0 stuff.

Last edited: Jul 30, 2010
  13. thenatureboywoo

thenatureboywoo Veteran

News Credits:
    Aside from Thunderwing, all these things are awesome! Grapple is fantastic. Scourge's headsculpt from what I can see by the pic is awesome. Tracks is better than I thought he would be.

14. G1Jetfire

G1Jetfire Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    So very happy that the Classics/Universe line is continuing with this Generations line. Great move Hasbro!

15. jestermon

jestermon Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Man now I'm glad I skipped that "g1" painted Thundercracker legends repaint.

Baby Prime will be mine, and hopefully I can get one for a black repaint.

It makes sense that they throw Bumblebee in there after Gold, no one knows who Goldbug is these days.

I love Scourge, he looks great in alt mode I had my doubts, I was thinking white stealth bomber with blue bits, but this is much much better.

The Thunderwing looks pretty nice, kind of like the custom some one did in Radicons.

Windcharger looks very neat, he can go by Alt Windcharger, who honestly looks like where they got the face sculpt from certainly not the original toy style head.

Jazz looks just liek he did on my G1 DVD last night, hopefully they will have "Night Ops" Jazz which will be Ricochet.

Perceptor looks great, wish I had the reissue, but this makes me glad I passed.

Tracks looks very nice too, wish they would have shown some of these guys "gimmicks" like Jazz's speakers of Track's wings.

Hopefully, I will see grapple more than I did Inferno.

I don't know what's goign on with Lugnut but he looks cool, if he was properly transformed it would be great.

And if anyone knows THE PCC WILL BE MINE, There's the constructicons, that's why the other 5 pack isn't even supposed to be construction vehicles.

And finally the Dinosaur robots that transform into a huge crazy spiked robot with kill arm, man I love that guy already, The core bot looks fantastic, kind of gives me a Zoids Redhorn fell, and god I hope they repaint that thing over and over.

The conehead is odd but may be a flap or somehting that isn't folded down right.

Man I have to get these.

16. Ethereal

Ethereal A Sad Flareon

I assume that Lugnut and Grapple will be in the HFTD line? Or will they be Generations figures?

Also, for those of you who saw these at Botcon, are they different images or are they the same as what you saw?

17. mechfiend

mechfiend Well-Known Member

Oh my god these all look awesome. Scourge!!

18. 46+2

46+2 Well-Known Member

That scourge will make me buy the roddy three pack. I don't care for PCcs. love this deluxe line up.

19. Thundershot

Thundershot Ratchet Fanatic

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Maybe it's because I'm on my iPhone, but Lugnut looks like a combo of his original and atomic colors...

Also, shouldn't there be pics of two PCC 2-packs?

Everything looks great. Can't wait to own them all.

20. Haloid1177

Haloid1177 Hey, That's Pretty Good

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Everything looks awesome. Jazz and Lugnut are the two highlights for me, though.