115-Utopia Earthrise Ironhide Upgrade kit

Discussion in 'Transformers 3rd Party Discussion' started by Black Convoy, Apr 16, 2021.

1. Dinobot Snarl

Dinobot Snarl Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Siege Soundwave was egregious, his alt mode is basically fanmode that requires so much imagination as to be rediculous. He's a space hulk from the Alien series.... Who's going to recognize that... But we can't get a hover car Sideswipe, or UFO Bumblebee. So they hobbled the mold to create an amalgamation of rectangular cubes. Something we would have been able to do if his real alt mode was a cassette player. ... Rage...

• Like Like x 4
  2. Rob

Rob Prowl Fan

News Credits:
    Yeah from the perspective of alien vehicles Siege did not deliver. Now on the realm of futureistic sci-fi vehicles, I think they nailed it.

• Like Like x 3
  3. Mattymo

Mattymo Well-Known Member

News Credits:

I guess I’m in the minority here because I thought siege soundwaves alt mode was great. I looked at him like his alt mode is a cargo carrier for atmosphere or deep space similar to the Nostromo from Alien. His cassette door would open and he’d latch on to these huge cargo and freight trailers and move them from one place to another

• Like Like x 5
  4. Rob

Rob Prowl Fan

News Credits:
    I can see that, BUT shouldn’t he turn into something more in scale like a shuttle or future jet instead? To be fair it’s hard to take a bunch of square shapes like Soundwave and turn him into something sleek.

• Like Like x 1
  5. ziltama

ziltama Mods, molds, and casts. Also full of hot gas.

News Credits:
    Some are noticeably worse than others, for sure. However, you are clumping together two very different things. Figure QC is a separate topic altogether.

Add-ons, though, are a different optional beast to deal with. People who are not familiar or buy these things on a semi-regular basis need to be aware of issues before investing more money on an increasingly expensive collecting hobby. Some of us are good at making modifications and some will never be willing to do so to make add-on parts work.

• Like Like x 3
  6. Ramberk Magnus

Ramberk Magnus Well-Known Member

Interesting... I think these might be first add-ons I’ll get in a very long time.

• Like Like x 1
  7. gibdozer

gibdozer Love Gun

I love Siege Soundwave. I just transform him into a portable "super computer" ala fan mode. His bot mode smokes ER Soundwave too, due to that sweet ab-crunch! His stock alt mode makes a nice Battering Ram, and you can't really have a Siege without that.

• Like Like x 3
  8. Rob

Rob Prowl Fan

News Credits:
    yeah I am inclined to agree with you. I am not saying this will have QC issues, but TFW2005 should continue to be cautious before displaying a 3rd party on the front page. I say ‘continue’ because overall I think they do.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Mattymo

Mattymo Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I mean he can be anything. Soundwaves built like brick shit house so I don’t mind him not turning into something sleek or fast especially since the altmode he’s mostly defined as having is turning into a is a box. Only time he’s ever been anything fast and sleek is Prime but his very sleek and angular robot mode allowed that and what did RID do with bulked him up to look more G1 and turned him into an armored vehicle. Same with cyberverse. We already got an armored car looking thing in the OG WFC so if they wanna try something new and make him some kind of large bulky ship that can also turn into his stupid lamp post I’m all for it

there’s that too. He’s got those missile pods in the front so he fires them, weakening the structure of whatever and then rams full speed.

sometimes you gotta think outside the box and use your imagination. Can’t let hasbro or anyone do it for you all the time

• Like Like x 2
  10. Rob

Rob Prowl Fan

News Credits:
    man good point.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Hockeymask

Hockeymask Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    LOL, I love this corporate apologist mentality. If they want my money, I don't care what their reason is because it's not my problem it's there's if they want my business. I'm fairly confident I will survive if I don't purchase a consumer product that doesn't meet my expectations of value and quality.

If people have a reason of dissatisfaction for something they are paying for, don't feel defensive if they express it. Hasbro is close to your heart for the plastic representations of childhood nostalgia they make for you, but they aren't your family or friends so don't take it personal when people criticize their products.

We are adults, not kids kids reaching out for whatever is on the toy isle peg, who are a targeted consumer base and any reason will be given to justify a product's shortcomings to us in order to get our money. LOL, maintain some perspective.

• Like Like x 5
  12. gibdozer

gibdozer Love Gun

tenor.gif

• Like Like x 1
  13. Rob

Rob Prowl Fan

News Credits:
    • Like Like x 1
  14. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Be strong enough to be gentle

News Credits:
    It’s a shame that we need an upgrade set for basic things like having an alt mode that doesn’t have robot feet just hanging off the end.

• Like Like x 6
  15. MrUniqZ

MrUniqZ Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I would like a similar kit from nonnef.

• Like Like x 1
  16. CobraKai

CobraKai Well-Known Member

And it’s so simple too. He’s already got partsforming what’s 2 extra pieces?And then Hasbro can bump him up to voyager class.

He does look loads better, but I’m not digging the roughness of the rear window parts.

• Like Like x 1
  17. autobotsrollout

autobotsrollout Well-Known Member

how many hasbro transformers do you really like that came out in the past 2 years?

18. DerVernichter

DerVernichter Well-Known Member

Yeah, while I do like Siegewave's stock alt mode (remindse of a boss from some MS-DOS shmup game), I also like to display him as some sort of flying tv device that brainwashes unsuspecting Cybertronians with Decepticon propaganda. The ab crunch on him is wonderful, not to mention ot pulling double dities as a back arch, and I really like how modular the robot mode is between its adkistable jetpacl and numerous flippy bits. I would've gotten myself ERwave too if only his alt mode wasn't a little gappy from the front, but as it is I think I'll be content with eventually getting Kingdom Soundwave as my Deceptiboombox.

• Like Like x 1
  19. POSSESSED_DIGIT

POSSESSED_DIGIT WE ARE NUBBY THUMB!!

News Credits:
    They could\'ve made some mushroom pegs on the feet so the toes would spin around, instead of pop off toes. 

• Like Like x 2
  20. Mister D

Mister D Bloosh Compatible TFW2005 Supporter

It’s not about being corporate apologist, it’s about knowing what your talking about and putting the blame where it falls: on the bean counters not the designers.

• Like Like x 2