Minor/Repaint: 1st Custom: MP Grimlock

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by WheeljackRules, Sep 22, 2011.

1. WheeljackRules

WheeljackRules Well-Known Member

Hey everyone, long time lurker, first time poster. Never done something like this, hell I never really got into models when I was a kid. Anyways, hope you like it.

Also, thank you to FrenzyRumble for the inspiration to use real gold foil, and REDLINE for the tutorial on here on how to paint clear pieces which I used on Grimlock's sword.

Attached Files:

2. Dr.Cox

Dr.Cox The Coxster

Ebay:
    Looks pretty good. Real good for your 1st time.

3. reluttr

reluttr Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    whats real gold foil?

4. WheeljackRules

Everything that is gold colored except for the chest and claws I did in gold foil. It was a pain in the ass, but I think it turned out well.

5. WheeljackRules

Thanks Dr. Cox, loved you on "Scrubs" by the way. =)

I decided to try customizing as a form of therapy since I had my accident. Being disabled left me with a lot of free time which was driving me nuts. I did a lot of research on here to learn to drybrush and do washes, and I can't thank everyone who's made tutorials on here. I hope I can save up for an airbrush for my next custom. All the paint on Grimlock was done with a brush which I like using, but I really want to try an airbrush next.

6. jcartwork

jcartwork Well-Known Member

Dam i always wanted to make 1 of this .Your post is making me crazy and envious good job dude

7. WheeljackRules

Thanks man. You should totally do one, I've seen some of your stuff, you would knock it out of the park. I wish I could do the type of kitbashing like you did on the BFG you made.

I was honestly really scared to start out with a MP figure. My girlfriend tried to talk me out of it by reminding me how much I payed for it since this was the Takara version but if you're gonna go, might as well go all out.

8. Superquad7

Superquad7 OCP Police Crime Prevention Unit 001 Super Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Welcome to Radicons! I'm really sorry to hear about your accident, and wish you a speedy recovery! It's really cool to know that the things we've provided here can help you with your on-going recovery and therapy. I hope we see more from you; you've done some nice work here :) 

9. jleezy79

jleezy79 Well-Known Member

Well done

Hi there. I just wanted to congratulate you on your great custom and being able to find new thing to get you through difficult times. I'm now four years into what may be a lifetime recovery from a collision and have returned to many hobbies as support to get through tough spots such as TF and comic collecting. All I can say is I'm touched by your positive approach and to stay strong.

10. Alloy Alchemist

Alloy Alchemist Decepticon sympathizer

Great first post,welcome aboard,and i hope your recovery goes well and speedy.

11. WheeljackRules

I fully intend to do more customs, and when they are done I will totally post them. Maybe I'll be able to come up something new that will inspire someone like so many people on here have inspired me.

Man, I'm sorry to hear about your accident. It's been 3 years so far for me. The doctors all said I would never walk again, but I told them it was too hard to get laid in a wheelchair so now I can walk short distances. I may never be back to where I was before the accident, but I'm not one to give up. The hardest part, for me at least, was all the stuff I lost. I lost a great paying job, my wife, my house, my car, I felt like I was in a country music song. lol

Enough of the depressing crap though, I'm just really glad you guys like it. If you have any ideas or suggestions to make it better I would love to hear them. =)