115-Utopia Earthrise Ironhide Upgrade kit

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Black Convoy, Apr 16, 2021.

1. CobraKai

CobraKai Well-Known Member

You both are right. It really is about budget, and for Hasbro sometimes it’s about maximizing what you can do with a smaller budget. Reusing parts has been common since I was a child. He-Man toys were 90% the same.
    But yes Hasbro isn’t a friend or family and it’s odd that there’s some people that see them as such. I made a comment once and someone replied something like “that’s not how you treat a company that raised you”. Yeah my mind was blown. And considering the amount of money I gave them since 2005, and the money my mom gave them when I wanted toys as a child in the 80s, I don’t owe them anything and neither should anyone else.

Like I said I agree with both points. I didn’t buy Earthrise cuz it looked like most of the bigger budgets went to Siege and would go (did go) to Kingdom, which left a lot to be desired from Earthrise.

• Like Like x 5
  2. BattleGurijiba

BattleGurijiba One Radical Dudicus

Looks good.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Ramberk Magnus

Ramberk Magnus Well-Known Member

Agreed. It's not about being a corporate apologist, its about being a realist. You want no gaps? You want perfect alt-modes and perfect robot-modes? Go buy 3P or MP class figures. Yeah, you'll end up pay 2x-5x what you'd pay for a mainline figure. You're literally going to a big box store and grabbing a figure off a shelf-- everything is mass produced there, don't expect specialty products that cater to hardcore fans.

That's not to say you can't be critical of the decisions Hasbro makes. If Siege/ER Ironhide had been bumped up to a voyager figure, would it have been worth it? That's debatable. A big drawback to that idea is that we'd lose a voyager to get Ironhide as a voyager, so there's that...

• Like Like x 2
  4. Mattymo

Mattymo Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    want more then need. I’m not buying this. I’m not spending the cost of the figure or more on feet for an altmode he spend maybe less the 1% of the time I’ll own him in. Anyone does that’s fine but it’s not a necessity

just imagine if ER ironhide had everything this kit does but hasbro said it’s gonna be $40-$50. That’s a whole new complaint that’d be raging

• Like Like x 2
  5. Rob

Rob Prowl Fan

News Credits:
    Yeah totally agree. Ironhide should have had a larger budget or scale size (Voyager with more plastic and height or leader with a bunch of accessories). I mean he must be popular enough. Siege and ER are sold out everywhere and the aftermarket prices are really up there.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Zordonsage

Zordonsage Member

I\'m  Fine  with  out the  upgreade kit. I don\'t  complain  about the  back. One  reason how  many of you   display it that  way. When Most of the time it is on your  shelf in  robot mode. you barely  see it then. Same thing  as  Siege  Ironhide same feet.

7. Rated X

Rated X Well-Known Member

Seems like something that could be done without performing if a little more ingenuity was put into it to make the feet transform. Id like to see SXS or some company that doesnt 3D print take a shot at it.

8. B3k

B3k Well-Known Member

That is a really good idea I wish they had had before they started making this kit.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Rodimus Primal

Rodimus Primal Well-Known Member

Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    I'm sure this will please the few people who actually have an Earthrise Ironhide (thanks scalpers.) I'd love to get it otherwise.

• Like Like x 4
  10. Sness

Sness Autobot Supreme Commander

News Credits:
    I love how it was available to preorder for a month or 2 yet people still blame "scalpers" any time a product sells out.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Mister D

Mister D Bloosh Compatible TFW2005 Supporter

I’m just tired of ignorant fans who can’t just stop at “I don’t like it“ or even “it sucks.” They have to cast aspersions on the toy designers, surely more talented than almost anyone on these boards, who bust their ass to feed the toy addiction of grown adults, that they are lazy. Fuck that shit. Do their job for a bit and then I’ll listen to you piss on their work ethic.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Mister D

Mister D Bloosh Compatible TFW2005 Supporter

To be fair, when it comes to Ironhide/Prowl, a lot of people got their preorders cancelled.

• Like Like x 4
  13. Rob

Rob Prowl Fan

News Credits:
    Yeah seconded. I got mine, but there were a lot of cancelations, so maybe good to consider that.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Sness

Sness Autobot Supreme Commander

News Credits:
    I get that some where canceled but people seem to blame "scalpers" any time a product sells out even if it is up for a long time (like most Amazon exclusives).

• Like Like x 1
  15. Rob

Rob Prowl Fan

News Credits:
    It’s a good bet, either scalpers, demand, a lack of supply or a combination. Besides 2 months is nothing in production. If it was a year I get it, but it’s 2 months is a blink of an eye.

• Like Like x 4
  16. Hyoumaru

Hyoumaru M.S.B.S. ver. 10.5

all I really want is the feet, but I\'m a bit concerned because earlier I had bought a pair of 3D-printed feet for my Ironhide and one of the ankles just couldn\'t fit securely around them. Can\'t just up and get another Ironhide either so worried I got a lemon that wouldn\'t work with these new feet.

17. primalxconvoy

primalxconvoy Banned

News Credits:
    Where is this kit being sold?

18. Rodimus Primal

Rodimus Primal Well-Known Member

Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    Exactly. The window of opportunity to even get this set was beyond small and even still, many didn't even get theirs when ordered. Plus this was an exclusive, making it even harder to get for some.

• Like Like x 6
  19. SGMan

SGMan Well-Known Member

Tfsafari and eBay

• Like Like x 1
  20. Rob

Rob Prowl Fan

News Credits:
    An exclusive of ‘A’ list characters! Made no sense.

It’s like they planned the characters availability based around there lack of presence in the Netflix ‘show’. It’s like they said “no one will ever bother to check Prowl and Ironhide from 35+ years of history and their appearance in the CURRENT COMICS. We can make these niche purchases for those few fans who want them.”

I mean it’s not like they are Ramjet and Dirge.

• Like Like x 4