2007 Classics Jetfire vs 2014 Leader Jetfire

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by jignat, Feb 8, 2019.

?

2007 Classics Jetfire or 2014 T30 Jetfire?

1. 2007 Classics

32 vote(s)
    37.2%
  2. 2014 T30

33 vote(s)
    38.4%
  3. Both suck

9 vote(s)
    10.5%
  4. I finish all my french fries first before eating my burger.

12 vote(s)
    14.0%
  1. ex dtw2003

ex dtw2003 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The thing I liked about the Classics mold was that it is very meaty in that old school way. There is plenty of play value with all the gimmicks as well.

That said, I find the proportions off, I hate the feet which make him hard to pose and his scale isn’t right.

Having had both in hand I kept the T30 mold. Currently very excited about the Siege figure which IMHO looks even better in both modes and, if current expertwith the line proves out, should feel a LOT better in hand to boot.

2. Strife

Strife Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    They're both very different and great figures, and with the forthcoming WFC:S release, which looks like essentially a Masterpiece figure at a general release price point, it just underscores what is probably the proper way to display your transformers now that we're getting essentially "Cartoon Perfect" releases (e.g. Shockwave, Mirage, Optimus Prime's bot mode): display all of them (if you have the space) to enjoy the diversity and iterations on the design.

WFC:S is essentially Cartoon G1 perfect.
    T30 is pretty much as close to the original Macross as one can get without copyright infringement.
    Classics, which came first, is very indicative of what classics was meant to be and tries a little of both cartoon and Macross and its own thing.

We G1 fans are absurdly spoiled this day in age. I remember when we had to buy Energon and Armada figures that homaged G1, but really were their own thing, and had to use them as stand ins for modernized G1 figures. Now, pretty much the entire major releases of the US G1 line has been released in updated forms, sans about a dozen or so, and most of the "most wanted" are late US G1 (Pirhanicon) or Japanese G1 that never saw a release here (Star Saber, Deathsaurus).

Remember when we used Energon Arcee as G1 Arcee? Well now we have several Arcee releases. So which one is right? None of them are and all of them are.

Case in point, Hot Rod. A lot of people got the Takara Legends Targetmaster Hot Rod release of Titans Return Hot Rod for the improved engineering and better look and used that as their "hot rod". That lasted all of 9 months before PotP Leader Rodimus Prime came along, and while the combined mode is kind of bad, the Hot Rod figure is pretty amazing. But since both are cool and do things differently, both are worth displaying.

Sometimes yes, a new figure completely replaces an old one. Not many people kept using GDO Generations Springer or that Universe 2.0 repaint of a Energon figure, once the actual Triple Changer in Generations 2014 came out. As soon as they produce a Huffer worth a damn, a lot of the Optimus legends-class remolds will be hidden forever. By for the most part nowdays, buying transformers means not picking "the best", but appreciating them all for what they try to do.

• Like Like x 2
  3. DocSeth81

DocSeth81 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    i prefer the bot mode of the 2014 but the vehicle mode of the classics

4. Satomiblood

Satomiblood City Hunter

Classics for me.

5. terry981

terry981 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I remember doing these comparisons back in 2014. Like some of you, I like T30 for bot mode and Henkei/Classics for alt mode.
    More comparison pics here:

• Like Like x 2
  6. Shin Densetsu

Shin Densetsu I WILL DESTROY YOU Content Contributor Veteran

News Credits:
    Classics Jetfire does have ratcheted feet which slightly help with balance. Didn't realize they were ratcheted at first.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Brooticus

Brooticus "You bred Raptors?"

News Credits:
    Classics for me. 2014 Jetfire looks gorgeous in both modes, but in hand it felt hollow and insubstantial.

8. MrVanimal

MrVanimal Well-Known Member

T30 for me.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Hanzkaz

Hanzkaz Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    My Classics Jetfire will definitely stay in jet mode. I like it it a lot better than his robot mode. And now that the Commander version is on the way, my Legends Jetfire may stay in alt-mode as well to represent the original Macross toy.

• Like Like x 1
  10. HuffR_WFCTX_91135

HuffR_WFCTX_91135 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm wondering if I should sell my t30 Jetfire, I plan to get the new one, But I really like the battle mode of the leader figure argh.

11. AutobotSeeker81

AutobotSeeker81 Well-Known Member

I like both. The classics has a more fun transformation, but thrilling 30 has a good look. The thrilling 30 looks like the battle mask is done a little better, but the classics one is better integrated into the alt mode. I say looks though because my copy of thrilling 30 didn't have the battle mask.

• Like Like x 1
  12. atomD21

atomD21 Not made of sterner stuff...

My vote went to the Thrilling 30 version. Even with the hollowness, I love the thing. The Classics one isn't a bad figure, but just doesn't do it for me. THat all being said, the Siege one looks to be absolutely amazing and will most likely be taking T30's spot on my shelf.

• Like Like x 1