2010 Legion (old legends) G1 figures getting reissued in Feb 2017

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by BenjaminXavier, Jan 18, 2017.

1. G1Prowl

G1Prowl Prick, apparently

News Credits:
    They are fun, cheap, and kids like them. Honestly the most depressing thing about collecting is that these went away before some of the more common sense repaints got made...

...AND this. If only they made a few more G1 characters with new molds. Or even a few common sense repaints...

...like pretty much ANYTHING Diaclone/Microchange. I'd buy that so hard. Hell, look at all the repaint potential simply in existing molds.

Sideswipe, Red Alert, Deep Cover, Tigertrack from Rodimus mold. I customed two of these already, but legit releases for everyone else. Bonus for Clampdown.
    Smokescreen and Bluestreak from Prowl mold. Bonus if blue plastic is used, then I could custom a blue Bluestreak IF they don't do one at retail.
    Acid Storm and Sunstorm from the Seeker mold. Still not sure how these got missed, but seeing how long it took to get US versions of Cliffjumper and Skywarp
    Ironhide and Skids from the Trailcutter mold. I'd really hope original molds would be done later, but this would give me my Diaclone fix.
    black Megatron. 'nuff said.
    Delta Magnus. Easy repaint.
    Ricochet from Jazz
    Detritus from Hound
    Slicer from TFP Wheeljack. This is the only mold I think can cross over, so milk it. EPECIALLY since they did the Exhaust deco at retail
    Windcharger and Tailgate from Wheelie.
    Outback from Brawn
    Glyph and Bugbite from Bumblebee
    Scrounge and Pathfinder from Cosmos
    Treads from Warpath
    Buggyman from Beachcomber
    G2 decos ahoy

And that's without touching some of the other more eclecting repaints possible. The line was far from exhausted, they need to expand on it.

And if they managed to do black Nullrays on Starscream, I'd buy them just to slap them on my Skywarp. OCD ahoy.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Omegax80

Omegax80 Using a Positive Rifle

News Credits:

When these were at retail at Dollar General during their first run, they were priced at $5.99 or $6.99 if I remember right.

3. Diecast G2

Diecast G2 Transtectorless

News Credits:
    Sounds right, the clearance ones I bought were 4.

4. Murasame

Murasame 村雨

News Credits:
    I was looking forward to a tiny Grimlock and Galvatron, that would've been nice.

5. zeroblue2099

zeroblue2099 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I wish they had syuck with these little legion figures.
    Hell, I wish they had given Generations the same treatment as Prime with Commanders, playsets and Legion scale versions of characters.

6. Murasame

Murasame 村雨

News Credits:
    Nah, I preferred that there were no commanders and everyone was the same size. I saw these like Monster in my Pocket, only as Transformers.

I also don't put the new Legends figures to my Legends collection. I only buy characters that are OK for me to be so small to my Generations collection. In my Legends collection I put only bots that are of the old Legends/Legion size.

But for playsets I'd be game. I was even eyeing some of the movie legion playsets, but they just looked too much like the movies, so I did not really like it.

7. zeroblue2099

zeroblue2099 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I partially agree with you; I display my legion figures that were a smaller size originally with my other CHUG figures and the legends figures that were originally a larger size (Jazz, Hound, Trailbreaker, Thundercracker etc) separately.

I got stand by the Commander Class though when it was executed well (OP, Megatron, Bulkhead, Dreadwing etc) looked nice next to Knockout, Wheeljack etc.

8. shadowfall1976

shadowfall1976 The Alpha and the Optimus

I got Wheelie, Never saw the others. Then again i was only looking for Cosmos amd Warpath. But now, i have the Deluxe Warpath and I'll hold out for a bigger Cosmos or yet another new one. And i have the TR Hot Rod. But since the original Legends of ghise guys were hard to find, yeah, why not those be reissued.

9. G1Prowl

News Credits:
    Once again, with some notable exceptions most people treated the (Legion)Legends as their own sort of line, while (Scout)Legends were an addendum to the mainline CHUG line up. Funny thing, though: the (Scout)Legends were brought out as a subline designed specifically to interact with Metroplex, thus why the Big 4 were the first molds done. It wasn't until the Minibots and Insecticons started getting done did Hasbro see that's what was selling, so that's why the repaints of the Big 4 and most of the larger figs done as subline figs got phased out. We had, what, Shockwave, Rodimus and Thundercracker in the CW line, right? Or was it Skywarp. Same diff, though.

10. payres

payres Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    You want the Warpath, he's superb. Shave the yellow box off his chest and the turret even turns.

11. Nevermore

Nevermore It's self-perpetuating a parahumanoidarianised!

News Credits:
    Thundercracker was CW wave 1, Skywarp was wave 4.

12. G1Prowl

News Credits:
    So Acid Storm was the only other one in Generations proper. Got it, thanks. But it still holds up that starting about halfway through Generations proper they stopped doing larger characters with the exception of Shockwave and a few repaints/remolds.

13. BatLantern

BatLantern Well-Known Member

I just found Legion Class Cliffjumper on the 'Authentic Transformers' card stock (same design as the re-released Bumblebee, Optimus & Starscream) in a Family Dollar store in Delaware for $5.25. Are they re-releasing more than Bee, Optimus and SS, or has this thing been on that shelf for 2 years? :) 

I missed these the first few go rounds.. and I would love to have the 2 other seekers and Ultra Magnus to go with the others. Thanks for any info any of you have.. finding information on the 2017 plans for these has been difficult.

14. BenjaminXavier

BenjaminXavier Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Interesting. Can you post a picture? I have the Magnus and Skywarp from that wave on my desk in package still

15. BatLantern

Here is Cliffjumper, purchased yesterday at Family Dollar.

Attached Files:

16. BenjaminXavier

News Credits:
    Interesting. It might be the old one (rather than these reissues). Can you read the embossed date code on the back of the card?

It should be a pressed in number near the barcode (not printed). The # for my Skywarp and Magnus is 51661 (which translates to the 166th day of 2015).

IMG_8437_LI.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  17. BatLantern

Yep, 51661 is on the back.. So this has been sitting for a while. Thanks so much for the info!

18. BenjaminXavier

News Credits:
    Yup, its been sitting there for 2 years then. Drat! I was hoping they'd do more recolors too. Maybe there will be a wave 2 then.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Murasame

Murasame 村雨

News Credits:
    I might be repeating myself... but when are we getting new Legion figures? Also I thought the Legends name was more fitting. Like Legends of Cybertron. Figures that are not meant to be in scale, but at the same tiny size. A tiny pocket collection of the best characters there were. And there were a little more like these. Like those PVC figures, but transformable. Which made them cooler. I would love a tiny ion cannon for my little Prime. Make him cartoon colored with skyblue windows and white legs and crotch piece and I buy him again.

• Like Like x 1
  20. payres

payres Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    From memory, isn't the Cliffjumper lot Wave 3?

Wave 1: Op, BB, Starscream
    Wave 2: Megatron, Grimlock, Strafe
    Wave 3: Cliffjumper, Magnus, Skywarp