1st-grade girl bullied for liking "Star Wars"

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Mr. Sinister, Nov 19, 2010.

1. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    :lol  :lol  :lol 

But seriously bullies are losers with no self estem and have nothing else to do but get attention by picking on someone weaker than them. Bullies are the cowards here.

I've dealt with being bullied a lot. Bullies= dicks.

2. Deceptikitty

Deceptikitty all about the hasubandos

I got teased for being ridiculously obsessed with Pokemon. I was so lost in my own little world anyway I didn't care :lol 

3. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

Still get teased for buying Transformers. At this point I don't care.
    Tellum Im a big dork before they even ask.

4. guard convoy

guard convoy The Big Daddy

News Credits:
    this, i don't care, if i am with friends and we go to wal-mart, i'm goin to the toy section, and probably buying some sort of transformer, and when we get back in the vehicle i will open it, and i will enjoy myself, screw what they think

5. Lumpy

Lumpy Taylor Swift Action Master Super Mod

News Credits:
    i agree, violence isn't the answer. and definitely something like Columbine happens because the kids decide to fight back in a manner they believe they can win. If they know the football team will kick their asses, they also know those same jocks will piss themselves staring down the barrel of a gun...

and "regular old teasing" is bullying. its not about whether its over a serious topic or not. that's bullshit. and there's certainly a difference between teasing friends, who are people you're close to, than being picked on by people who you don't see as friends. the girl in this instance was trying to change herself to conform to what she thought these other kids would approve of. that in itself should show that this is screwed up.

i do the same thing... i declare i'm a dork, and i'm proud of it... however, when i was younger, i certainly hid it a lot more... now i've got tattoos showing my nerdpride...

and like Kickback said, there's definitely an air of "someone will take care of this for you" and that's also not the right answer. but if there's a support group that helps you be more in love yourself and be able to brush off all the bullshit, and then be able to show these bullies that they aren't in control of you, then that's fantastic.

and again, it is the bigger person who takes it than gives it, but that also doesn't make it easy to deal with it. and kids are young and impressionable, so they don't always make the best choices, they feel sad, they want to die because they feel alone. and yes, one day you can move beyond that, and realize that life is great and you can have great friends who support you, but you've got to get to that point before you're really you.

i don't think i really started acting like me until college, when i finally had the courage to be me 100%. how many others can say they knew at 13 or 14? for most people, in my experience, it can take well into your 20's or 30's, and unfortunately some people never make it there...

6. DaraRex2.0

DaraRex2.0 I'd totally eat the leaf

12-17+ ? All the kids hormones and chemicals are running rampant till legal drinking age, they go out and do stupid shit 'cause the day was shitty. They get pregnant, they kill themselves.

When I was in Kinder I got in some trouble for bullying a kid, took me outta class to show me a whole slideshow and discuss bullying or something. I, being sweet and docile as I was, was completely oblivious and just happy. Then when I was nicely tranqed they took me to see my victim.

Never saw the fuckin kid a day in my life. Lookin back, i'm sure my 'bullying' case was just an excuse to stay home. That's why she said she wouldn't go to school, an older kid was picking on her...I guess, the counsler thought I had some 'at home' problems...fuck her.

*censor somemoar stuff as this is all ranting chilhood raep* I know this age is bizarre compared to the ye'old way we elders grew up, but some sorta root problem needs to be sorted out before the alien invaders come and attack. What are we retirees gonna rely on when they do, some sorta virus to save us?

7. Gordon_4

Gordon_4 The Big Engine

News Credits:
    There's a difference between having someone take the piss out of your shoes and having them make you miserable for enjoying something clearly near and dear to you, especially when you're 8.

There's a time and a place for everything in regards to getting rid of bullies but a person can only take so much. If after you have availed yourself of the options of the better person by walking away, telling the authorities and nothing gets done.....well at that point you're justified in rolling up your sleeves, spitting upon your hands and flying the black flag with the intent to cut throats.

I hate bullies, largely due to unresolved issues of my own. I hate them with a fiery passion that a thousand suns could not match.

8. Lunar Archivist

Lunar Archivist Well-Known Member

It's a shame the world is filled with cowardly dicks. :( 

9. toma

toma eskimo in disguise

Holy crap! A kid got teased for liking something nerdy! What is this world coming to?

10. Human Beastbox

Human Beastbox The Murdinator

News Credits:
    And it will be until the end of time.

11. Mr. Sparklebot

Mr. Sparklebot 'Til All Are Juan

News Credits:
    The issue really isn't about liking something nerdy, but liking something that's supposedly meant for the opposite gender. Just imagine what would happen to a boy who was into Barbie dolls or something. He'd have it much worse than this girl.

12. DrGrim

DrGrim OBEY

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    So what?
    Kids gave me shit on a daily basis for liking Transformers throughout every year I was in grade school.

13. Lumpy

Lumpy Taylor Swift Action Master Super Mod

News Credits:
    that might be true, but it doesn't have to be true... if people start changing how they are and we learn to not tease each other because of our differences, then we could conceivably not have assholes in our lives forever...

but then again, look at how many KKK members and Neo Nazi's we've got left after all the work of Dr Martin Luthor King and others like him... sure, its highly improbable, but not impossible.

14. terry981

terry981 Well-Known Member

Never knew Star Wars was more of an gender issue. Yeah, most guys talk about it, but these bullies got to go to a Star Wars convention or something. They'll learn that its not just guys if you know what I mean. Then again their mommies wouldn't let them go.

I wonder what would happen if the issue was Transformers. There's gonna be a riot on these forums i bet.

15. Brainchild

Brainchild Dark Flame Master

People would opt to kill all of those bullies with Walther-P38's.

16. Chaos Muffin

Hmmm, there's alot of Star Wars fans here. We should punch them all in the nuts.

17. NexusZero

NexusZero 強度の、勇気の愛、平和。

What the hell?

Why would you freak out about that? My parents never made it news when some people at school called me a wannabe Asian because I like Godzilla and TFs, why is it such a big deal if this girl likes star wars?

18. Brainchild

Brainchild Dark Flame Master

For one thing, you probably didn't come crying to them every time you were called a wannabe asian. Not only that, but I'm fairly sure mommy blogs didn't exist at that point.

19. NexusZero

NexusZero 強度の、勇気の愛、平和。

I think most little kids today are raised thinking that there parents are their sole defenders and caretakers, leading to such things as helicopter mom blogs etc, it's kinda sad when stories like this become the object of society.

20. Chaos Muffin

Bullies are big pussies anyway. Which is why they target people smaller than they are.
    Which also means you could most likely kick their asses Mcfly style.