1/60 SCALE COMPATIBLE TOYS (RIHIO, DIACLONE, LIGHTYEAR, MFT & GUNDAM)

Discussion in 'The Toyark' started by Suntzu28, Nov 15, 2021.

1. Suntzu28

Suntzu28 Well-Known Member

This (archive) threads focus is on all 1/60 scale toys ,toy lines and models with a particular interest in those that are compatible with and accommodate all action figures that are 1'' to 1.25" tall i.e. 1/60 to 1/72.

If the product can seat a 1 to 1.25 inch tall figure 1/60 scale fans want to know about it here. Also feel free to post custom or modified official vehicles that were designed for use with 1/60 scale action figures.
    Please note: 1/43 and 1/48 work very well with 1/60 action figures. Examples of the pairing are shown in this thread.

There are unique 1/60 toy lines from decades past and present that don't get the attention they deserve so collectors miss out on gems they've never heard of. Share your 1/60 scale knowledge :) 

With manufacturing technology allowing us to own 1'' tall fully articulated action figures there is no better scale to world build in.

These are the known 1/60 scale micro action figures available on the market:

Rihio Multiabyss figures (other colors and styles not shown but exist):
    {Rihio Multiabyss Mecha Pilot Set of 45 Figures}

c4c524000b.jpg

84f9d5fdfc039245703160589094a4c27c1e259c.jpg

rihio Dianaut.jpg

Bandai Gundam Micro Wars (other styles and colors not shown but exist)
    microwars5_grande.jpg

D39m6AjWAAQeAeB.jpg
    Diaclone Reboot (other styles and colors not shown but exist):

06.png

E. Monster Pilots

upload_2020-10-8_18-41-22.jpeg upload_2020-12-12_17-48-35.jpeg

FCOmuLIVUAYHean.jpg

Plastic Dreaming 3D Printed Figures
    Image source: Command 4 Pack (off white) — Plastic Dreaming

PD COmmand.jpg

(Buzz) Lightyear Hyperspeed assortment (multiple styles/characters exist):

Lightyear figure.png

Star Wars Micro Galaxy Squadron figures (multiple styles/characters exist)

52 Toys Hexanoids

52 TOYS figures.jpg

Last edited: Nov 4, 2023
    • Like Like x 14
  2. Matrix Quest

Matrix Quest Can't Escape from the 1:60 Scale Diaclone World

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    I try to stick as close to 1:60 as I can for my Diaclone "accessories"...

Photo_1634608925625.jpg

• Like Like x 10
  3. Suntzu28

I was hoping you'd chime in :) 

I look forward to seeing the forgotten gems and previously unknown lines you post.

I keep telling myself i don't want the DA-77 Power suit set but damn if that white suit doesn't look good.

1st up...

Toy line: Super Joint Robot
    Manufacturer: Lotte
    Year: @1981
    I'm not extremely familiar with the line but it strikes me as a "kabaya" type toy line (i.e. a toy line that includes candy in the package). I'm sure someone with greater knowledge will fill us in. It was ambitious for its time and has some unique robot designs. However it wasn't the robots that caught my eye but the images below showcasing original Diaclone Waruder figures. They are a great example of 2 unique toylines truly complimenting each other aesthetically. The combined result is greater than the individual product here IMO.

CHzCa91VEAAwfMZ.jpg CHzCbGKVEAAkoqN.jpg CHzCbStUsAAZU5r.jpg CHzCbTDUkAElT3K.jpg

C01S0KSUcAAiY8t.jpg

I'm not sure what year i acquired these pictures but they aren't mine. If you own these images and would like credit for them message me or post here and i'll credit you immediately.

Last edited: Nov 19, 2021
    • Like Like x 6
  4. Shin Densetsu

Shin Densetsu I WILL DESTROY YOU Content Contributor Veteran

News Credits:
    Bandai makes 1/60 Perfect Grade(PG) model kits, mostly of Gundams.

The original Diaclone line by Takara started in 1/60(aside from their F-15) IIRC and I think the current Diaclone line is still 1/60.

Yamato made 1/60 Macross mecha toys(Valkyries and some Destroids) and Arcadia continues to use some of the same Valkyrie molds in addition to releasing new ones. Bandai’s Macross DX chogokin line has mostly 1/60(or close) Valkyries aside from their DX VF-1(around 1/48).

There was a Gundam Micro Wars line released a few years back by Bandai and brought over by Bluefin which had SD-style UC Gundam and Zeon Mobile Suits/vehicles with 1/60 pilots.

I think Takara or another company made 1/60 Votoms toys at some point.

Maybe another made 1/60 Patlabor toys.

• Like Like x 5
  5. Thundershot

Thundershot Ratchet Fanatic

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Oh yes! Please post diorama sets that are available to purchase, too!

• Like Like x 4
  6. Matrix Quest

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Takara did make some partially die-cast 1/60 Votoms ATs and also model kits. (I have some of the diecast, which I'll share when I can dig them out. Was doing some shifting recently and they were boxed up.)

Bandai is currently making some 1:60 model kits as capsule toy (gachapon) items for sale in Japan. I ordered a set a few days ago and they are enroute from overseas. I'll share those when I can...
    Update: Here's the US eBay listing for them, but they are coming from Hong Kong, so it may take weeks...
    Armored Trooper Votoms Figure 2 1/60 Model Kits Scope Dog Marshy 5 pcs | eBay

Last edited: Nov 15, 2021
    • Like Like x 4
  7. Suntzu28

I'll research the Bandai Perfect Grade 1/60 models later. No images come to mind when i read the description. Despite the fact that the Actic Gear Armored Trooper Votoms are technically 1/48 they accommodate 1/60 scale pilot action figures (2nd picture taken by Dr Robert Strange on Joecustoms.com @2016):

Toy line: Armored Trooper Votoms 1/48 (Actic Gear)
    Manufacturer: Takara
    Release date: 2006 originally

Cjf_wBjVEAAHT_r.jpg
    Votoms with dianaut.jpg
    [​IMG]

I'm not sure what year i acquired the 1st picture but it isn't mine. If you own it and would like credit for it message me or post here and i'll credit you immediately.

Last edited: Nov 17, 2021
    • Like Like x 6
  8. Suntzu28

I'd imagine you're looking for sci fi dioramas but i thought i'd post this anyway to stir our imaginations until someone does. It would be pretty easy to build or customize an existing toy to achieve a "base in a mountain" playset.

Marx Guns Of Navarone Playset

[​IMG]
    Marx Navarone Giant Playset 25.JPG

Source: Madamwar: Marx Guns Of Navarone Playset

You may also want to google: modular miniature playsets
    as most 28mm miniature terrain / dioramas are compatible with 30mm tall Dianauts and RiHio figures.

[​IMG]

Source: Must Have M4 Collapsible Sci-Fi Terrain Kickstarter From MCSTUDIO – OnTableTop – Home of Beasts of War

Alternatively you could use the Hexbug Space Station
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 16, 2021
    • Like Like x 12
  9. Gendou

Gendou Well-Known Member

Snap Ships are somewhat in-scale with 1/60 figures.
    The pilots that come with them are slightly smaller, but 1/60 figures will fit into many of the cockpits. Not all, but many.

Regardless, Snap Ships mechs and ships look good with 1/60 figures in a diorama. I'll post some pictures once I take some.

• Like Like x 6
  10. Thundershot

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I forgot I have a bunch of unopened Hexbug sets I got thanks to people here a few years ago when they were selling for dirt cheap! I love the mountain bases, too!

I have one of these Micro Machines Yavin bases that I use as a mountain base entrance (after I took out all of the cardboard Star Wars pieces). The Dianauts fit great in the seats.

07BEBEB3-1741-4085-9D21-F8AB17A33946.jpeg BC1B8034-BC3D-4C65-8912-0C4D8E7C676B.jpeg

• Like Like x 9
  11. Seeaich

Seeaich Inaction Master

News Credits:
    They're at the high end of cost as an option but the FEITE gear available from TF Safari (and possibly Ali Baba? I haven't ever sourced them that way myself) are designed for Diaclone expansion/display.
    Screen Shot 2021-11-16 at 10.36.06.png

• Like Like x 10
  12. lake88

lake88 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Fei Te sells his prints directly on Taobao. He has also released some of his older designs like the science pod on cults3D for free use, check his twitter
    https://twitter.com/feite_li/status/1432917143276834818

• Like Like x 6
  13. Matrix Quest

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Feite's stuff is really good, too. Unfortunately, in the US Taobao isn't an option without a proxy, which can put them even higher...

TF Safari just added Feite's newer models and they are on AliExpress from a legit seller as well. You will have long/slow mail time on them. Half the time, they are made to order, so that delays as well. However, in conversations with designer, they like ExHobby, (which only sells on Amazon.co.jp, so a proxy is required there, too) are becoming victims of their own success, due to limits on ability to scale up production.

Speaking of, ExHobby's furniture is amazing. It is pricey and you have to find a proxy willing to jump on those limited offerings as they sell out in minutes.

I have quite a bit of both either in hand and/or on order. I'll be sharing images in future posts.

I have used some tabletop gaming terrain from EnderToys Terrain for photos and been happy. They sell direct and on US Amazon.

The HexBugs are good for play, but the colors feel a little out of place with a lot of the Diaclone toys, but wirks with some. The slanted floors are a little annoying, but necessary for their designed purpose.

These remind me of the old Mego Eagle Force Eagle Mountain I had as a kid. I also think I have a red mountain from Marx somewhere...

Last edited: Nov 16, 2021
    • Like Like x 3
  14. lake88

lake88 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Do bear in mind that they are lower priced on FeiTe's Taobao shop and TB proxies often allow you to consolidate packages for bulk shipping. TF Safari and Aliexpress sellers are simply ordering them off TB and reselling them at a markup too, so either way you're paying a "middleman fee". It's really a matter of one-stop convenience vs price at the end of the day.

I personally find it hard to go this deep into a hobby without making use of proxy services, especially for niche custom accessories like these.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Dachande

Dachande MULTI-QUOTE- USE IT. Super Mod

News Credits:
    20211116_084921.jpg 20211116_085012.jpg

• Like Like x 9
  16. XIII

XIII TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Thanks for starting the thread

• Like Like x 6
  17. Matrix Quest

Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Oh, I agree. (However, FEITE has told me they prefer not to sell direct to an end buyer and recommended one seller on AliExpress who gets them direct. I recently made a huge order with them.) I have just not had any luck with Hong Kong/China proxies. I use them a lot for other countries, especially Japan. Is there a service you recommend for HK and/or China?

For some reason, these go for crazy money online all of a sudden. You were able to buy these at book stores not that long ago. I'm guessing it is part of Covid's effect on the market.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Thundershot

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I have the swivel chair and computer.. they’re nice but very expensive for what you get. I’d love to have a bunch more of them to build a base, but I can’t justify the cost.

• Like Like x 1
  19. lake88

lake88 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I believe he's referring to direct international sales since he'll have to research overseas shipping on his end. When you're buying through a proxy or Ali reseller he only has to handle the local shipping so it makes no difference to him.

That one is hard to answer without being in America myself. You could consult the 500 page Taobao thread on the 3P forum, but the active American posters there have dropped after the pandemic messed up global logistics.
    Buying Transformers on Taobao

20. unexistance

unexistance 60:1 scale human in Diaclone world

Let's get the obvious one out first, Titans Return line :D  will need a proper seat
    for the Dianauts, otherwise it's perfect. Unless you're like me being pedantic
    in which I skipped most car alt-mode since cars should be around Tomica/Hotwheels.

tomica : VERY hard to get actual 1:60 vehicle, so I personally take the range of
    1:55 - 1:64, eyeballing them most of the time. The Tomica playsets fits OK as
    well, especially the shoplots.

Hotwheels : generally 1:64 but mattel never follow it closely, so YMMV.

PG gundam : generally the cockpit does not fit, there was a comparison picture in
    tfw2005 but it was a long time ago

diorama : look for 28mm / 32mm miniatures, 3d-printed or branded finished products.

Galoob * Fleet : the playsets with seats pretty much perfectly 1:60.

Manta Force : was said it's 1:60 scale as well, not sure if someone manage to post
    pictures of it here in tfw2005

• Like Like x 2