1985 Devastator Set

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Mitch FIN Keith, Oct 17, 2011.

1. Mitch FIN Keith

Mitch FIN Keith Autobot

i found a bag of this guys parts at a thrift store and picked it up for $5. It has 5 of the 6 figures and none of the combiner parts. I need Scavenger and the Hook that came with it needs to be replaced.
    my question is about how much will it run me to replace those two figures and get a set of the attachments and weapons to make him whole?

2. Silvershot

Silvershot On The Double Dutch Bus

News Credits:
    Depends on condition. Check out transformerland.com - they should have the figures and parts you need at a decent price.

3. Dark Skull

Dark Skull Well-Known Enabler Moderator

News Credits:
    I would check between that and ebay. Sometimes......and I do stress the "sometimes".....I've found decent parts at decent prices on ebay.

4. turboedguy

turboedguy minibotologist

News Credits:
    Separately, all the parts and bots are fairly cheap, besides Hook, which usually runs around $25+ on eBay.

5. Dark Skull

News Credits:
  6. rework

rework The Voice of Experience

$55 for a Hook? I didn't see anyone paying that. A couple broke $40 (with shipping), but another barely broke $20 (again, after shipping).

If you have the piece that broke off, it is pretty simple to repair a Hook. The groove in the back of the leg lets you drop a small metal piece in there and that makes it a pretty durable repair.

It's a lot better than dropping $40 on one.

7. Dark Skull

News Credits:
    You never know. Some people....might. At any rate, the one I linked is still at $4.24. Grab em!

8. rework

Heh heh... Yeah, but with over a day left, you know it's not going to end anywhere close to $4.24... Ebay gets way too much traffic on it's TF section these days for that to happen. And most buyers have learned to wait until the last minute to bid.

Just the way it is these days. And why I rarely buy off of Ebay.

9. rework

In response to the OP:
    Honestly, it's going to cost you about the same as it would to just buy a complete set. What you have is nice, and worth picking up for $5... But that set has so many parts and pieces (plus you need to replace the one valuable figure) that it would be cheaper to buy a complete set than to buy all the parts piece by piece.

10. Mitch FIN Keith

Mitch FIN Keith Autobot

ok cool, ill just enjoy them for what they are then, i wasnt into the G1 show, just a cool find, but thanks for the input guys