1 main collecters figure line?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by popcorn, Dec 22, 2019.

1. popcorn

popcorn Well-Known Member

Was just over in the movie thread and speculation is that Megatron like the other TFs in BB resembles G1 got me thinking Hastak may in the future cut the Studio Series line and merge the SS and Generations into 1 line once SS has completed the other movie figures. They already G1ified Barricade in Siege. What do you think?

2. MWG

MWG Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    There is still a pretty hard line between live movie-verse and G1/Classic designs. If live movie designs were pushed into Generations it might be seen as an "invasion" and be considered to be taking slots that could be going to other updates (be they from G1 or even one of the post-G1 but non-live movie-verse). And if live movie-verse designs were altered ("watered down") too much then they wouldn't really feel like they come from the live-action movies which would irritate fans of that version of the franchise.

+-MWG-+

• Like Like x 4
  3. DeletedUser_119270

DeletedUser_119270 Guest

No way. I will never stand for that. The entire aesthetic is different. Plus, how do you have multiple Optimus Primes in one toyline? I also don't want SS ruining CHUG.

• Like Like x 5
  4. TheDecepticon

TheDecepticon Resident Asshole

News Credits:
    Id quit collecting immediately. I think the movieverse is trash.

Also, Barricade was a G1 character.....a blue Ligier micromaster

• Like Like x 2
  5. DocSeth81

DocSeth81 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    There’s a difference between an homage figure here and there like lockdown and lug it and going all out and combining the lines. I like studio series a lot. Some amazing figures. Movie 1 megatron is nothing short of amazing. But unless they start double dipping and go all Star Wars and make figures of characters who were in 3 seconds of the movie it has to end in 2 or 3 years. Maybe 4 at
    Most. There just aren’t enough characters to keep it going. Generations has 35 years of characters to do. We’ve seen them do characters who aren’t g1 in the generations aesthetic and I see them continuing that trend. In siege we got 3 non g1 characters. Hasbro is starting to listen to the fans and branching out beyond g1.

but I am against merging the lines simply because the aesthetics and engineering is very different

• Like Like x 1
  6. Siege Fan

Siege Fan Well-Known Member

I think Bumblebee was just enough of a success for a sequel (lowest money maker so far), so you'll be looking at SS figs for a few years yet.

Even if the next film died on it's ass there's no way they'll leave the franchise alone movie-wise. From memory Bay was involved with BB and it showed IMO. Get rid of that idiot and they might have room for a story with the CGI. I mean there's still some confusion as to what sort/strength of reboot BB even was!

What they really need to get a grip on is characters you care about. Stock loner kids and gruff military guys who come around in the final act... That's basically every movie so far. If Bay hadn't messed up Witwicky so bad that could have been an ongoing angle. *

And I mean there's no reason you couldn't do a serious movie with funny lines. You know, like every other film franchise worth it's salt. TF doesn't need to veer wildly from action movie to comedy and back again with really bad dialogue.

* I get that it costs a fortune to have massive bots onscreen all the time, but TF has an inherent problem in that EVERYBODY wants to see their faves face off, totally limiting the human characters who could possibly interact. It's gonna come down to a massive balancing act of plot, script, pacing and a hell of a budget to ever get a genuinely good TF movie. And IMO Bumblebee wasn't even close. Being the best movie in that franchise really isn't saying much.

7. Venixion

Venixion Its always the middle of the night in Moonside

News Credits:

No I don't think they will. Hasbro has had many lines and multiple characters appearing in different styles.

8. Soundwavelover2004

Soundwavelover2004 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Would be weird

• Like Like x 2
  9. Michael Payton

Michael Payton Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    No, but I think we will eventually get a mainline that mixes G1 and Movieverse the way Marvel Legends mixes comic and MCU. Probably mix in the current kid's show too like the current Cyberverse Deluxes.

10. Fc203

Fc203 Jazz is a Pontiac not a Porsche

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Isnt generations a line and siege and studio series just sublines