1st August: How are you finding the game?

Discussion in 'Transformers Video Game Discussion' started by Shizuka, Aug 1, 2010.

1. BlackbirdSR-71C

BlackbirdSR-71C Loyal Decepticon

Thanks a lot! I just wanted to know wether the US DLC would work with my European game. Well, it won't. Sucks.

2. graymer

graymer Well-Known Member

The PC community is very small for MP. I logged on all various times over this weekend for the double xp, and found no more than 300 at peak.

Every game I joined was plagued by the D/C bug from the host. When I tried to alleviate this by hosting my own, it took around 10 minutes to start a game. Even then, it wasn't filled to max.

The campaign is great, but I don't even think there are achievements for the PC, so I won't bother beating it again. I already have done both portions of the campaign on all difficulties.

So currently, it's taking a back seat until both the online issues are addressed, and we are given a DLC.

3. Human Beastbox

Human Beastbox The Murdinator

News Credits:
    I play it quite sporadically these days. It has to do with the fact that I do that with most games and the fact that when I die almost 10 consecutive times at one part in any game and have to start over at a check point waaayyy the hell back--I move on to something else for a while.

Also, the no offline co op bums me out a bit. My best friend shouldn't have to have the same console as me if we both want to indulge in robot on robot violence.

4. Rumble02

Rumble02 Radicon of Obliticons

News Credits:
    I still totally dig it

5. Orion Paximus Prime

Orion Paximus Prime Banned

I'm still playing the crap out of this game. I love it and not just as A TF fan but an avid gamer.

6. DJCHARTERS

DJCHARTERS Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    EVERY single game today that ive played either had serious lag or the host quit between waves 13 and 15. we are talking around 9 or 10 games over the space of today. very frustrating its just as well i LOVE this game.

7. clonemanager

clonemanager Hunter

News Credits:
    Played though the single campaign once in easy since the first week, used the two bonus chassis for MP ...
    and have leveled up all 4 classes above level 10. hehe.. (the journey for soldier's is the hardest) Also since I can only play at most couple hours a night if i get the time... so far my best team deathmatch (and I found it fun) was as a scientist w/ 7 kill 1 beating with exactly what a scientist should do in the battle field... 1. joined the teammates, 2 blast any enemy from air ; or fine aim on the rifle before an enemy 'd spot me.; 3. support teammates with the healing gun passively. 4. and shoot and retreat in most one on one fight.

I have also played scientist just by flying around healing my teammates without much kill but still scored 2k XP per game.... that was ok, too...

psn : clonemngr

8. Miggytron

Miggytron Slag Sucking Saurian

I don't have much gaming time and what little I do have is split with Super Street Fighter IV.

That said, I'm still having fun with the game especially since I just started playing Conquest. I really like how I can outscore a dude with way more kills than me by being a team player.

9. salmonman78

salmonman78 Mordin, my hero

I love the game completely, and plan on grabbing the DLC. But as my gold is expired and I already beat the game on Normal, having a hard time going back to finish getting the hard mode achievements and the last couple single player ones I need as well.

A good game but think like with Final Fantasy 13 I played too much too fast and burned a bit on it.

10. Rotorstorm

Rotorstorm Wreck n’ rule

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    still enjoying it, been on escalation most, it's just a shame you can't choose what map to go on, I've only played the new decepticon one a couple of times as a result. choice of which map rather than randomly selecting is something to include in the next patch as well as host migration (I always wait until a match has finished but other players aren't quite so courteous)

11. McBradders

McBradders James Franco Club! Veteran

Burnt myself out over the double XP weekend. The multiplayer stuff is just flat out fucking broken. If its not disconnects or freezing its bumping in to a team-mate and being pinballed around the map.

12. Opticron Primal

Opticron Primal Comin' up OOOs!

News Credits:
    Twist of all the reasons to give as to why multiplayer is broken you choose the recoil after bumping into someone....really?...really?. ;) 

13. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    His personal space was seriously invaded, in virtual land :D 

Twist, I dunno how much time you gave to Escalation, but given the right people, that mode is serious badassness.

14. McBradders

I think at this point highlighting shitty map design and bad class balance is beating the dead horse, plus that pinballing shit is just so fucking stupid. I can't even remember the last game that happened to me on, it's ridiculous that in 2010 this shit still persists :/

15. McBradders

I got my points there, so no need to go back unless people are desperate to play it.

16. Sideswipe80

Sideswipe80 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Still playing myself. Got 100% and Prime mode. Now to level my guys up again. Will be balancing time between this, Madden and UFC. Love me my sports games.

17. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm desperate to play it. I like when it gets butt-crazy mad and you're scrambling to find an Energon station.

I agree about the class balance though. I ain't a sore loser, but I know I unloaded an entire gun on a shieldless guy, and he simply did not die. I watched him run up to me from across the map (all while he's sparking from me shooting him), stab me once and that was it. After the 10th time or so that this happened, I moved to Escalation and my evening got a lot better.

18. McBradders

Hahah I should have recorded Boardwise and my own conversations while MP'ing over the weekend. It was a lot of "What the fucking fuck?" "I fell through the map again." "What killed me?" "FUCKING HOST QUIT AAAAAAAAAAAAH!"

19. Prowl

Prowl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The only times I fell to my death was when I realized that there was no lower level after jumping down a level and falling to my death. The only bad experiences I've had in TDM is "cheating" and host disconnections, the former being more annoying.

20. McBradders

No, bounced through the map and in to some magical void where nothing exists. I'm a scientist, man, I don't fall :lol