115-Utopia Earthrise Ironhide Upgrade kit

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Black Convoy, Apr 16, 2021.

1. primalxconvoy

primalxconvoy Banned

News Credits:
    Cheers. Unfortunately, both of those sources are not really good for me (TFsafari seems too expensive and I don't do Paypal/trust Ebay).

I hope this comes out for the more mainstream TF toy sites!

2. 84OptimusPrime

84OptimusPrime Autobot

News Credits:
    I preordered mined 2 months before it was released. Both this and the Ratchet Paradron Medics set. Amazon canceled both of these from me with no explanation besides they oversold their preorders. Either Amazon is incompetent or they had an insider that put these aside for themselves and knew they could sell on the side after what happened with Cybertron Skywarp.
    Either way I will always try to preorder from anyone now besides Amazon. When I see an Amazon exclusive I cringe.

• Like Like x 5
  3. Pcsolyar

Pcsolyar JaAm Connoisseur

News Credits:
    The whole point of using PayPal is that you don't have to trust eBay. They give you buyer protection.

• Like Like x 2
  4. primalxconvoy

primalxconvoy Banned

News Credits:
    I don't trust paypal. Too many issues/problems. I just want to use my credit/decor card.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Mattymo

Mattymo Banned

News Credits:
    no it’a the fact that Amazon is incompetent. They claim prime is for free shipping but in reality they prioritize prime members over regular orders and don’t cap their preorders. Hasbro gives them a limit to preorder and Amazon just doesn’t cap them. Fenrys and I both ordered the ironhide/prowl set the same time and he’s a prime a member and I’m not and I got mine a month after he did. During that month wait I reached out to amazon asking why because I ordered mine the same time as a friend and if they got their stock why isn’t mine being sent out. They said they ran out and are waiting for more. Again I said “but I ordered it the same time as my friend who got his so how do they not have mine if they got their stock” all I got were excuses after another till I accused them of prioritizing orders based on prime membership which I was told they don’t but then I got a rep that full on admitted they do. That’s the only time I ever complained and will never complain to Amazon because they threatened to cancel my order 3 times in 20 minutes with me screaming “NO! DO NOT CANCEL MY ORDER!” Several times

Last edited: Apr 18, 2021
    • Like Like x 4
  6. Sness

Sness Autobot Supreme Commander

News Credits:
    Amazon support actually gave some sort of semi-useful information? Every time I call them they just ask if I want them to change my password.

• Like Like x 3
  7. jayacon

jayacon Prime

When is the ratchet version coming. 

• Like Like x 1
  8. Mattymo

Mattymo Banned

News Credits:
    wasnt easy. Like I said they threatened to cancel my order multiple times. They’re not suppose to tell you that stuff but I probably got someone who gets yelled at all the time over something they personally have zero power over and said “screw it”

• Like Like x 2
  9. 84OptimusPrime

84OptimusPrime Autobot

News Credits:

For what it’s worth I am a Prime member and I preordered using my Amazon Prime card. For both sets (Ratchet/Paradron Medic and Ironhide/Prowl). I called and spoke to someone for an hour both times and end result... my hour I can never get back. I do not want to say how much I buy from Amazon as that shouldn’t matter... but I buy a lot.

Now if I want Ratchet I have to spend $200 on ebay.:scalper 

They did send me Ramjet/Dirge. But they never put it in a box so it has Amazon labels all over the packaging and dirt and damage.

It does not matter if you are Prime or if you have their credit card. In the end they made a mistake and they did nothing for any of us that had preorder it. It is unfortunate.

• Like Like x 1
  10. megatroptimus

megatroptimus Untitled

News Credits:
    Finish is awful.

11. Grimusaur

Grimusaur Queero Supremo

Twitter:
    Never realized until now that the roof/shield has the start of a window molded in the back! Weird.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Girl Pants

Girl Pants Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Totally missed that tease at a part B set that converts the van roof into the weapons platform. I'll be very interested in that for my SG Ratchet.

• Like Like x 1
  13. ziltama

ziltama Mods, molds, and casts. Also full of hot gas.

News Credits:
    Anyhow, I would recommend to avoid 115 stuff in general unless you are prepared to mod (and even repaint) for their total lack of QC. I'm sure their prototypes fit, but they clearly do not test their production samples...like Matrix Workshop. 115 feels like an extension of MW with the same QC issues.

• Like Like x 2
  14. Mister D

Mister D Bloosh Compatible

From what I've heard its choice c: Factories were short staffed due to COVID and behind in production so orders got cancelled.

• Like Like x 1
  15. cyberpredicus

cyberpredicus Well-Known Member

These look sweet, I’ll have to check them out. Hopefully they do a set for Rachet as well.

16. Hockeymask

Hockeymask Well-Known Member

Interesting.....apparently the designers are not part of the company. Glad you cleared that up for me. Do you have some statistical proof that every single figure that people are unhappy with is strictly due to budget restrictions or simply poor design choices within that budget? Regardless, not my problem to figure out who is at blame for what. I am the customer all that matters is whether I like the product.

There are plenty of figure I love in this line, but there are also some things that I dislike due to obvious budgetary issues and/or poor design choices.

The difference is, is that I can say the good is good and the bad is bad. Whereas you resort to this round about back door apologist shtick, "Well you see I know it looks bad but it's really a great figure because the designers were handcuffed because of the budget" or however you try to word it.

I buy products that are good for their value, not "good" because I also need to consider budget limitations for designers. Once again, not my problem. Feel free to defend just have some perspective and don't take toy defense so personal bro.

• Like Like x 3
  17. Mister D

Hoo boy. Where to start?

1) Designers are employees. They don't set corporate policy, so defending the workers is not defending the corporation.
    2) Do you have statistical proof that the designers are lazy, because that was the accusation I was taking issue with.
    3) I never said that one's feelings about a figure were illegitimate, nor did I say a bad figure was good. That's just a strawman argument.
    4) If you're not going to educate yourself on how the business works and how the figures are made, stick to criticizing the product rather than the process.

Last edited: Apr 25, 2021
    • Like Like x 3
  18. maloney4playz

maloney4playz God's Strongest Broadside hater

News Credits:
    i hope that someone makes a kit that will let you convert siege ironhide into his earth mode

• Like Like x 1
  19. Mister D

Word is that orders were cancelled because the factories were behind due to COVID related issues, mostly being short-staffed. It isn't any less frustrating for those who missed out, but it doesn't look like Amazon did anything different for its preorders last year than in the past, and those generally went smoothly.

20. Alottamatteo

Alottamatteo Well-Known Member

Guess what came in today... 7F7978FD-C7D2-423F-A003-77F40C979D70.jpeg D2C1551F-55E3-4CCD-A977-FF36FCF78EDD.jpeg 008BCEF2-99D2-4C7E-B1EB-23C5307556DD.jpeg 4F057D6A-C6E3-416C-9127-DF295CB384C4.jpeg 582AB19E-1E8E-4103-A72A-01A906CDC895.jpeg 98CB9724-1EB6-4C03-8846-52A8755DFD98.jpeg 7005FAFA-6977-4175-A3FF-5068437FB14C.jpeg 27FA6E1B-6876-4FDB-925E-40A077A03C8A.jpeg FB89CF69-8428-4D70-B917-695BE7660BAB.jpeg

All in all, I’m pleased with this kit. The color matching isn’t exactly perfect, but it’s quite a bit better than I expected it to be. I think that since the figure itself is a couple different shades of red, these new pieces don’t really stand out at all. You really can’t tell a difference just eyeballing it. The arm fill-ins require a little sanding (used a nail file) to fit in, but they’re sized well and snug. The van panels aren’t as flush and don’t line up as much as I’d prefer on the rear part of vehicle mode and they do create a little gap when the roof is on, but save for that, in my opinion it’s an overall improvement. Also I’m totally fine with parts-forming, so switching the feet doesn’t bother me. Either way, it’s not a chore. The pieces come apart and fit snuggly back together very nicely.
    I leave my Ironhide figure in robot mode, so I would recommend this add on kit. The feet just look so much better to me. If I left it in alt mode, I might be a smidge more hesitant because of the gap along the rear roofline, but that’s my only gripe.
    I’d say it’s worth a shot if every set is the same quality as mine. Hope this helps if you’re on the fence. Bring on the Ratchet kit!

• Like Like x 11