2.5 inch human figures for TF5?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by mrbrains, Jan 27, 2015.

1. mrbrains

mrbrains Autobot

Last year with GOTG Hasbro put out some decent 2.5 inch human figures and some nice vehicles and now this year with The Avengers AOU they're doing the same thing but with play sets so I'm curious if you guys think Hasbro might do the same thing for the next TF movie line? I think it would be pretty sweet and we might get some nice playsets. It seems that there also doing it for the Jurassic World line, so why not for Transformers?

2. Sponge

Sponge Herald of Unicron

News Credits:
    Hell. NO.

That is a terrible idea IMO, humans only work in transformers toys if they have some form of interactability, without an established scale line wide, any humans would would look out of place at 2.5' with most transformers

Human alliance, and masterpiece, are the only lines to successfully pull off human figures in a mass market release transformers branded figure

Otherwise the only good human toys are ga'mede from the ehobby magnificus set and the Takara version of kicker, but only because I so blindly love microman

3. mrbrains

mrbrains Autobot

Well that hurt. I don't know, i think it might work. Of course Hasbro would figure out some dumb gimmick to make them compatible with the figures. I'm just saying they've done it twice now and rumor has it they're also doing it with JW so i assume they'll do the same with TF's. But that's just my opinion.

4. barrelks

barrelks Captain Funtastic

News Credits:
    I don't care to have human figures in with my Transformers. Outside of being a jumbled mess, one of the major complaints of the TF Movies is that it focuses on the humans more than the bots. Don't need another reason for them to do this more.

5. Sponge

Sponge Herald of Unicron

News Credits:
    It's just my opinion, no offense was meant

The big difference is that the entire conceit of those properties, is humans (or humanoid aliens or robots of reasonable size) as the heroes

Transformers human characters, in the movies at least, have been incapable of protecting themselves, or even mounting a respectable defense, without the direct involvement and instruction of the transformers themselves, hell in aoe, the only reason Cade can do anything of use, is because he finds an ALIEN weapon, without it he's helpless, as cemetery wind would be without lockdown directing their tactics, and serving the finishing blows himself

And it's the same across all movies, the only reason they could take out transformers in dotm is because the autobots trained them how to do so, Sam was only important because of the allspark, and they needed someone to distract devastator in rotf so they could shoot him with, arguably the only effective weapon humans have ever employed against the transformers,

All that is important because, I doubt a kid watching any of those movies would leave saying

"Wow I want a Cade jaeger toy"

Or any similar human character, and at the end of the day, they are the intended consumer, not the collectors, who may want a Kelsey gramer, or mark whalburg, or Megan fox, but we don't make up a large enough precentage of the potential profit, as those that want such toys are a small precentage of a small precentage

Again this is just my opinion, and I mean no offense to anyone, but at the end of the day anything could happen, I don't work for Hasbro and as such don't know what they re going to do :) 

6. mrbrains

mrbrains Autobot

Dang, the humans are completely useless in the movies. But it is a turdy idea so none taken man

7. Shin Densetsu

Shin Densetsu I WILL DESTROY YOU Content Contributor Veteran

News Credits:
    Only down with this if it means bringing back Human Alliance

8. mrbrains

mrbrains Autobot

Yeah, HA would be better than the individual human figures.

9. Dolza_Khyron

Dolza_Khyron Well-Known Member

10. Timothy.R

Timothy.R Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Those 2.5 inch figures are absolutely pathetic. I could never see myself supporting a line like that..

11. Superquad7

Superquad7 OCP Police Crime Prevention Unit 001 Super Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    [​IMG]

12. Dachande

Dachande MULTI-QUOTE- USE IT. Super Mod

News Credits:
    I honestly disliked the HA line. They had their own scale, which just didn't fit with much else. The basics were rather bad, and the full-size ones sacrificed too much to be able to fit the humans (or Frenzy) on the bot-mode, like the shoulder seat on Barricade.

13. Bumblebee2000

Bumblebee2000 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I wouldn't mind humans if they didn't look absolutely stupid together. I don't need exact scale, but I don't need a human the size of a tire or up to Prime's waist. So as long as they scaled with a line I wanted, I'd at least get one. Otherwise no way, you couldn't sell me Star Wars figures at that size, and I bought a shampoo bottle because of Darth Vader. Thought I was going insane recently when I saw some GOTG figures on clearance and had to grab a Star Wars figure for size comparison.
    They don't have to actually fit in, actually traded my HA Sideswipe, novelty wore off fast.

14. bagofshhh

bagofshhh Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    They kind of already tried this with cyberverse for DOTM and Prime (obvs not 2.5" figures, but with interconnecting playsets with smaller scaled transformers). I enjoyed the line, and I would support it again if they brought it back.

15. Sponge

Sponge Herald of Unicron

News Credits:
    I'd be down for more HA

But I actually thought of a human-ish character I would buy in any scale if Hasbro put it out

Sari Sumdac

Preferably one that transforms

16. Ironhide1234

Ironhide1234 Here.

News Credits:
    Human Alliance says hello.

17. Bobbatronus

Bobbatronus Bullet Sponge

Ebay:
    The only way I would jump on this is if they revived the Human Alliance line, but I think it would be better received if the scale was lowered to a 1/35 instead of a 1/24.

Having said that, I have all the Human Alliance line and love them (even if I don't like the movie designs) and wished Hasbro would of continued the line.

18. Metroplex79

Metroplex79 Hey mouse, say cheese!

This would be great. Humans had lots of exposure in the movies. Plus some were great characters. It would wise for Hasbro make toys of characters that people enjoyed in the movies.

Human Alliance figures were too small. They'd have to be at least GI Joe figure sized. That way you can give them accessories. Figures for Epps and Lennox would have been on par with the accessories that come with GI Joes.

Cade would have to come with a little robot invention and a football.

19. Snake_eyes1975

Snake_eyes1975 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    this...10000000% this

20. dirtweed

dirtweed Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Something I never understood about the merchandising for the TF movies. They have all these actors in the movie but they never really capitalized on their likeness. The toy line always seamed backwards to me. The main line should have been Human Alliance and the deluxe, voyagers, leader ext. should have been the secondary line.

The HA figures are OK but they still need more refinement. Removable helmets, backpack, swivel grip, and the ability to hold a weapon are all musts.

I would mind if they went to a slightly smaller scale, it would make them a little more affordable and the TF figures would be easier to handle.