2011 it is

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Liselotte, Oct 1, 2009.

1. compute146

compute146 Well-Known Member

transformers 3

I too am a little worried, please please dont muck this one up, revenge of the fallen, although great in places was a huge let down, everyone was a comedian, massive plot holes,since when does megatron call anyone master??and most of all no character devolopment, less humans more chit chat between the bots please

2. Aigis

Aigis Anti Shadow Weapon TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Cool. Can't wait.

3. SKowl

SKowl Rubber Golem

Whatever happened to Bay taking a year off before doing another movie?

I guess when money talks, Bay is all ears.

4. General Magnus

General Magnus Da Custodes of the Emprah

Well, aren´t we all? :p 

5. Lord Ramulus

Lord Ramulus In a world of Wheelies, be a Kup.

i really dont need to see a robot humping a human or a decepticons "balls" again...those things def. took away from RotF...

6. SKowl

SKowl Rubber Golem

Maybe, but I think sometimes people can just be greedy. If I had the millions of dollars that Bay already has in the bank, I would prefer to take a vacation than to work my ass off just to add more money to my huge pile.

If you're Michael Bay, time off is harder to come by than money, which makes it more valuable.

7. Scantron

Scantron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Excellent, looking forward to it. The Movie toylines are my favorite TF toys and I'm glad to see the line is going to be continuing through at least 2012. As for the films themselves, I hope the lack of a writer's strike this time allows for some improvements to the script; I enjoyed RotF, but it was heavily flawed. The only downside I can see to all of this is another 2 years of listening to the Geewunners bitch.

That said, hopefully, Hasbro will also give some space to at least one other TF subline in the intervening years, maybe from Summer 2010 to late Spring 2011. Preferably Universe 3.0, assuming that isn't just being rolled into RotF (eg - Brakedown, Bludgeon, Lockdown) but anything would be fine to add some variety to the shelves.

8. SkyLinx

SkyLinx New Member

what do i gotta do for 2 years??? i cant wait that long.

9. BradTheMad

BradTheMad Well-Known Member

So we get to see TF 3 before the world ends in 2012...or maybe TF 3 will be the event that starts it all! This next installment will be so fought over by TF-fans that all the accumulated nerd-rage will rip apart our planet.

But seriously after the last one I'm not looking forward to it. Maybe that way, if I will see it, it might not be so bad because I'm not expecting anything.
    I still like the movie designs though so some new Decepticons will probably be added to my collection but I just hope that after this movie, focus will return to the other series.

10. webz

webz Banned

Ebay:
    Spider-Man 3, X3, POTC3, and Batman Forever were the biggest grossing movies of their franchise. That's all that matters to the film industry. If you'd pay $400 million dollars to see a movie about toothpicks dancing, Hollywood would make it in an instant, no matter how stupid it seems.

But even as "poor" as those movies seem to some people, they still have their merits. Spider-Man 3 had the most accurate origin story for a villain yet with Venom. The shallow character of Eddie Brock, the bitterness, the anger, the look, all there. X3 was horrible from a Dark Phoenix standpoint, but Beast was spot-on, and Kitty was finally getting decent screen time, and the action scenes were by far the best of the 4 films. Batman Forever was acclaimed by many reviewers for not taking itself as serious as the Burton films.

11. Poho

Poho That's MISTER Poho to you

News Credits:
    i'm optimistic because there probably isn't going to be another writer's strike. but at the same time, threequels do have a tendency to be lame despite their ridiculous box office grosses. i hope they take their time and think about having a really great story rather than just putting more and more robots in.

12. iceburn9

iceburn9 Constructicon

News Credits:
    Thats easy to say when you're not faced with such an opportunity. Are you seriously going to turn down the chance to make another 50 or 75 million?

And in the case of movie directors, they're doing something they love. Its not like the typical 9 to 5 day jobs which some of us dread, but are forced to do anyway to put food on the table.

Not many people would turn down the chance of earning so much money doing something they like. If I had a similar opportunity, I would grab it with both hands regardless of how tired I am.

13. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

I kind of know that feeling the only real interests I have in Transformers right now is watching some of the old series on DVD and watching the fans fight. This nothing but movie stuff era is really boring because the toys just don't appeal to me at all and Hasbro seems so unwilling to do anything that isn't movie related in some way.

Oh well maybe one of these days they will run the film franchise into the ground and we can get something on the shelves other than movie toys and maybe even a decently written cartoon series to bring back the old fun factor.

14. Slimaximus

Slimaximus Headmaster

News Credits:
    I'm kind of glad its coming so soon because once the movies are gone its back to normal Series

15. ED3DPRIME

ED3DPRIME Gobot

Bay wants to ship out TF3 before doomsday 2012 end of the world as we know it and i feel fine i.e REM

16. Eric

Eric VOTE.

News Credits:
    Who said I was gonna buy them again? If this movie actually does get good reviews, and if it makes up for Revenge of the Fallen, I really will be true to my word and sell them.

17. ganymede2010

ganymede2010 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Megan Fox got pwned!

18. Torque

Torque The WORDSMITH

News Credits:
  19. Spekkio

Spekkio Master of War

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    First: another Avengers movie? This will be the first - unless you're referring to the British TV show which has no relation to Marvel's Avengers.

Second: The Marvel films (Fantastic Four, Daredevil, Elektra Blade, The Punisher and Hulk) that you listed were, for the most part, successful in that they turned a fair profit and were generally well-received. For example, Incredible Hulk made a net profit of $110 million worldwide in theaters alone. That doesn't factor in DVD sales, soundtrack sales, toys, or other merchandise. No, that doesn't compare to Iron Man's blockbuster numbers - but a healthy profit is a healthy profit. (I won't dispute that Punisher: War Zone was a flop, but I don't think it was because of the character.)

Third: Most analysts believe that Disney's interest in buying Marvel is to add Marvel's box office money to their bottom line, while Marvel's interest is getting the financing they need to make more movies.

Fourth: Captain America, Thor, the Avengers (and whatever other properties that Marvel may bring to screen) have been around for a long time and have been pretty darn successful - or Marvel wouldn't still be around.Captain America is particularly iconic - and the Avengers includes Iron Man, who has already proven his box office mojo. So no, it's not "safe" to assume anything about Marvel's future movie prospects.

In conclusion, then, my point still stands - Paramount should seriously reconsider the timing of releasing Transformers 3 on July 1st, because at it stands, they risk TF3 and Captain America competing with each other. That doesn't make good business sense.

20. FMA1987

FMA1987 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I dont know how i feel about this i mean it is a good thing but still i dont want it to be too rushed