15 year old killed by police over pellet gun.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Zero Prime, Jan 15, 2006.

1. Zero Prime

Zero Prime Windows user no more

Tazers are short range without the prongs. nd even with the prongs there this little thing called muscle reflexes. Ever been shocked pretty good, kinda flexed up a little huh. Now imagine firing off that tazer at someone pointing a gun at you and that finger flexes. Tazers do not knock you down. If it had been a real gun that officer would have been wounded or killed. Besides, tazers are meant for non-lethal force during situations with combative inmates or prisoners.

2. Jux

Jux Please, call me Steve. Veteran

No.

3. Zero Prime

Wow, Jux. You made my long explanation absolutely unnecessary with one simple word.

4. Aaron

Aaron Master of Crystalocution Moderator Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    He's good like that.

5. Rattrap

Rattrap Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Im 15, going to be 16 in March.

I can see why the guy shot him, the kid had the gun aimed, and he reacted. I probally would have done the same thing if I was in that situation. My guess is that the cop that shot the kid just shot, never aimed at the kid, he just wanted to make sure that the SWAT guy went home to his family that night.

6. rattrap007

rattrap007 one with the Force TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    But still only one Chaos Muffin

7. TOM

TOM From one hood to Yours

Ebay:
    Sad........So Sad.

8. Random Autobot

Random Autobot Soviet Kanukistani

Unfortunately, "WDFA" doesn't have the same snappy ring to it.

9. Jux

His weapon was almost certainly trained on the center mass of the target the entire time prior to the actual shot being fired.

10. Zero Prime

Sometimes it's hard to get people to understand that when an officer has to pull his gun his job is pretty much to kill you, not to hurt you.

11. Star Sabre James

Star Sabre James The JUICE

All I can say is if you point a gun (real or fake) at a police officer you are dead. If you live consider yourself lucky when you are in prison for the next 10 to 20 years.

12. Predaking

Predaking Well-Known Member

Personally I don't think the kid or his family deserve any sympathy. Sure it's a tragic death but that kid asked for it and it's obvious he wanted to die that day. No blame should be placed on SWAT for doing their job.

13. The_Bardock

The_Bardock ****** of the Minicons

Most police issue tasers i've seen do have the prongs to be able to used at long distance. Also when your body is shocked your hands can reflex in different ways, I know when I had my hand get one of those electric pads on it the muscles actually made my hand open up and now clamp down. Anyways my idea was more of a taser the guy before he even has a chance to point the gun at an officer. In the end I think they all did their job just fine.

14. Cheetatron

Cheetatron Eh

Clearly the kid wanted to die, but why aren't the parents worthy of sympathy? What was their crime, procreation?

15. Jux

Have you ever heard the saying, "Never bring a knife to a gun fight?"

Tasers are for belligerent people on the side of the road. When you start toting a weapon, and what's more, aiming it at officers, you've thrown out your "non-lethal alternative" eligibility.

16. Predaking

Predaking Well-Known Member

I just have problem with them cuz it seems like they are preparing to sue the law enforcement by hiring a lawyer. It's nothing more than a kid getting assist suicided by the cops. While I feel for the parents they should mourn for their son and move on.

17. Cobalt Agent

Cobalt Agent My dick kills dinosaurs

I watched this crap on the news. From what I heard, he was on life support after he got shot. Why can't we stop trying to stop stupid people from dieing?

"He was emotional! He was bullied! He wanted to die!" Oh boohoo. Then he should have shut the hell up and killed himself, letting everyone get on with their lives. Why do people always make excuses for these cowards?

"Ooh, they should have tried to save him! Killing isn't nice!" As opposed to what this clown did? The cops and SWAT did their job. Frankly, I wouldn't feel guilty if I'd shot that panty waist. I wouldn't feel bad at all.

18. Zero Prime

Trust me, your muscles normally contract. We use them at work and to use the they must be used on you. But as Jux pointed out, you do not use them against anyone with a gun.

19. TSFC

TSFC Banned

Predaking, you're not in their shoes. You're not offkilter and lost right now. (Let's hope you never have to go through anything they did) If you were though, you cannot lie to us right now and tell us you wouldn't at least consider it. You can lie to yourself however much you want, but until you're faced with a situation...you'll never really know.

Same idea applies here. Never say what you'll do in a situation, until you're faced with said situation.

And the parents are deserving of our mercy and our concern, and our sorrow. They lost their child, doesn't matter how or by who. They lost him. They did nothing wrong, nor illegal. Let them deal with this and hopefully heal.

No offense Predaking, people like you shouldn't be a therapist, you're the type that would say "Well if you're gonna kill yourself, here's a knife. Don't get no blood on the floor. Thanks."

Why do I say that? I can see you rubbing salt in the wound. DEEP.

20. The_Bardock

The_Bardock ****** of the Minicons

Well seeing as i've seen videos of officers using tasers on people with weapons that isn't exactly true. Also if you read what I said it was to do it before he had a chance to point the gun at an officer.