15 year old killed by police over pellet gun.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Zero Prime, Jan 15, 2006.

1. Wing alpha

Wing alpha <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and

hum they are scum I can take that away however you treatth death as if it wasnt a big deal. Pulling a gun takes a hell of a lot of will power, same with pressing the trigger but just as all things that humanity has gone trough you get used to it, however that doesnt mean its not hard. and my problem is how you treat death as if it was a simple. is not and carries consecuences belive it or not.

2. Cobalt Agent

Cobalt Agent My dick kills dinosaurs

I might have a problem killing say, anyone who doesn't risk the lives of others, but not some punk waving a gun around.

3. Random Autobot

Random Autobot Soviet Kanukistani

Ooohh... you're a hard man, aren't ya?

4. Wing alpha

woah so you say you migth have a problem killing other people ... killing inocent or guilty takes willpower . because he is just a kid, as much as a dumb ass he was he never had a chance to live on,him dying is tragic .you dont fuck around with death plain and simple.

and as Random said you are hardman eh?

5. Cobalt Agent

I don't care if he was a kid. As soon as you decide you're old enough to start pointing weapons at officers, you're old enough to get your head blown.

6. Wing alpha

thats stupid.

I mentioned he was a dumb ass but that doesnt mean that he isnt human, nor old enough when one is that age is really easy to go batshit insane. while I aprove the officers action I still belive you are wrong by treating the issue with such misconcience sure he was a dumb ass but being young makes it tragic. specially all the chain that probably his death will cause, officers are human, and killing a child is posibly the hardest things to do.

7. Cobalt Agent

The little morons "humanity" has no bearing on how he should be treated. So he was a kid; big whoop. He knew what he was doing. He deserves no sympathy.

<!-- ...and is misconcience even a word? -->

8. Lance Halberd

Lance Halberd oh hai

News Credits:
    Just remember kids, everyone is the foremost authority on their own opinion.

9. Aaron

Aaron Master of Crystalocution Moderator Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Twitter:

Limed for truth.

10. Wing alpha

yeah should have remembered that, is just that after the hell I came from in mexico city if someone treats death ligthly will piss me off....

11. Dolza_Khyron

Dolza_Khyron Well-Known Member

about the taser thing, what if he had a bad heart? and the taser killed him anyways? when you use electricity, you get unprodictable results, this is why they stopped using the electric chair in most states, because you do not nessarily get the same result with every one, sometimes people do live the first few jolts, and has to be jolted again, sometimes several times, and sometimes they are just jolted once, and burn alive, electricity is very unprodictable on just how much or how little is released, or on how much or how little is enough or too much to stop a kid, plus when people use force, they need to use force back, or people will copy cat, if he got away with it, there would be a lot more, if they just gave him a slap on the wrist, someone else would try the same thing next week.

12. planetjacker

planetjacker Critters burn real good. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:

QFT! Not an officer myself but I have a cousin who is. Let these people do thier jobs and be involved in your kids lives.

13. Zero Prime

Zero Prime Windows user no more

I am an officer, and I was saying that no matter what we do we catch shit for it. The public always bitches when we taze, but when we shoot the say we should have tazed. Lord help when 2 of our officers got shot, they returned fire and ended up shooting the guy in the ass and in the shoulder as he was running away and now they are being sued. Thats how ignorant a lot of the public is. Those officers were protecting them selves and are being sued over it.
    :banghead: 

14. Kickback

Kickback @GeekWithChris Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Tumblr:
    People who don't know what they're talking about should just stop posting in this thread. Here are the rules of law enforcement, kiddos.

Protect and Serve

You see a person (kid, elder, walking dog, WHATEVER) holding a weapon and threatening himself, those around him, and you. For all you know, that weapon is cocked, loaded, and ready to go off. It takes a split second for the kid to aim and fire, longer than it will take you or your fellow officers to realize he's decided to shoot someone.

Eliminate the threat with the least amount of casualties

The kid has a fricken' gun. A WEAPON CAPABLE OF KILLING IN ONE SHOT (depending on the target, the actual hit, the velocity of the bullet, the mass of the bullet, etc. etc. etc.). He's had it aimed at himself and those around him. He stupidly makes the gesture of removing the gun from himself or those around him and aims it at you and your crew, who just happen to have a score of automatic weapons aimed at him.

The chance of the kid shooting an innocent victim has just dropped from 99.9% down to 0%, because the gun is no longer at one of them.

The chance of the kid shooting you or one of your fellow officers, which is just like a big happy family, just jumped from 0% to 99.9%. But your duty is to protect and serve, even if it means taking the bullet. You decide to eliminate the threat for everyone because the only threat left is facing you.

You shoot.
    Kid goes down.

Threat eliminated.

I don't give a fuck if the parents called and were like "OMG don't kill our son, it's just a pellet gun!" Yes, because officers can tell it's a pellet gun when he's so many yards away and he's waiving it around. You can't. You can't assume that it's a pellet gun. What if the parents were wrong? What if he had a real gun, they tried to just tackle him and he ends up shooting and killing someone? Uh oh, lawsuit against those parents, the school, the police department, and you've failed at your job because someone innocent got hurt because you didn't eliminate a possible threat, you chose to try the peaceful maneuver.

When someone has a gun and they're aiming it at people, you don't take any chances. It's them or you.

Let the lawsuits fly in. Hopefully they get a judge who will look at them and tell them a lawsuit is no excuse for poor parenting. The only lawsuits should be at the school and at the tormentors who pushed this kid to the edge. The police protected other people as they're supposed to. If we start sueing those who protect us for doing what they're supposed to do, then what the fuck are they there for?

RIP kid, you took a pussy way out yes, but I think all of us can relate to what bullying can do to one's heart and mind. And I do pity that it came to this.

15. Dolza_Khyron

Dolza_Khyron Well-Known Member

my whole point was, what kickback said, and basically, don't blame the officers they were just doing there job, what they are paid to do, i am just glad no one else got hurt.

16. Cheetatron

Cheetatron Drat, outsmarted by a Lorry, I am disgraced

Can we lock this thread up all ready, Its just "they should have shot to disable" vs "Cops are supposed to shoot to kill" were just arguing in circles and no one is learning anything new at this point. If this thread had a purpose I'm sure its been served.