2006-2007 a golden age?e

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by menasor73ct, Nov 29, 2012.

1. menasor73ct

menasor73ct Well-Known Member

Facebook:
    I was not aware of new transformers during that period of time,I found out a year later but I of course know much more and I have to think that those two years were standouts
    Rumor of live action movie in 06,release in 07
    The first run of classics just seem better made than later incarnations
    And probably generated a huge level of excitement amongst the existing fandom
    Mps were hitting the us shelves (Starscream and prime)
    The main line was I believe cybertron which I don't know too much about but it seems to be held in higher esteem than energon or armada
    And despite the controversy it caused I really like the 2007 botcon set
    And the comic book was actually pretty good,I have some sort of reprint
    So yeah,anyone else see those two years as a real high point?

2. bignick1693

bignick1693 Maximal

News Credits:
    Personally the era from animated to Hftd was the gold age.
    Toys were amazing.
    Even though rotf was a mess it still a box office hit.

3. menasor73ct

Facebook:
    What is hftd?
    What year did animated begin?

4. Moroni Prime

Moroni Prime #TFYLP Podcast

News Credits:
    HftD is the Hunt for the Decepticons subline that immediately followed Revenge of the Fallen, continuing the line on into Generations and Dark of the Moon.
    Animated was in 2008.

5. bignick1693

bignick1693 Maximal

News Credits:
    It stands for hunt for the decepticons. It contains ha jazz and leader starscream. And I think animated started in 07-08.

6. Moroni Prime

Moroni Prime #TFYLP Podcast

News Credits:
    HftD is the Hunt for the Decepticons subline that immediately followed Revenge of the Fallen, continuing the line on into Generations and Dark of the Moon.
    Animated was in 2008.

7. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    2007, but the toys only came out in 2008.

Hunt for the Decepticons - HFTD

I don't know if I'd consider 2006-2007 a golden age, there were some high points in terms of classics and some of the cybertron line (there were some real stinkers in that toyline too though, even in classics, though the concept was enough to make up for what they lacked in design), but once the movie line came out the year afterwards, we saw a big jump in resources not only to the franchise itself, but to the actual engineering of the figures. The movie and animated lines remain, to me, one of the biggest quantum leaps we've seen in Transformers toy technology (quality and aesthetics nonwithstanding) since the beginnings of Beast Wars.

8. Spin-Out

Spin-Out Well-Known Member

The Golden Age for me was the three years of Beast Wars, honestly. Animated didn't last long enough to be a golden age despite me loving every toy they produced, and the ROTF toys were annoying, over-complicated messes.

9. Backpack

Backpack G1 forever.

2007-09: This age ended with Animated.... ROTF saw to that. For me it was the time period of my adult life that was the best. Though 2000-2003 is a close second, with Car Robots/RID/Armada.

For all time it's definatly 1984-1987. Start of Transformers, the full run of the G1 cartoon series, and the animated movie. I don't see how I could ever enjoy anything more than I did all that.

10. Murasame

Murasame 村雨

News Credits:
    2007 to 2010 I would say. I liked the later repaints of the initial Classics toys better, as well their Henkei and United pendants. And the later Classics/Generations toys were much better. Since 2011 at least it is a long waiting time for characters I'm interested in, and even if they get released it is not guaranteed that I like the actual toy, which is really displeasing. And then the small FOC toys... At least we get Voyager Grimlock, I really prefer MP Grimlock, but as I can't afford such an expensive toy, I'm really glad for FOC Grimlock.

But the real golden age for me was 1987 to 1993.

11. Kakashi

Kakashi Well-Known Member

The golden age ended toward Christmas 2009. RotF had just hit DVD and people realized how awful it was. The common reaction was "Animated was cancelled for THIS?" The bees were just starting to become a real problem, though Battle Blades Bee bought himself a share of the spotlight for being THE best Bee from the movies.

The last 3 years have had plenty of goodness packed in, don't get me wrong. Some of my faves are from 2010-forward. But the franchise just doesn't have that same sparkle as it did during that time.

12. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    For Sure. Except my golden age was 2005 - 2009. (Cybertron to ROTF) Seriously 2009 had me almost wanting to end my involvement with Transformers. TFA was gone, No news of the WFC or Prime series and ROTF was the worst movie experience i had in a long time. I'm glad Prime exists because I wouldn't be typing right now I would actually have a life.

13. menasor73ct

Facebook:
    2008 and 2009 were definatly my peak buying years,I also attended my first and only botcon in 2009 (though I hope that will not remain a true statement )

14. Digilaut

Digilaut Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Last couple of years were definitely 'golden age' in my opinion. We had Transformers in a wide variety of looks (Animated, Classics, Movie). We had new Masterpieces. Then we had two Classics lines simultaneously. The engineers perfected alot of the movie designs in the ROTF/HftD line (although they became way too hard for kids to transform!)

It was great (and still is)! And still not enough to stop people from complaining Hasbro is the devil and fans never get what they want :lol 

15. Hot Shot.

Hot Shot. Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    If you hate what Michael Bay does to Transformers it was a living hell.

16. gregles

gregles quintesson

In the fiction I feel we are currently being treated to a golden age as idw's mtmte is easily some off the franchise's best fiction. Prime is no slouch either giving us a good solid ending to season 2 complete with some real sadness being emoted from ratchet, its build up also had loads of great comedy gold coming from starscream hell even the scavenger hunt had some interesting moments of character development and exceptional movie eclipsing battles. I haven't got round to rescue bots yet but it seems to attract some love from members here so it cant be too bad. The games in my opinion aren't as playable and don't have as expansive level design of the PS2 armada game but they have what that game lacked which was great storytelling and character. For me we are currently in the midst of a peak of the franchise in terms of storytelling

17. Soundpulse

Soundpulse Well-Known Member

PFFFFFFFFFFFFF. We all know the Golden Age took place millions of years ago! Fans these days...

18. Hotshotprime43

Hotshotprime43 Well-Known Member

personally my golden age with transformers was 2003-2007 but i was 10 when the first Bay movie came out so you get an idea of my age. When i first got into Transformers it was during the end of Armada and the start of Energon. Although Energon not a beloved series to most of you it has its nostalgia for me. But i remember the days of the Unicron trilogy but also the first time i saw Transformers: The movie (1986) it was in late December of 2004 and i rented the Dvd form Blockbuster. As well as the Beast Wars 10th anniversary in 2006 which was awesome for me although i was a decade late i got to watch beast wars on TV and buy some toys as well. And then the greatest movie ever was release: Transformers. the first Bay movie will always be my favorite along with Star Wars these are the DEFINING movie of my childhood. So with all this my TF golden age was up to when animated began...... After that show started my entire school started losing interest in transformers. But after Animated was over we got two more movies and Prime so i am happy with Transformers currently.

Pont is for my lifetime this is how i will describe it.

1997-2003: Before being a TF fan there was the power rangers and TMNT.....

2003/4-2007: The golden age of my Transformer childhood that included the Unicron trilogy, Transformers: The movie (1986), Beast Wars 10th anniversary, and Transformers (2007 Film)

2008-2010: The ugh years of pulling threw animated :(  And although i like ROTF the movie asthentic got annoying to see on toy shelves

2010-Present: The new golden age for me :) . With the start of TF: Prime, WFC, and Dark of the moon i can enjoy Transformers again

19. menasor73ct

Facebook:
    Energon is the line I am curious about these days

20. menasor73ct

Facebook:
    My timeline goes like this
    1984-88 discovery of and love of collecting transformers;destroying transformers
    Watching shows reading comics

2008-2010 discovery that transformers did not end in the 80s,discover the power of Internet in collecting,amass a tremendous collection

2011,total discouragement with the whole thing and financial problems cause me to sell 99 percent of collection
    2012-realizing how happy I was in 2008-10 period and so I'm "getting the band back together "