2011 in package pics

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by thielmj, Dec 18, 2010.

1. ZacharyBinx

ZacharyBinx Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    This. I don't care if these ship in Animorphs packaging. They're AWESOME, and I can't wait to find them.

2. PoweredConvoy

PoweredConvoy Randy

News Credits:
    You guys do realize it's like this so they can get as many Classics style figures out to us as possible? That's why both lines have Classics style figures and not limiting one line to such.

Randy

3. Opticron Primal

Opticron Primal Comin' up OOOs!

News Credits:
    Seriously. Why does there always have to be a problem? You're complaining because Hasbro's putting Classics type figures in two different lines? Really?

4. Teletran

Teletran Witty title not included

i can see their point. my walmart restocked ONLY hftd and not generations (yeah, my walmart is still on hftd...). i think if theyre broken up into two different lines, if one sells better than the other, then one will be restocked while the other pegwarms. so thats figures we cant get from one line

5. nOObiE do0

nOObiE do0 noobious maximus

I'd like to see a Cy-Kill repaint with a new head from Wreck-Gar.

6. Stune

Stune Well-Known Member

News Credits:

This.

I'll never understand why people complain about mixing the continuities in packaging. I mean really, once you take it out of the box does it really matter? It's clear that they're doing this so you, can keep eating up those classics figures while the general consumer just eats them up as more "Movie-Esque" figures. Hasbro continues to make money, while you continue to enjoy yourself. If I see another "Is Lugnut a Classics-Esque Figure?" thread I'm going to burst, because a lot of this stuff is what you make of it.

7. Quixote_Prime

Quixote_Prime is missed.

News Credits:
    ^ditto. The more Go-bots that show up, the better, I say. Where are you Generations Gobots Bubble-Man!

8. Angelwave

Angelwave Physical Maintenance.....

News Credits:
    Well that the point of the break-up though. With desirable figures in both lines, each one would sell well and we can have more figures come out at once instead of waiting around for future waves. Better to have six Classic figures come out around the same time, then have to wait for 3 waves to cycle through.

9. bellpeppers

bellpeppers A Meat Popsicle

News Credits:
    Well, you have to be ableto getthe figures first before you can enjoy them out of the package:

As much as I hate to say... this is pretyy valid. If I want to get some of the new CLASSICS, have to head across the street to TARGET.

Admittedly, this is more of a problem with Wal Mart than Hasbro packaging.

10. MrFX

MrFX Collecting never ends...

I hope they include plenty of Scourges in each Wave because I sense a LOT of troop-building in the future. In fact, Scourge (x3, at least) will be my first troop build.

11. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    I want all of them!!!!!!!!!!!!

12. SMOG

SMOG Vocabchampion ArgueTitan

Well, that was nice of them to create a whole new line JUST FOR US.

But seriously... it is a valid point. It has both advantages and drawbacks, distribution-wise. And I sincerely doubt that RTS was separated into a different line just to make G1 fans happy, but maybe it was so they could get some figures on the shelves faster, before the DOTM stuff starts taking over.

Practically speaking, I don't care. Give me the damn toys. In principle, RTS does seem to be sort of a random WTF... a misbegotten, gimmick-based lovechild of both HFTD and Generations.

Yeah, exactly... is an oldschool rubsign really enough of a gimmick to base a line on? :lol 

Yeah, it'd be nice to see more Scouts like Windcharger... it's what Bumblebee should have been from the beginning, though I will say that I love the Classics BB, apart from his awkward size.

I mean, this is just release 4 for this mold in the west, right? Classics, Cliffjumper, Evolution of a Hero, and now Generations? That's not so bad. And I really don't mind the Movie-style deco on G1 BB... it works better than that white stuff they put on the first one, or the silver on Cliffjumper.

Anybody got any ideas about who KUP will get repainted into? Gears maybe? Point Blank?

Also... why are some of the shittiest pictures we've seen of these figs so far, the "OFFICIAL" ones? Ah... Hasbro. :) 

zmog

13. General Magnus

General Magnus Da Custodes of the Emprah

Well, at least you don´t live where I live and are forced to get with the scraps Hasbro sends out way..

14. Anguirus

Anguirus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Would you prefer a more intrusive gimmick for the RtS line to be based around? Because having Mini-Cons or Automorph or something would compromise the line's purpose as "stealth" Classics, but Marketing undoubtedly nixed just having a double-sized Generations line.

It never ceases to amaze how hard some folks will look to find a reason to complain.

15. Ethereal

Ethereal A Sad Flareon

It confuses completionists of certain lines :p .

I think they should just save themselves the trouble and only buy Generations if this is so upsetting ^_^

16. cooldeal99

cooldeal99 my hero is me

im just glad we're getting them i could care less what packaging they come in but ofcourse like most post i've read my wal-mart is still shelf warming wave 1 stuff with one or two newer figures as in hftd wave but i either have to go the online route or travel to other cities just for a slim chance of finding a newer wave...but sometimes the hunt is half the fun

17. SMOG

SMOG Vocabchampion ArgueTitan

Well, I live in Quebec, which is pretty bad... but still better than anyone outside of N. America, I'm sure... at least it's cheap for me to buy from US secondary market.

Of course, I prefer no gimmicks at all. After all they're Transformers... they're already robots that transform into vehicles! That's the gimmick!!!

But you've illustrated my point rather well. RTS just feels like a slapped together "throw some stickers on that" sub-line. The pretence is rather weak. I'm certainly glad to have them, but separating them like this does seem like a needless complication, whether it's due to marketing/distribution pressures or not.

As someone pointed out, it comes off as poor planning, and I can see why more formal collectors would be a bit put off, though I'm happy if the figures still end up my hands. Ultimately, I'm the one who decides what shelf to put them on. ;) 

zmog

18. Brooticus

Brooticus "You bred Raptors?"

News Credits:
    I'm pretty gutted that I pre-ordered G2 prime over Scourge. I'm sure I'll love prime despite the awful arrangement of colours, but the stellar reviews of Scourgypoo make me wish I hadn't turned my nose up at him. Hum.

Should have Pre-Ordered Scourge, then awaited for the inevitable Other RTS Scourge.

19. Opticron Primal

Opticron Primal Comin' up OOOs!

News Credits:
    HftD wave 1 had two major shelfwarmers while being stocked along side Generations and that hasn't stopped stores from restocking both lines with new figures.

Some members here have only seen wave 1 of Generations or up to wave 2 of HftD while others are already up to date with everything. That's not Hasbro's fault. It's the stores' and their methods of restocking their pegs.

20. b.winn1

b.winn1 Well-Known Member

Ill take 2 wreck gars and all the rest. Also love the rub signs