2007 movie Dreadwing

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Bumblejacker, Oct 20, 2016.

?

Retool?

1. Yes

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. No

7 vote(s)
    87.5%
  3. Maybe

1 vote(s)
    12.5%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Bumblejacker

Bumblejacker Well-Known Member

When ever I look at his toy I always see a heavy retooling of Armada Thrust, what do you think?

2. Noideaforaname

Noideaforaname Pico, let's go up to Zuma

News Credits:
    I seriously doubt that.

Though I do see the designs sharing a lot of cues -- the "squidhead", thruster-hands, the way the torso splits, the placement of the wings/tailfins, the VTOL fan. Hell, I bought him preciesly because he was so Thrust-like. Though it seems like the designer didn't have him in mind.

3. MrSoundmeister

MrSoundmeister Bang,Bang Boom!

Yeah, Strangly enough Dreadwing gets a black redeco in Overcast, which seems to be the closest thing to him looking like Armada Squidhead.

4. RazorclawX

RazorclawX Campaign Oracle

The fact that Dreadwing's feet transform into a weird pod module (which is the weakest part of the figure) makes it clear that it's not a retool of Armada Thrust.

5. MrSoundmeister

MrSoundmeister Bang,Bang Boom!

Yeah, And even though it has similarities to Armada Thrust, it's not really a retooling considering alot of factors.

Like how their robot and vehicle modes look nothing like each other. Also, if it was a retool, wouldn't there be obvious signs of the parts of the original mold still found in there? Also, did anyone make a size comparison between the two molds? It might help us clear this out.