1st-grade girl bullied for liking "Star Wars"

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Mr. Sinister, Nov 19, 2010.

1. Zherbus

Zherbus In Shogo Hasui, we trust.

News Credits:
    [​IMG]

2. Foster

Foster Haslab Victory Saber Backer #3 Veteran

News Credits:
    ya dun goofed

3. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

I may be weird for thinking this. But if your kid is an only child then some teasing & rough times is neccessary. So they're not a piece of glass ready to be shattered by the first negative thing that comes their way when they hit high school. Make them go all emo and stuff.

Brothers & sisters kick each others asses all day , mentally & physically. They're already used to the torture lol
    Sheltering one child too much can be bad for them when they get older and you're not around to save them.
    And instead of telling a child to not get themselves dirty, throw them in the mud instead. You're only young once.lol

Last edited: Nov 28, 2010
  4. NexusZero

NexusZero 強度の、勇気の愛、平和。

:lol 

Sounds like me and my sister.

5. Spoiler

Spoiler Autobot Spoiler

News Credits:
    LEAVE STAR WARS ALONE! PLEASE!

Sorry, that is the vibe I get when I see that pic.

6. Lumpy

Lumpy Taylor Swift Action Master Super Mod

News Credits:
    ^^^
    totally agree.

see, that bolded part is the issue... at this point, our society can't get past differences, so we EXPECT teasing/bullying to occur. i'd love it someday for us not to expect that. i know its probably a pipe dream, but i'll hold on to that as long as i'm breathing.

and while i do agree that parent's don't need to sit at a job interview with their kids (and while i was a retail manager, that happened) i don't think leaving the kid to their own devices starting at age 6 is appropriate either... to use your gas pedal analogy, we should push the pedal down more when the kid is younger, and as they grow pull out foot back more and more until the point that we can stop and they can be fine on their own.

7. AutobotSkids

AutobotSkids G1/Bay Lover

Nobody blames you Spoiler, that kid deserves every ounce of our mockery. :lol 

8. Grimlocks Pretender Shell

Grimlocks Pretender Shell Member of the Church of Quake.

The little girl in the OP should be applauded not teased. SHe's on her way to epic nerdiness. She'll be correcting people and spotting continuity errors in no time.

9. Mr. Sparklebot

Mr. Sparklebot 'Til All Are Juan

News Credits:
    You know, along those lines I kinda wish I had an older bro when I was a kid to kick my ass into gear every now and then. Any time there are signs of weakness: "LET'S SEE YA GRIT THOSE TEETH!" *falcon punch*

But instead, I get to do the ass-kicking to my younger brother. He should know how lucky he is.

10. Lunar Archivist

Lunar Archivist Well-Known Member

The problem is a bit more deeply seated than that. In the immortal words of Spike, "The history of the world is not about making friends." Society punishes non-conformity and rewards bullying or at least turns a blind eye to it. That's why the douchebag, cutthroat manager who treats his employees like slaves is likely to get farther than the nice guy one who treats his underlings well.

Hell, look at current foreign policy for some countries. North Korea and China are just bullies on an international scale.

11. KA

KA Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    i say it is the survival of the fittest!

natural selection is cool and all but for fucks sake were talking some 6-8 year old kid here. please dont use darwinism to justify the bullying of some kid who just wants to drink water out of a star wars tumbler.