Minor/Repaint: 1:72 Scale Transformers collection

Discussion in 'Radicons Customs' started by blair88mph, Oct 4, 2016.

?

Who is better for this collection as Starscream?

1. iGear Starscream who is nearly astrotrain in size and has goofy elbows

3 vote(s)
    37.5%
  2. Prime Starscream (shown) who is scale good but less g1 Starscreamy

1 vote(s)
    12.5%
  3. Takara Armada Starscream who is small all around but has cool swords.

3 vote(s)
    37.5%
  4. Neither of the 3

1 vote(s)
    12.5%
  1. blair88mph

blair88mph Member

For a while now I have been collecting transformers that fit the 1:72 scale size in vehicle mode. Some characters like Soundwave I am using his drone version and are making his minions into weapons for his drone mode. Megatron as a gun is out so I had to choose between one of his horrible mini tank modes or his stealth bomber mode. I went stealth bomber and I de-scaled it by covering the windows (also added more silver megatron-ness) and calling it a "large drone" also like Soundwave, which there are monowing drones. Jetfire is the largest of the set which is fitting. (no sr71 ever had weapons (it was so fast it would crash into any missile it fired) so I gave him his actual weapon... a zoom lens camera) Long haul can be any size really as mineing Dump trucks can get into multi story machines so his Combiner Wars size is more fitting than the g1. Astrotrain would be almost twice the size of Jetfire in his shuttle mode however he fits perfectly in scale in his locomotive mode. Some non transformers are Iron Factory prowl and arcee, Gobots Tux, some crazy chinese toyota prius I am calling Windfire. Many have been custom painted and reprolabled by me.

Not pictured but yet to come are Hound (quick draw), Rumble and frenzy (foc scoop) Rollbar (rotf) Brawl (titans returns) Blitzwing (Iron factory) Tracks (wst) and hot rod (kabaya gum)

Attached Files:

2. Lord Dcast

Lord Dcast Dr Lockdown

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Interesting concept, but I've gotten to the point where all sense of scale has been thrown out the window. Too many good toys that are out of scale with each other.

3. crippy59

crippy59 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    Facebook:
  4. Unicron9

Unicron9 Fan and customizer of the TAWYS

Your scale is so varied I don't think it matters what Starscream you get. I have the igear Con-air seekers and love them. I don't think the elbows look goofy at all. Arms are maybe just a bit think but its a tiny compromise considering the figures are awesome.